Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Neon | Plymouth Neon
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-09-2002, 08:01 PM   #1
CAR11
AF Newbie

Srt-4

Dodge is coming out with the new Dodge SRT-4 and it looks really good. Im thinking of getting it. It is cheap and its a good car. What do you think about the car?
Old 03-30-2003, 08:50 PM   #2
dropmech
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to dropmech
Got one. Love it. With the money left over, I'm gonna make it faster than the WRX.
Old 04-02-2003, 07:07 AM   #3
450HPviper
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Got one. Love it. With the money left over, I'm gonna make it faster than the WRX.
Shouldn't take much.
Old 04-05-2003, 03:45 PM   #4
Mallet
Banned

prices betweeen the Srt4 and Wrx have fallen to an out the oo diferec of about 2k.. and you do not get Awd.. the Srt4 is notfasterthan a Wrx.. sorry thats a fact.. trap spped is hinedred by the Awd system.. not hp..

5-6 years ago neaon r/t were the scca rage and turbo were madee for them and all.. .. tel me were are they now.. i don't see any hi po Neon r/t ant more ( quality). the Wrx will lower its price due to the introductin of the STI and the WRX as it is is a World raly champion car.. the noen is anothwer in a vain attemp to capitlize on it hpp.. quality engineering and most of all lasting without breakng down.. becaus you will mod it and the waarrantte wiill be viod.. and as my good friend spyk has told me countless times.. he's drive both and in heat sensitive areas.. the Srt4 bleeds mor hp and accelaration than does the Wrx i just wonder if you took the muffler off the Wrx wht the difference would be since the Srt4 doesn't have mufflers

remeber its still a neon.. girls car smily face.. ad they don''t look good they look like rice all the way !
Mallet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2003, 06:41 PM   #5
IntakeMan
AF Regular

I have seen all sorts of neons take down WRXs, and it wouldnt take much more than plugs and wires to make a SRT do it also.
IntakeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2003, 06:44 PM   #6
IntakeMan
AF Regular

One more thing, all wheel drive isn't all you think it is, great on the dirt and snow, but on dry pavement, theres not much of a difference.
Old 04-05-2003, 08:39 PM   #7
Mallet
Banned

rEALY INTAKE MAN.. SO THOSE AWD DSM HAD NO ADVANTAGEOVER HIGHER HP'EDCARS.. TRY UMPING ALL FOUR WHEELS AT 4 K AND NOT HAVING HEM SPIIN AND SINKING BACK INTO A 5.4 SECOND 0-60 THATS lt1 TERRITORY 0-60

HAVEYOU DRIVEN A sRT 4 ..MORE THAN ONE LIKE 5 OR SIX..THEN SHUT YOUR TRAP.. BECAUSE WHEN ITS HOT OUT THE SRT4 TUBO BLEED HP FAR MORE THAN THE wRX AD THE wRX HAS THE NATUTRAL 0-600 WN.. ALLTHE TIME.. SO GO AND DO OME THERMODYNAMIC CALCULATIONS..AND GET BAC TO ME AT 85 DEGRRE'S LIKE THAT IN SO FLORIDA THEY AREN'T EVEN CLOSE TO scc TIMES..AND THATS A FACT A REAL LIFE ONE.. STOP HAVING YOUR NEON FRIENDS RACE FROM A ROLL.. THEY SOUND LIKE THE sUPRA GUYS WANTING TO RACE FORM A 30MPH ROLL BECAUSE IF THEY DON'T A mUSTANG WILL SPIT THEM OUT WITH THE LED IT GETS IN THAT FIRST LITTLE PERIOD OF TIME.. GET REAL..
bUDDY I HAVESOME FAST ASHELL CARS THAT HANDLE AND SRTOP AS WELL AS THEY ACCERATE . I KNOW MY SHIT .. I STUDIED MECHANICA ENGINEERING.. .. THEORY AND PAPERS MEAN NOTHNG REAL WORLD TEST IN REALWORLD SITUATION COUNT.. AND THE sR 4 ALTHOUGH YOU CAN SEE I'MMAINLY A DOMESTIC.FORCED INDUCTION KINDA GUY.. IS NOT THE CAR I'D CHOOSE..THE sPEC VWITH THE PROPE MODS IS CAPABLE FOR LESS MONEY TO PRESENT BIG PROBLEMS FOR SOME BIG NAME CARS... wAIT TILL NISMO OPENS THE FLOODGATES.. NISSAN WILL RULE THE IMPORT SCENE ONCE AGAIN
Mallet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2003, 08:52 PM   #8
maxspeedhonda
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to maxspeedhonda Send a message via Yahoo to maxspeedhonda
I have to but in on this one. My girl drives a plain old 2002 dodge neon, and from my experience with that car, I would never buy one. My car is turbocharged also (have already taken down a couple of srt 4's) and anyone that has a turbo car knows it mean tons of maitenance. So now I think, a 2002 neon with under 8000 miles has already defected a few parts, so what's going to happen to one that's turbocharged. I don't really care for the look of the neon either. With 20 grand, you could go out and buy a better car, swap the motor, turbo and make it alot faster than the srt 4.
maxspeedhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2003, 08:55 PM   #9
maxspeedhonda
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to maxspeedhonda Send a message via Yahoo to maxspeedhonda
Oh and as far as the whole AWD thing, are you mad!! I see basically stocks DSM jump trans ams and camaros off the line like they are not moving. I wish that honda made a awd car other than the heavy ass prelude.
Old 04-05-2003, 10:48 PM   #10
IntakeMan
AF Regular

listen to you talk about real world experience and then throw out all your fancy automotive engineering crap. Thats all well and good but like you said yourself, real world experience means a lot more than paper, and i'm not arguing with you, a lot of what you said is true, but i know what i have seen and what i have done. About my friends racing from a roll, you dont know jack, none of them were racing from a roll, and none of them were my friends. And the hot weather crap, i live in minnesota so for the most part its not a huge problem for me. For MYSELF, 3 or 4 thousand dollars is a lot of money and i would buy a srt-4 before i bought a wrx, Its my opinion.
Old 04-06-2003, 12:54 PM   #11
flylwsi
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to flylwsi
Quote:
the Srt4 is notfasterthan a Wrx.. sorry thats a fact.. trap spped is hinedred by the Awd system.. not hp..
really?

is that a fact?

not faster?

that's why it runs 14.2 in the quarter compared to 14.5ish?

right.

you're really against this car aren't you?

what exactly got lodged up your ass sideways to make you so angry?

oh, and if trap speed is hindered by the awd system not hp, what hinders hp...
the awd.

how would hp hinder trap speed my friend?
flylwsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2003, 12:55 PM   #12
flylwsi
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to flylwsi
Quote:
I wish that honda made a awd car other than the heavy ass prelude.

did i sleep through something?

when was the prelude awd?

it only had aws (all wheel steering)
flylwsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2003, 11:26 AM   #13
dropmech
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to dropmech
MAXSPEEDHONDA,
You mentioned that your girlfriend's neon has mechanical trouble after two years. I don't doubt that, but, the engine and drivetrain are totally different in the srt4 than in the neon. It's basically two different cars but under the same body. The engine and powertrain are more closley related to the PTCruiser.
Old 04-12-2003, 05:55 PM   #14
maxspeedhonda
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by dropmech
MAXSPEEDHONDA,
You mentioned that your girlfriend's neon has mechanical trouble after two years. I don't doubt that, but, the engine and drivetrain are totally different in the srt4 than in the neon. It's basically two different cars but under the same body. The engine and powertrain are more closley related to the PTCruiser.
God I would hope so, but even then I think back when my car was stock motored and I never had any sort of mechanical problem for a year beating the shit out of it until I decided to go N2O. Then it only lasted 2 months longer, but that was just my stupidity knowing I was doing a swap anyhow. I guess time will tell with the srt4, I mean I just have my doubts mainly due to the price tag. I can just think of alot of better ways to spend 20g's on a car. Of course, it just like i always say:

Let people drive what they wan't to, and do what they want to their cars. Its just a matter of personal taste.
Old 04-12-2003, 06:50 PM   #15
DeViL
AF Enthusiast

Dude Mallet, Spyk, whatever you want to call yourself, there was a video on this forum of a SRT-4 beating a WRX on the highway, it is faster and the guy in the WRX admitted it. He didn't take it so hard, so why are you?

Seriously someone ban this asshole again.
DeViL is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Neon | Plymouth Neon