Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mercedes-Benz > C-Class
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-20-2005, 04:35 PM   #1
musdaking
AF Newbie

C230 1999 - Shaking while stopped

My car had minor shakes before, those shakes have become more heavier, it happens when car is stopped a light or in park, also the car does not drive up to its normal power?? I have new brakes, changed air filter... used fuel injector cleaners... any suggestions???
musdaking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2005, 09:51 PM   #2
talonlover
AF Regular

I would think from what you are describing a broke motor mount or something of the like, but since you mentioned the lack of power I almost think the shaking is related to a poor running engine or a dead cylinder. Does your check engine light work? I'm going to throw out just as a shot in the dark that one of your coil packs is bad. You really need a first person diagnosis on something like you are describing because without driving the car and actually expierencing first hand the problem, all I can do is guess. If your check engine light is on take it to a good service shop, if not make sure the light is actually working(it should light for a few seconds up on start up).
Old 02-13-2006, 11:59 PM   #3
hollyannev
AF Newbie

Re: C230 1999 - Shaking while stopped

I have the same problem with my 1999 C230... I've actually had it since I purchased it... took it into the dealer, they claim nothing is wrong with it, and everything is fine... 62,000 miles later, the engine has never stalled or anything... A friend has a 1996 C220, same thing with theirs as well... perhaps it's a trait with the engine??
hollyannev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 11:16 AM   #4
Tony Silva
AF Regular

Re: C230 1999 - Shaking while stopped

EGR valve needs to be cleaned or replaced..................My '96 4 cylinder C series did the same thing. At idle with transmission in "Park" it was a little shaky, at idle with the transmission in "Drive" it was really bad. Passed California emissions last year with the smog technician having to hold the throttle just above IDLE for the low rpm's portion of the test. Smog tech told me the EGR valve probably has carbon build up or the valve surface's aren't sealing completely at idle. So, I pulled the egr valve off cleaned it and noticed a groove in the sealing surfaces of the valve faces. I replaced the valve and all is good now.
Tony Silva is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mercedes-Benz > C-Class