Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > ES300/ES330/Windom
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-29-2003, 11:05 AM   #1
chief21
AF Newbie

1992 Toyota Windom Lexus

I recently purchased a 1992 Toyota Windom Lexus from Japan. It arrived the other day In Grand Cayman. I have no books (can't read japanese anyway) so I have no idea what is what on the vehicle. I have lots of questions and if anyone out there would like to pen pal with me my email address is ppolen20@adelphia.net.
Some questions I have are... I only got one key ... won't open the trunk and the remote switch on the door does not work. Should there be two keys? I have a toggle switch under the dash on left side of colomn and have no idea what it is for. Do I need a special key blank to have a duplicate made..Do they need the chip in it?... where can I get replacement parts for this vehicle.

Thanks for anyones help
chief21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2003, 06:03 PM   #2
Taza
AF Newbie

Re: 1992 Toyota Windom Lexus

I appear to be in the same situation chief21 only I did not recieve a manual when I purchased my windom about a month ago.

If anyone knows of a site as to where i can obtain a manual preferable in english plse, let me know.

Many thanks in advance
Taza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 07:34 AM   #3
Tobaca
AF Newbie

Windom Owners Manual

I'm in the same fix, however I found two sites that claim to sell Windom manuals (in English) online http://www.usedcardiscount.co.uk/Pag...y_manuals.html
here is the other site http://www.car-handbooks.com/Windom.html

Good luck!!

I bought my Windom in Turks and Caicos about a week ago. A quick question, where do I look to get the model year of my Toyota Windom?

Cheers
Tobaca
Tobaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2003, 11:45 PM   #4
camrytuner
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to camrytuner Send a message via MSN to camrytuner Send a message via Yahoo to camrytuner
you can also buy a manual for a Lexus ES300 (US) and get most of your questions answered. It might save some $$$ for you. THe only material differences between the Windom and ES300 is the headlights have no high-beams in the Windom (only fog lights) and the engine has no EGR system built onto it. In some cases, you can get Toyota manuals for a Camry XLE V6 (92-96) and use that since they are both the same car (camry being slightly de-tuned)
camrytuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2003, 06:19 PM   #5
Tobaca
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by camrytuner
you can also buy a manual for a Lexus ES300 (US) and get most of your questions answered. It might save some $$$ for you. THe only material differences between the Windom and ES300 is the headlights have no high-beams in the Windom (only fog lights) and the engine has no EGR system built onto it. In some cases, you can get Toyota manuals for a Camry XLE V6 (92-96) and use that since they are both the same car (camry being slightly de-tuned)
You mentioned the only material differences between the Windom and the ES300. Does this mean that ES300 enging parts, struts and the like will all work on a Windom? My mechanic tells me that the ES300 struts are a little shorter and will cause the Windon to ride lower to the ground. Could this be true?
Old 12-02-2003, 08:02 PM   #6
camrytuner
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to camrytuner Send a message via MSN to camrytuner Send a message via Yahoo to camrytuner

I doubt it because they're built on the same line in the same factory in Toyota City, Japan. It would be one thing if he was saying you can't interchange camry and ES struts mainly because Camries 4cyl don't necessarily line up with Camry v6 drive shafts, but between ES and Windom, which is the exact same car, I don't think that's right.
Old 12-03-2003, 12:49 PM   #7
Tobaca
AF Newbie

Camrytuner I am inclined to agree with you. This will make it much easier when ordering parts. I can get them from the USA as opposed to Japan. I'm in the Turks and Caicos Islands. One further question, what is that box under the front passenger seat. It appears to house some electronic component. I can see a wire connector going to it.
Old 12-08-2003, 02:04 AM   #8
camrytuner
AF Newbie

I would guess that it is your ecu, since most of the US Camry/ES300 have theirs located on the passenger side of the car.