Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail Nissans greatest 4WDs and SUVs
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 08:46 AM   #1
pmurphy3304
AF Newbie

Xterra Boost Problem

Hi I am writing this post in hope of some suggestions. I have a 2003
Supercharged xterra it has an AEM air intake on it and a boost gauge. The problem I am having is sometimes it will not boost past 2 pounds. When I press the accelerator all of the way to the floor it feels as if the car is trying to catch up the hole time, the acceleration is very delayed, it has a hard time getting up to 80mph on the highway. When im at a stop light and I go from being stopped to in motion it is the same thing there is no quick accelerating at all it is very slow. I was having this problem before I put the air intake on or the boost gauge. If I turn my car off when it doing this and restart it in about 10 mins the problem is not there some times it comes back while driving. The check engine light is not on and has never been on; there are no DTC in the ECU. When I took it to Nissan they told me that it was probably just bad gas but it’s not that because it’s been doing this for a while. I believe that it is a sensor or something along those lines because it resets every time I turn my car off then on again. If any one has any suggestions pleases let me know this is a very frustrating problem for me so your help would be appreciated.
pmurphy3304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 09:56 PM   #2
sjkp22
AF Newbie

I also have S/C but 04...what kind of gas u putting in? (octane level)
and if its anything above medium one which is the one right above regular, it should be ok. if not...u might want to check ur throttle body...also ur intake might not be fully compatible with X check on that too

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Pathfinder | Terrano | QX4 | Xterra | Patrol | Safari | X-Trail