Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Cutlass Series
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Cutlass Series Includes Cutlass Ciera, Cutlass Cruiser, Cutlass Calais, Cutlass Supreme, Custom Cruiser, as well as the GM N-Body subforums.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-17-2005, 04:09 PM   #16
chevelleman
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to chevelleman Send a message via MSN to chevelleman
i had a 91 cutlass supreme with the 3.1 and it was nothing but problems the rear brakes were a constant problem partially due to the poor design and the fact that i live where they salt the crap out of the roads as well as the injectors being shot at around 100,000 miles and just before it hit 160000 miles the head gasket blew so bad on the number 5 cylinder that as soon as the cooling system would get any kind of pressure the engine would hydro lock fun times finally donated the thing so that was the end of that
chevelleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 04:40 PM   #17
superlooperjr
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to superlooperjr
Re: 94 supreme? do they suck?

I just bought a 92 for my wife, sounds like a made a sound choice for me price I paid
superlooperjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 05:00 PM   #18
themindbender
AF Newbie

I own a 93 and these are the problems I have had, with 150,000 miles:
1. replaced 3.1l motor x2
2. front rotor
3. all four brakes x 4
4. turn signal flasher
5. rear struts
6. Fuel injector x 3
7. Fuel pressure regulator
8. paint
9. water pump x 2
10. window switch x 2
11. door lock
As long as you get the 3.4l or 3.8l your o.k.
themindbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 07:46 PM   #19
superlooperjr
AF Newbie

Send a message via MSN to superlooperjr
Oh No!

This one has the 3.1L muti-port, so I can expect the motor to go out soon? That is sooooo sad!
superlooperjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 07:52 PM   #20
themindbender
AF Newbie

does anyone know about oldsmobile struts (rear)? I can see no springs or a place for them. I also can't get the lower bolts out. It's like a 20mm, but there is no 20mm. 19 to small, 21 to big, 3/4 small 13/16 to big, any ideas?
themindbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 12:58 AM   #21
uummm
AF Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to uummm

my bro has a 90 cutlass supreme, we have done alot to it in the year that we have had it, intake gasket, injectors, 5th gear went out due to a cracked half shaft leaking tranny fluid (its a 5 speed), the wiper motor went out, and now its sitting in the driveway with half the engine in the trunk due to a blown top end (7000 miles past due for an oil change and my brother doin a burnout letting it ping off the rev limiter probably didnt help any). his is only a high output quad 4 though with about 80000 miles on it, but if its a quad 4, its a common problem for the head gasket to blow right around 100000 miles. thats my input.
uummm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2005, 09:13 PM   #22
94cutsupreme
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to 94cutsupreme

I own a 94 Cut Supreme...My mom owned it for 7 years before me and had NO problems at all.

Now that I own it, I have nothing but problems.

I replaced the alternator about 6 months ago, but that's just maintenance...

My airbag randomly deployed, I don't know what set that off but it was quite the experience...

My anti-lock brake lights and my normal brake lights are always on. Without them being on, the brakes kinda don't work...

I have blown head gaskets that I can't afford to replace so I have to add water to the overflow before I go anywhere or my car will overheat.

Currently, my car is sitting in my driveway, dead. There is no power at all. I don't have much experience with solving car problems so I'd rather not touch it. My horn and power locks don't even work.

My driver side window motor is messed up. During the winter it didn't work at all. But now it rolls down 1/3 of the way then I have to push it to 2/3 of the way and then it'll go down all the way.

So basically I'd say it's a crap car...Other people have had other experiences...
94cutsupreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 09:42 PM   #23
SupremeCutlass
AF Regular

It's a GM product... what do you expect? As long as you take good care of it, it will take care of you. If you don't baby the thing every step of the way, they crap out. Mine was about to be junked before I butted in and took it before it was scrap. It's been running fine ever since then; hasn't missed a start since I first put gas in it after it had been sitting for a good year.
SupremeCutlass is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Oldsmobile > Cutlass Series