Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Audio Do you live in your car? Then you need to be able to listen to some high-quality music.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-04-2002, 06:41 AM   #16
igo4bmx
Banned

Send a message via AIM to igo4bmx
Quote:
Originally posted by ACCORDLVR
no offense to anyone who posted here but it sounds like unqualified b.s. to me. 1st off neon lights which house their own transformer like the 4 -6" ones you have, have a minute amperage draw. ones that small generally consume about .01-.03 volts to run. do the math: your stock overhead (dome) light draws about 6-8 watts, with a peak of 10 watts when it's turned on. that's roughly .7 volts. you won't blow your fuses my man. what you need to do to do this is as follows:

remove your dome light assembly, pop off the plastic cover and there will be 2 small scews. disconnect it from the wiring harness. remove your headliner (so that you can run the wires to the neon) or you can feed the wire through with a home made feeder. mount your neons in the locations you choose and connect all for in parallell. (positive to positive, negative to negative. connect them all to your feed wire in the same manner. once you get done, to connect the feed wire to your overhead light all you have to do is use 2 quick splice connectors to the appropriate wires, use a light tester to find the positive, the other is the negative. do not re-insert the bulb (only because it will look dumb with neons and a bright light) re-assemble your housing and attach the connector and your home grown lighting project is done.

sorry if i sounded like an ass earlier to everyone else, but truth be told...i was just trying to give him the straight scoop.
also if the fuses do blow, just put a higher rated fuse in the fuse box eh?
igo4bmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2002, 04:14 PM   #17
duckhead4life
AF Newbie

Send a message via Yahoo to duckhead4life
thank you, thank you, thank you,. finally someone who lays it down like it should be. i am going to try that out today and see what happens.