Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-12-2006, 04:59 AM   #31
M4tt83
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to M4tt83 Send a message via MSN to M4tt83 Send a message via Yahoo to M4tt83
Re: Maserati MC12 Racing 2005 1:24 by E.JAN -Kit Review-

Well "I prefer the MFH", but not necessarily because of the roof line, but rather because of the lack of symmetry, which is unforgivable in my eyes, and the inaccurate and hence butt ugly rear end on it.
Old 12-12-2006, 05:25 AM   #32
DasWiesel
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ED59
Problem is that you may say "I prefer the MFH" instead of saying "MFH has a better shape", because it's your opinion, not mine, nor another people.
Why should i? The shape is wrong, that´s not a question of any personal opinion, it is clearly visible. You surely did a great job on this Aston and neither me nor many other people here have the skills to do this, but at least you made some mistakes. So where´s the problem? Is this a question of honor for you? Even big firms like Revell are releasing models with wrong shapes.
It´s ridiculous to discuss about what i or other people should say about this kit.
Old 12-12-2006, 05:58 AM   #33
ED59
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4tt83
Well "I prefer the MFH", but not necessarily because of the roof line, but rather because of the lack of symmetry, which is unforgivable in my eyes, and the inaccurate and hence butt ugly rear end on it.
I far prefer this kind of answer...
ED59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 06:14 AM   #34
Philmodelcar
AF Newbie

[quote=ED59]On the criticized French Forum, I found problems over my 911 SC RS, and I'm now modifying some parts, 5 years after release of the kit... And oh? I'm nor sponsor neither admin of this forum, just an active (too much?) member...QUOTE]

Critizised because this french forum does not accept any critics...
not even worth to be mentionned here were democracy has all its meaning : everyone can express himself.

Now we can maybe go back to the original subject : the MC12 !

Sportsracer02 : will you start the wip ?
Philmodelcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 07:07 AM   #35
gionc
Authorized Vendor

Send a message via Skype™ to gionc

Well I wait a bit a bit to let fire flown down from my blood: sangre caliente here!

BTW:

1-: Micha, friend, I'm with you, thanks for the job.

2-: Mr. Etienne: I admire your job, but I admire more human values like humility. Some of us have in stash your OOP kits that you don't care...

... 10 mins... LOL
Old 12-13-2006, 05:26 AM   #36
sportracer02
AF Enthusiast

Hi,

thanks guys for the comments , they show, that

- the kit reviews are of interest and

- (although we all know that there will NEVER be a perfect model)
the modelers want the most possible quality and accuracy of kits,
especially in the 70 + Euro price-category.

I donīt want to write anything else concerning the Aston, from my point of view everything is written and documented by photos.

However, when now Ron from racingminiatures writes again about the Aston Martin from Hiro and Renaissance in the Hiro-Aston-WIP-thread (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...=633809&page=4 ), I understand him very well. Lots of the arguments he brings are already mentioned and discussed, but as a kit-dealer for sure he has a different point of view / interests as a mere customer / modeller and that is ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philmodelcar
Now we can maybe go back to the original subject : the MC12 !
Sportsracer02 : will you start the wip ?
Yes, this threadīs theme is called Maserati MC12 and yes, I hope I can start a WIP in the next weeks.

Thanks again for sharing your opinion - I promise:

- Iīll keep you informed about the E.JAN MC12 and

- there will be more kit reviews appearing time by time.
Old 12-13-2006, 07:02 AM   #37
klutz_100
AF Fanatic

Send a message via Skype™ to klutz_100

Micha, I think you need to open a new thread for your WIP

I've been following this "discussion" and I found it rather sad how someone's fairly, firmly and of course ulitmatley subjectively expressed opinion almost turned into a flame war.

I've re-read the original Aston review that Micha wrote and to be honest I fail to find anything in it that was either unfair or aggressive.

He studied the kit, shared what he found, said how he felt about it and several times clearly stated that it was HIS point of view.

Yes, he did point out several areas on the body that in his opinion were "incorrect". Should he have pretetended he didn't see them? Obviously not. Did he say that the kit was therefore useless? No.

The bottom line of his original review was:
Quote:
So I see 2 possibilities for this kit:
either to build it as it comes out of the box (and don´t care of the real car) -that for sure means fun-
or
to correct the the body and that for sure means very very much work.
Seems like a fair assesment to me, applicable to just about every kit ever made (including MFH kits I suspect)...and a good place to stop.

"I have a plan so cunning, you could put a tail on it and call it a weasel" - Edmund Blackadder
klutz_100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 07:41 AM   #38
gionc
Authorized Vendor

Send a message via Skype™ to gionc

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportracer02
Lots of the arguments he brings are already mentioned and discussed, but as a kit-dealer for sure he has a different point of view / interests as a mere customer / modeller and that is ok.
OK this would be my last on the topic, no more dirty from me Micha here, but I'm wondering exactly the same.

And definitely "rivetcounter" expression don't offend me at all, not for sure if said from certain people.

Happy modelling & happy manufacturing LOL to everyone.
Old 12-14-2006, 09:03 AM   #39
ED59
AF Newbie

Well, my English is not as good as my french speaking, so sorry for misunderstanding; I never wanted to say I don't care about customers, was just saying that I don't care about this kind of comments about a well-sold model.

Also, as "clearly" I think I do not have same eyes as you, maybe I have to retire, and present my apologies (and thanks) to the 300 guys who bought my DBR-9... also to people who bought some kits of the 300 patterns I made for 22 years, all made same (wrong) way.

Bye, Chaps.

Etienne; leaving playground.
Old 12-17-2006, 03:37 PM   #40
Layla's Keeper
Supermodified

Look Etienne. Firstly, you're nowhere near the worst resin caster out there (look at some of the Jimmy Flintstone or Reji stuff to see how far ahead of the game you are) so no worries there.

Secondly, I'd think that if I were a resin caster (something I've done before, and worked in tandem with other casters - SJS Details, for instance) and I saw that a COMPETITOR's kit was getting some flak about incorrect shapes and sizing, I'd have a smile on my face about kitting the same subject with better accuracy.

Accuracy complaints are nothing new to modeling. Have you ever seen the flak that model railroaders give their manufacturers?!?! These are guys who'll kvetch about the grab iron location being a scale two inches off on N scale 2-8-2 Mikados!

I do find your "lots of people buy my kits and don't complain, why should you?" stance very off-putting, and that cavalier attitude towards paying customer's criticism has probably lost you a customer here, which is a shame because of your fine catalog.
Old 12-18-2006, 01:58 AM   #41
ED59
AF Newbie

It will be my second last post on AF, but...

First of all, my "cavalier attitude" is merely due to inconsiderate attacks. Try to think if you were at my place.

Secondly, I always heard or answer to critics, any customer who had a problem could agree. And when I can modify something for better, I do.

Nothing to say more, should be too long.
Old 12-18-2006, 10:09 AM   #42
kingkai
AF Regular

C'mon guys give hime a break.
Try building a scratchbuild model. I have... WTH, it is insanly difficuld.
He hasn't got that expensive machinery you guys where talking about.
Well when I got my renaissance dbr-9 I was in heaven, mr. Etienne done a great job with his scratchbuild. (better interrior-parts imo)
If there was still only the renaisssance dbr-9 you would have bought it anyway.
If he came with a 1/24 lister, saleen or pagini GT1 kit, you guys would have bought it yesterday instead of tomorrow...

Don't stop producing 1/24 racing cars mr. Etienne, espacially GT1 cars or the other lemans cars
I got a few renaissance transkits, and they rock. Planning to look for one of the last Nissan R390 longtail transkits
kingkai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 05:29 AM   #43
David Napier
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkai
C'mon guys give hime a break.
Try building a scratchbuild model. I have... WTH, it is insanly difficuld.
He hasn't got that expensive machinery you guys where talking about.
Well when I got my renaissance dbr-9 I was in heaven, mr. Etienne done a great job with his scratchbuild. (better interrior-parts imo)
If there was still only the renaisssance dbr-9 you would have bought it anyway.
If he came with a 1/24 lister, saleen or pagini GT1 kit, you guys would have bought it yesterday instead of tomorrow...

Don't stop producing 1/24 racing cars mr. Etienne, espacially GT1 cars or the other lemans cars
I got a few renaissance transkits, and they rock. Planning to look for one of the last Nissan R390 longtail transkits
Well said, maybe you could do a 1/24 06 Focus or Ford Puma S1600 for us
Etienne, I have done some scratch building, I think your work is very high quality, maybe some people havent experienced bad resin kits, I have and not from this man
David Napier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 07:36 AM   #44
manu80
AF Regular

Going back to the MC12, I've received mine yesterday.Big piece of resin. More PE that i expected, small decals sheet. The interior is like the DBR9, kinda empty but you won't see a lot when closed. The front headlights area is a bit small , yes but the rest is very nice. Even more complicated that I thought (all the mesh area on the back....
really cool kit though.
manu80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 07:46 AM   #45
geronimo77
AutoWeek Magazine Vendor

Send a message via MSN to geronimo77 Send a message via Skype™ to geronimo77

I was really tend to buy this kit, but now I have to consider it
I mean the MC12.
Because I already have the other "subject" the Ren. Aston
geronimo77 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD