Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Accord/TSX/Accord Hybrid
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-27-2001, 09:18 AM   #1
Henweee
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Henweee
Disappointment on my Pulley Set

Hi there, <Sigh> Recently i bought a set of AEM pulley set and i wanted to install it yesterday. But once i got to the shop and asked to put them on, the owner of the shop gave me all cons about it. He said putting them on takes 3 hours and that cost, then it will slow down your car which you can only turn on one electronic thing, i.e you can turn on the ac or heat but can't turn on the radio or vice versa, and some how your car will shake... So is this somehow true???? But there only one pros about it... It will only add 2-3 hp to your car....Please reply back to me... i'm very curious... Thanks...

HeN
Old 11-01-2001, 03:51 PM   #2
Verse914
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Verse914
i have the Unorthodox racing 3 pullet set(better). I noticed alot better throttle response. UR pulleys will give you more hp too. ive had them for about 2 years now with no problems at all. When i had my stereo turned all the way up at idle, my lights would dim alot, so i got a capacitor and the lights barely dim. My car doesnt shake and I can have the ac and radio on at the same time. Im running a 1000cca battery.

*92 Accord* -AEM CAI- -DC Header- -Thermal Cat Back- -High Flow Cat- -Unorthodox Pullies- -Zex Kit(65 Shot)- -Skunk2 Cam Gear- -ST Sway Bars- -Neuspeed Race Springs w/ Tokico Blues- -16" Konig Monsoons w/ Kumho Tires- -Custom Grill- -Front & Rear Upper Tower Bars- -Red/Clear Tails- http://www.Verse914.com
AIM: Verse2001...Updated 8.25.05...
Verse914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2001, 04:02 PM   #3
G-Forces
Banned

I think AEM is a pretty respected company. I doubt they would sell you something to turn your car into crap. It sounds like you went to some old school shop that works alot in muscle cars. I'd go somewhere else to have them installed. Look for an import garage somewhere in your area with experience in Honda.
G-Forces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2001, 09:47 AM   #4
Henweee
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Henweee
thanks dude... still kind of paranoid tho...
Old 11-04-2001, 07:40 PM   #5
GOD
Banned

Send a message via AIM to GOD
My friend has the aem pulleys on his SI for about a yr now and everything seems to work perfectly fine i really wouldnt sweat it . The Unorthodox pulleys would be what i would be worried about from what i have heard about them yes its more power but its i've heard its not exactly the best thing for your altonator ...yes i misspelled that but i dont care
GOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2001, 07:49 PM   #6
super 96 accord
AF Enthusiast

I have the AEM ones on my 96 Accord LX and they work fine. I have a huge stereo which my installer said I might notice a little bump in but I haven't. When I turn on the A/C in the summer, I can hardly notice it like before I added them. I used to think AEM only made top-notch stuff but I am finding out different the more I talk to people. Oh, also, when my installer installed them, he had to grind down one of the screws or something because it was too long and rubbed against something else. Some installers dont' want to mess with installing them because if they drop the hoses they're screwed. I only paid $60 to have mine thrown in. I say go ahead and have em put in if you already have them. That's total BS about only using one thing at a time.
super 96 accord is offline   Reply With Quote