Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Accord/TSX/Accord Hybrid
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-25-2001, 09:13 PM   #1
ShaDoWxKiD
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to ShaDoWxKiD
converting

Hey..I was wondering....I have an Accord 95 4 dr..and i was planning to swap engin to an Prelude type SH stick...and my accord is auto..so How much would you think it would cost? to Convert and Swap Engines?

ShaDoWxKiD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2001, 09:27 PM   #2
Cavallino
AF Enthusiast

The prelude engine itself should run between about 3 thousand and 4500. That'll come with the tranny and ecu's and all that stuff, but im not sure about the mounting kit or how much it'll cost to install.
Cavallino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2001, 10:03 AM   #3
DVSNCYNIKL
R.I.P. DAD 3/25/11

Send a message via ICQ to DVSNCYNIKL Send a message via AIM to DVSNCYNIKL Send a message via Yahoo to DVSNCYNIKL
Why don't you just try and find one that has the V-TEC in already and stick. I mean, do what you will but, I see a lot of peeps with 4th gens like myself doing that swap. They don't have those types of engines for our cars. But for 5th gen and up, you have them. It's just a matter of finding them. But if you don't want to get rid of the car, then you will just do a lot of searching only because I don't believe that the lude engine would fit or be feasible for the 5th gen. I'm not sure of this though.
Old 09-26-2001, 08:48 PM   #4
ShaDoWxKiD
AF Newbie

I want the body thats why i dont want to buy another car. I just want the Accord body and the Preludes Engine. Thats it.
Old 09-28-2001, 01:41 AM   #5
JD@af
Missing in action

Send a message via ICQ to JD@af Send a message via AIM to JD@af
DAMN!! I used to have this great guide to Honda engine swapping, which engines bolt right into which cars, which need mounting kits, and which require major engine bay clearing and greater chassis mods to make the engines fit right.. but I can't find it! Sorry. However, I am pretty sure that a VTEC H22A should be able to "bolt right in" to a 1995 Accord. But don't be fooled by the term "bolt right in." It will still require a lot of work, especially to convert from automatic to manual transmissions. I've always heard that the F/H series swaps require a good deal more work than D/B series swaps. Anyway, all inclusive, I wouldn't pay any more than $6K to $6,500 (contingency estimate). And finding this for less than $5K (again, complete swap plus labor for the install) would be quite a deal.
JD@af is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2001, 02:42 AM   #6
JD@af
Missing in action

Send a message via ICQ to JD@af Send a message via AIM to JD@af
Hey I located my swapping guide. The H22A does bolt in with stock engine mounts etc. To that end, you're golden.
JD@af is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2001, 01:53 AM   #7
ShaDoWxKiD
AF Newbie

so you think it would cost about $6000 to $6,500 to convert and swap? hmm... where can i get the Prelude Type SH Manual engine From?
Old 09-29-2001, 08:51 PM   #8
ShaDoWxKiD
AF Newbie

About the Prelude Type SH i wanted to get the year 2001. Will it change the priceing?
Old 10-01-2001, 07:15 PM   #9
gang$tarr
AF Fanatic

there's a guy with a totally modded 2000 accord coupe, that i always see.... and i know that those don't have a manual option. but everybody says that the guy changed it to stick.... how much would somethin like that cost?
"Your ice don't shine an your chain hollow/ why you front in clubs for hours wit tha same bottle/ takin midget sips/ I run wit the richest clicks/ Tap the thickest chicks/ plus drop the slickest hits/ you know nothin about L/ so don't doubt L/ what's this muthafuckin rap game wit out L/ Yo that's like jewels wit out ice/ that's like china wit out rice/ or the holy bible wit out christ/ tha bulls wit out mike/ crack heads wit out pipes/ or hockey games wit out fights/ don't touch the mic if you aint able to spit/ flamboyant is tha label i'm wit.. muthafucka.... Big L"
gang$tarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2001, 09:59 AM   #10
DVSNCYNIKL
R.I.P. DAD 3/25/11

Send a message via ICQ to DVSNCYNIKL Send a message via AIM to DVSNCYNIKL Send a message via Yahoo to DVSNCYNIKL
The cost is relative to where you go and have the work done. There is no set price. You figure it will average more than $2000. How much more will depend on what needs to be done, and how much they are willing to do it for.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Accord/TSX/Accord Hybrid