Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars) The original Z cars - ones that started it all.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 10:42 AM   #16
stephenp
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to stephenp
Re: head gasket !

i have a head , head gasket , warping, blowing question . Does anyone know if a head can warp and cause the head gasket to pop second?
The reason i ask is i have an 84 50th that i hope that i blew the head gasket and not warped the head. the work is almost done (ie i am waiting for fuel injector pigtails to come in to make sure all connmections in all the top half of the motor) all seals , minus valve guide seals, have been replaced, i was driving under full boost for a good 2 minute hard driving run and afterwards i pulled into the gas station. me and a few of my buddies shot the sheet for a minute (hes got a camaro and the other had a 94? ceLICA both a joke) but any way my car idled the whole 3 minutes we sat therte sounded as it always did then we left and hit the highway i was in last until about 200 ft down the highway and i noticed an odd chug under full boost. so i let of and got off the next exit , approx 1\4 mile from the on ramp went to the nearest gas staion approx 2 miles limping it there inhopes no damage would occur.. sat for about 10 minutes and heard some sirens i figured instead of waiting to see what the wanted we all took off i limped it home ,approx 8 miles and it ran almost normal until i depressed the pedal and it chugghed (breif 3 sec depression if that) anyway

only question can a head warp without a blown gasket]

reason being if it did and it wasnt before i drove it after the blown gasket ill feel stupid for no calling the tow and sopending the 50 you know
stephenp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 05:34 PM   #17
pbshadowkiller
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to pbshadowkiller

hey before you do anything call or check these guys out saw this in the paper today have no idea if it works or not but it would be a hell of a lot cheaper. rxauto.com or 18005674077
pbshadowkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 05:52 PM   #18
Bdetore
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: head gasket !

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenp
i have a head , head gasket , warping, blowing question . Does anyone know if a head can warp and cause the head gasket to pop second?
Absolutely. That can be the cause of a head gasket failure. Either way,... you're replacing a head gasket. Head gasket goes out you're probably re-doing the decks. It's not really an either/or question. It's both. If you're lucky, it's just the gasket and the head isn't warped. That causes more trouble in the resurfacing process, but either way,... there's a lot of work to do.
Bdetore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 05:52 PM   #19
rendertrust
AF Enthusiast

hmm is this saying that i will just have to add this liquid to my engine and follow instructions and not have to change gaskets ? that would be great woohoo !!! of course you have to drain coolant but thats ok since all my coolant has already drained and evaporated woo hoo! i doubt it will work i mean how can a liquid create such a bond to handle the pressure due to the compression within the chamber of the cylinders
rendertrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 05:58 PM   #20
Bdetore
AF Enthusiast

Re: Re: head gasket !

Quote:
Originally Posted by rendertrust
hmm is this saying that i will just have to add this liquid to my oil and not have to change gaskets ? that would be great woohoo !!!
Snake oil never works guys. Do it right. The shit for your radiator doesn't work either, nor the tranny stuff, or the power steering stuff,....
Bdetore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 09:01 PM   #21
pbshadowkiller
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to pbshadowkiller

well its up to you have fun
pbshadowkiller is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > 240Z | 260Z| 280Z | 300ZX (Past Z Cars)