Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Cedric | M45 | J30 | Gloria
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-09-2005, 07:15 PM   #1
mistaclean
AF Newbie

Exclamation J30 transmission problem

i think my tranny is gone in my 93 j30

have any idea how much i can get a new transmission for?

Last edited by mistaclean; 01-10-2005 at 09:23 AM.
mistaclean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 12:31 AM   #2
Nahkapohjola
AF Enthusiast

Re: J30 transmission problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistaclean
i think my tranny is gone in my 93 j30

have any idea how much i can get a new transmission for?

man/auto? whats the prob?

Maxima INFO pages was deliberately trashed (!?) by Cardomain; dont goto http://www.cardomain.com/ride/748507

There was a special Car Electronics -page http://www.cardomain.com/ride/748507/14
Nahkapohjola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 09:20 AM   #3
mistaclean
AF Newbie

it's automatic
whats happening is that when i start my car, there's this extra noise that i cant there where it's coming from, but when i put in drive, it catches first gear for about 5 seconds and after 5 seconds, it feels like the gear goes into neutral and just revs. then it just doesnt catch any other gears when i move my stick up and down. disengaging the gears, i would say... so if any of you have had same problem, let me know how you got it fixed. my mechanic told me used tranny will probably cost around 1500 and one from manufactor will cost about 3000, which is how much this car actually costs... this sux
mistaclean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 11:49 PM   #4
Nahkapohjola
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: J30 transmission problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistaclean
it's automatic
whats happening is that when i start my car, there's this extra noise that i cant there where it's coming from, but when i put in drive, it catches first gear for about 5 seconds and after 5 seconds, it feels like the gear goes into neutral and just revs. then it just doesnt catch any other gears when i move my stick up and down. disengaging the gears, i would say... so if any of you have had same problem, let me know how you got it fixed. my mechanic told me used tranny will probably cost around 1500 and one from manufactor will cost about 3000, which is how much this car actually costs... this sux

If you have seen the mech, then most possible its what he has said.

However, as/if that tranny is computer controlled = it has solenoids actuators inside, the 5 sec problem fits also electrical trb shooting chart. Oxidated connections warm up, builds resistance, supply voltage drops, solenoid coil is starved and lets off for sunny beach. Do thorough check before tranny replacement: all tranny fuses, connectors near tranny, relays, TCU connectors. Also verify gnd & +12V is really getting into the tranny solenoids. You need a elec schematics to find all.

Maxima INFO pages was deliberately trashed (!?) by Cardomain; dont goto http://www.cardomain.com/ride/748507

There was a special Car Electronics -page http://www.cardomain.com/ride/748507/14
Nahkapohjola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2005, 02:28 PM   #5
infinman
AF Enthusiast

Given that you have a noise along with your symptoms,You have a serious internal problem.Either torque convertor clutch failure or high clutch gone.You need to have a line pressure test done.A faulty line pressure solenoid will prevent car from going into gear but will not be accomponied by a noise.
infinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 03:28 PM   #6
Speedy_1234
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Speedy_1234 Send a message via Yahoo to Speedy_1234

Well, my 94 j-30 tranny computer got wet or should i said water and well now the tranny has like a beeping sound when i trun the car on is it bad to do that and what is that noise

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Cedric | M45 | J30 | Gloria