Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Engineering/Technical > Forced Induction
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Forced Induction Discuss topics relating to turbochargers, superchargers, and nitrous oxide systems.
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-06-2003, 12:36 PM   #1
cargodzcc
AF Regular

What do u think of electric turbo that works

What if I said that I found an Electric Turbo that actually worked after testing almost all of them out there? What if it actually showed a 25 horsepower increase on a car with over 244,000 miles on it? What if it created 800cfm? What if you had the ability to save on miles per gallon, because unlike the exhaust driven turbos you could shut it off? Keep in mind this is in no means a replacement for an actual exhaust driven turbo, but an economical alternative for those that don't have or don't want to spend the extra money and has an easy install. What If?
Old 12-06-2003, 02:26 PM   #2
KC Ron Carter
AF Enthusiast

Hmm,

I would xitch slap you and tell you to wake up.

100% NFW.

More snake oil than this forum deserves.

That pretty much shows my answer.

Later,

Old 12-06-2003, 07:46 PM   #3
SaabJohan
AF Enthusiast

Re: What do u think of electric turbo that works

Currently I have seen no electric compressors (a turbo is turbine driven) which have a motor which are powerful enough to do what they claim. Actually, the ones I have seen are not even compressors they are fans, and fans are not supposed to be used as a density increaser.

Turbochargers "shut off" themself when they aren't needed, and they will not cause the restriction than an electric driven compressor will.

Currently there are no needs for an electric driven compressor, use the power from the crank instead and a magneto clutch or a set of valves and it will do the job without having a 30% powerloss from the crank to the compressor. Or why not do like Garrett; use an electric motor to help speed up the turbocharger.
Old 12-06-2003, 11:42 PM   #4
454Casull
AF Enthusiast

800cfm? You know how little that is, right?
Old 12-07-2003, 12:33 PM   #5
cargodzcc
AF Regular

Any doubts although 800cfm may not seem like much this unit did actually produce 25.9 more horsepower. Now please keep in mind before you claim that this is BS brought up by some manufacturer that I don't make these things and this test was done on a Mustang Dyno.

Everyone always asks for proof and I have yet to see any other electric turbo/ supercharger make this kind of improvement.
Old 12-07-2003, 01:52 PM   #6
SaabJohan
AF Enthusiast

To do this you will need a boost pressure of at least 0.15 bar while giving 0.17 kg of air per second.

0.15 bar means at least a pressure ratio of 1.15. With an adiabatic efficiency of 70% (in reality probably lower) and an inlet temperature of 293 K the outlet temperature will be 310 K. This will require ((1*310)-(1*273))*0,17 = 6.29 kW, a 8,5 hp motor that is, and this is low calculated. The required power from the alternator would be 6.29/0.85 = 7.4 kW, at 14 Volts that is 528 Amps. A normal car alternator wouldn't be enough to power it and a fully charged "normal" car battery wouldn't last longer than approx 7 minutes.

0.17 kg/s is also only equal to about 400 cfm.

Unless the electric driven compressor had a motor with at least 8.5 hp this can all be desribed in one word; bullshit.
Old 12-07-2003, 02:30 PM   #7
KC Ron Carter
AF Enthusiast

I know FI and that squirrel cage is not FI

I also know a little about Dynos.

Here is a dyno run with FI.

That is a Dynomite Dyno in KC.
Yep, I own it.

http://kcrealtime.com

Never BS a BSer.

Oh, and this is the xitch slap I promised.

Later,

Old 12-07-2003, 04:34 PM   #8
cargodzcc
AF Regular

Say what you will about any theories or physics, but the proof is in the post. Everybodies always saying that they want to see it in black and white, that these things can't do what they claim. This is not some hyped up bilge pump you see on ebay people, somebody developed the real thing, we tested it to make sure that the claims actually stood up and now we are happy to sell them because this thing actually works. People always have doubts and we did too, we tryed those bilge pump things and yes they're junk, same with the -ram device also junk, but when I found out that the company that makes this electric turbo spent 4 years in developing it, it peaked my interest and it works. So take your head out of the books and step into the real world. Dyno Proven Results!!!
Old 12-08-2003, 03:19 PM   #9
454Casull
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by cargodzcc
Say what you will about any theories or physics, but the proof is in the post. Everybodies always saying that they want to see it in black and white, that these things can't do what they claim. This is not some hyped up bilge pump you see on ebay people, somebody developed the real thing, we tested it to make sure that the claims actually stood up and now we are happy to sell them because this thing actually works. People always have doubts and we did too, we tryed those bilge pump things and yes they're junk, same with the -ram device also junk, but when I found out that the company that makes this electric turbo spent 4 years in developing it, it peaked my interest and it works. So take your head out of the books and step into the real world. Dyno Proven Results!!!
Hey bitch, lick my choda.
Old 12-08-2003, 06:08 PM   #10
cargodzcc
AF Regular

Re: Re: What do u think of electric turbo that works

Open forum or not you don't have to be rude, I'm just trying to shed some light on a touchy subject. Now if you want to talk like that, please go do it at your local bar unless your afraid that someone might kick your A*s in, that case go kiss your mother with that mouth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 454Casull
Hey bitch, lick my choda.
Old 12-08-2003, 11:35 PM   #11
street freakz
Banned

its amazing that when you show the proof in a dyno, that people try to come up with this physics stuff. i have the formullas to prove this device. its amazing the defense that people will put up when their proven wrong. the dyno doesn't lie, so you can rattle off all the b.s. you want too, it doesn't matter. the proof is there, deal with it. weve recieved better results with the 4cyl. engines, because they take in less amounts of cfm at wide open throttle. so once again, you wanted the dyno results and you got them. by the way; what was that crayon dyno all about anyways? the one with all the pretty colors.
Old 12-09-2003, 02:24 AM   #12
Sluttypatton
AF Enthusiast

How is the compressor output proportioned to the engines RPM? Turbo's are run by exhaust gasses, superchargers are run by belts, both create boost as a function of engine speed. The result is, higher RPM; more boost. Unless this "fan" is somehow controlled, it will be delivering the same amount of air at idle, as at high RPM. You would think this would create a wierd dyno reading. One would also need to get around the problem of the wierd fuel correction the motor would need.

Anyways, maybe I'm wrong and it does work. If it does...cool, I'm open to any new aftermarket addons.
Last edited by Sluttypatton on 13-54-2098 at 25:75 PM.
Old 12-09-2003, 11:40 AM   #13
street freakz
Banned

the boost is not the priority with these units, they work like a ram air system would but in larger amounts of air. we still can use a bov with these & some people are. the wind speed on a single unit is 185mph. the twin is 370.4mph, and the lpm with the twin is over 44,000. as far as the fuel goes, the gm computers will automatically compensate for the air increases, just ask pro charger about their 4psi supercharger, there are no engine mods required for their system but the foreign applications require a reboot. we give the step by step instructions to do this with the e-turbo. unfortunately with the ford, mazda, & audi systems, their computers will not compensate for these.
Old 12-09-2003, 02:18 PM   #14
SaabJohan
AF Enthusiast

The increase in static pressure, hence air density is what gives the extra power (15% power increase require usually around 15% density increase). Ram-air, centrifugal compressors, roots compressors and so on, they all works by increase the air density. Ram-air, centrifugal- as well as axial flow compressors works by increasing the kinetic energy of the air (by moving of high speed against the air or increase the speed of the air), when the speed of the flow is reduced the kinectic energy translates into a static pressure increase. This will increase the temperature of the air and with a given mass flow it will define the power consumption of a compressor.

Furthermore I haven't seen any proof, I have seen two power graphs without any information about MAP, airflow, intake temperatures or about the dyno itself. "Proof" don't goes against well known physics, and if they do they should have a damn good reason of why.
Old 12-09-2003, 03:12 PM   #15
street freakz
Banned

what part of the cargodz dyno don't you understand???? you can read, right? the info about the time tested, the car milage,type of car, everything is there. i don't care what your numbers say, the dyno doesn't lie. deal with it, you have been proven wrong.