Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Audio Do you live in your car? Then you need to be able to listen to some high-quality music.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 01:04 AM   #16
ngsm13
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to ngsm13
Re: Re: Re: Opinions On New System

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr20de4evr
xxx components won't be out for quite a while

the mids are available, but in order to use them you're going to need to go active (2 separate amps on the front stage, one on the mids and one on the tweets). Same goes for the adire extremis.
Not necessarily!

I'm getting a pair of Adire Extremis mids, sending them off to Madisound...they are matching them with an Adire Recommended 1" Vifa Textile dome neodymium tweeter and designing custom passive xovers for me then they'll be powered with 250 rms per side

NG
ngsm13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 01:05 AM   #17
sr20de4evr
AF Enthusiast

Re: Opinions On New System

alright, ignoring custom madisound passives, you'd need to go active

'05 Silver WRX STi
Injen SES Downpipe, HKS Carbon-Ti catback, Cobb Stage 2 Tune, TiC Super Shifter, TiC Klunk Killer, Tein springs, Nitto NT555R Drag Radials
sr20de4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 02:44 AM   #18
Powerefx
AF Enthusiast

Link to lpg?
Powerefx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 11:27 AM   #19
bumpinstang77
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to bumpinstang77

Here's what I would do...... First off port them screw going sealed.... but do 8 cubes NET not 10. Also the part where your front stage will be lacking is in deep midbass and near crossover points so IF you wanna use the RE comp set I would get a pair of Koda 8's or something to run between the subs and 6.5's. And DO NOT send the RE component set 150wrms per side because if you do you will no longer have an RE component set. HOWEVER if you cross them over higher you can send a little more then rms since you won't run the risk of damaging the 6.5 in the lower midbass region. As far as how much power.... talk to RE but 100 per side shouldn't be a problem if xed over high.
2 Ascendant Audio Avalanche 18's
13 cuft NET ported box tuned to 27hz
Autotek Mean Machine MX3000.1
Ascendant Audio Arco component set
Orion 275SX (Mids)
PPI Art Series A200 (tweets)
Poly Mids for rear fill to come soon.
bumpinstang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 03:42 PM   #20
Powerefx
AF Enthusiast

Aright well im trying to interwind your guyses opinion to get the best thing i can out of this system. I think im gonna get the xxx 6.5s in the front and lpg tweets (CAN I GET LINK TO LPG PLEASE), powered by two hifonics zx4000 specs are:

2 x 100 Watts @ 4 Ohms
2 x 200 Watts @ 2 Ohms
1 x 400 Watts @ 4 Ohms
Bass remote with blue LED power on & indicator included
Ultra Fi Mosfets
Zeus EXVP
Hifonics Surface mount design
Fully adjustable accu-cross X-overs
PWM mosfet power supply
Line output for amp daisy chaining
Variable Bass EQ
Sub-sonic filter
4 gauge power connectors
Class AB operation
Maxi fuse

Then for the rear doors im gonna go with bumping on the kodas. Build custom fiberglass enclosure for the doors, and should i port these or not. Actaully can i even do this, because mounting depth is 4 inches and not sure if i can properly fit them into the rear doors? If i cant, where else can i put them? Do i need pair of tweets for these too? And what amp(s) should i run them with.

Finally in the rear gonna have the two se15's ported with 8cuft total, running of a hifonics bx1800d amp.

Sound good?
Old 02-21-2005, 04:11 PM   #21
sr20de4evr
AF Enthusiast

lpg
if you get the xxx in the front, you won't need rears

and remember, unless you get custom passives you're going to need an active crossover

'05 Silver WRX STi
Injen SES Downpipe, HKS Carbon-Ti catback, Cobb Stage 2 Tune, TiC Super Shifter, TiC Klunk Killer, Tein springs, Nitto NT555R Drag Radials
Old 02-21-2005, 04:48 PM   #22
Powerefx
AF Enthusiast

Ok couple of questions.

1. What model tweet should i get from lpg?

2. IF i still choose to run the kodas will the quality get any worse? I have no problem spending the extra cash , its mostly for show.

3. Should i run tweeters with the kodas as well?

4. Are the Hifonics zx4000 Amps it talked about above good for the xxx 6.5s and tweets?

5. Can i run the kodas on another zx4000 amp?

6. Can someone recomend a good acitve crossover? And please expalin how it works, liek whut plugs in where and how the whole thing works? Phoenix Gold TX406, is it any good?
Old 02-21-2005, 04:57 PM   #23
sr20de4evr
AF Enthusiast

1 - if you like aggressive/bright tweets then 26NA, if you like more laid back tweets then 25NFA

2 - yes, having full range speakers in the back will drag the soundstage to the rear of the car and create unnecessary cancellation

3 - imo you shouldn't have anything in the rear at all, if you want some for extra midbass then no tweets, if you want a full set for show then yes tweets

4 - should work well

5 - sure

6 - there are a TON, arc, tru, linear power, just about any mainstream brand, audiocontrol, etc. The best one IMO is the Alpine h701, but it's expensive and has a LOT more than just a crossover. You would run rcas from the headunit to the crossover's input, then rcas from the crossover's outputs to the amps. It basically takes the input and splits up the frequencies so the tweets get the highs and the mids get the lows. It does the same thing as the normal passive crossovers that come with component sets, except it works on the input side of the amps instead of the output side, which means it can be used for any mids, any tweets, any crossover point, etc. With passives you can't change anything, if you swap speakers it screws up the crossover point, you can't adjust the crossover point or slope to match your tastes....you can't do anything. With an active setup you can adjust it all, but with added flexibility comes added responsibility. If you don't know what you're doing you can easily destroy your tweets, or you could just end up with a crappy sound. It will take a lot of time to set it up so it sounds right, and I mean a LOT of time. I've probably spent close to 30 hours of dedicated tuning time with my system, plus I'm constantly tuning it as I drive (probably not the best idea). It's definitely not for the person that just wants to plug it in and have it work.

'05 Silver WRX STi
Old 02-21-2005, 06:32 PM   #24
ponchonutty
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Opinions On New System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerefx
Ok couple of questions.

1. What model tweet should i get from lpg?

2. IF i still choose to run the kodas will the quality get any worse? I have no problem spending the extra cash , its mostly for show.

3. Should i run tweeters with the kodas as well?

4. Are the Hifonics zx4000 Amps it talked about above good for the xxx 6.5s and tweets?

5. Can i run the kodas on another zx4000 amp?

6. Can someone recomend a good acitve crossover? And please expalin how it works, liek whut plugs in where and how the whole thing works? Phoenix Gold TX406, is it any good?
Why not just get a nice set of componets and stop trying to guess what you need to do? I like these http://directed.com/audio/speakers/default.asp in componets. If you choose, you can buy just the tweeter but a package deal works so much better. Also, at some shows(if you plan to enter) you get more points if you have a matching system.
Orion C63 Coax rear
DirectedVideo 9" all in one DVD with surround

2007 SATURN OUTLOOK AWD XR with full entertainment package
ponchonutty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 06:51 PM   #25
bumpinstang77
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to bumpinstang77

LOL that compnent set will in no way shape or form come mear keping up with his substage.
2 Ascendant Audio Avalanche 18's
13 cuft NET ported box tuned to 27hz
Autotek Mean Machine MX3000.1
Ascendant Audio Arco component set
Orion 275SX (Mids)
PPI Art Series A200 (tweets)
Poly Mids for rear fill to come soon.
bumpinstang77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 07:16 PM   #26
ngsm13
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Opinions On New System

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponchonutty
Why not just get a nice set of componets and stop trying to guess what you need to do? I like these http://directed.com/audio/speakers/default.asp in componets. If you choose, you can buy just the tweeter but a package deal works so much better. Also, at some shows(if you plan to enter) you get more points if you have a matching system.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpinstang77
LOL that compnent set will in no way shape or form come mear keping up with his substage.
Yeah, quit whoring out you piece of shit products...

NG

PS: In all honesty, this is TOO complicated for a first system...period. You should check out the CDT HD62 components, amp them with 150-300 watts rms per side and call it a day. Hit up aim: djdilliodon
He is an authorized CDT dealer, tell him Noah (ngsm13) sent ya!
Old 02-21-2005, 07:19 PM   #27
sr20de4evr
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Opinions On New System

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngsm13
PS: In all honesty, this is TOO complicated for a first system...period. You should check out the CDT HD62 components, amp them with 150-300 watts rms per side and call it a day.
yeah you might be right

I just hate it when a system is all subs and nothing else, and without an extreme front stage that's probably how this one will end up....just like all the rest.

'05 Silver WRX STi
Old 02-21-2005, 07:28 PM   #28
ngsm13
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: Re: Re: Opinions On New System

Quote:
Originally Posted by sr20de4evr
yeah you might be right

I just hate it when a system is all subs and nothing else, and without an extreme front stage that's probably how this one will end up....just like all the rest.
Those CDT HD's will do the trick, GREAT midbass from those...and you can lay on the power for even more!

NG
Old 02-21-2005, 07:34 PM   #29
CBFryman
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CBFryman Send a message via Yahoo to CBFryman

whut u be takin...directedaudio iz Dshiznit'
lmao

You are making this too complicated. if you really want to go custom IMO Port the Re's or get another RE componet set and build you some kickpanels. the extremisis is a nice midbass woofer.

depending on how you like your music you may not need to do anything. i have REcomponet sets on the way and after i dig into my doors to see how much space i have i will decided wether i will be going sealed or ported. either way an RE componet set with 100w to each side will be masicured by an XXX18 with ~1500w. but i am going to have an EQ that has memory settings. one setting for rock, as in turning down the bass, and one for rap/hiphop/technobass....ie for when i feel like making my rear window move 1" P2P. after i get tired of 100w and 1500w i will be moving up to 2500w and 200w with XXX mid bass drivers. maybe RE will have amps by then and i will have an all RE system except for EQ and head unit (hopefully i will keep the OEM HU)
CBFryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 07:36 PM   #30
CBFryman
Banned

Send a message via AIM to CBFryman Send a message via Yahoo to CBFryman

PS
thoes xovers look cheaper than RE Xovers...

PSS
and now that ive looked at thoes woofers they are worse than i thought. wow 32mm P2P big friggen deal. XXX doubles that.
"Directed Audio, Slams harder than ever"
seems like they are taking the audiobahn/MTX route of advertising.
"Optimized for small sealed enclsoures"
what does that mean children? loose suspension and weak motors
and it wasnt long ago you where getting on my ass about likeing RE?
i want to hear some of this stuff so then i can decide wether or not i can really start bashing it. know anybody in north florida that has some?
CBFryman is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio