Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorsports
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
WIP - Motorsports Post topics for any "Work In Process" motorsports vehicles in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 07:57 PM   #106
250 Testa Rossa
AF Regular

Re: '58 Ferrari Testa Rossa #22 Hiro/MFH

Thanks for backing me up, Porschnatic. How is the Alfa coming out ?
250 Testa Rossa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 05:12 PM   #107
CrateCruncher
AF Enthusiast

I'm on the last lap of this race and it's going to be a squeaker of a finish. I love final assembly. It's that point where you get to bring all the little sub-assemblies out and attach them to the car. Here's where I am on the body:

I couldn't get the photo-etch hood screen to fit well so I made a new one. The headligh liners are made from coke can aluminum. That drivers door interior paint looks a little rough! I was going to give it another pass but decided it looked kinda cool the way it is. Driving lights have tape added just like at the race. Notice one light has a strip missing. It must have peeled off pretty early because every photo of the car shows it missing. I hope to have the chassis and body screwed together tonight. That leaves windshield and exhausts for tomorrow and it's done!
CrateCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 10:46 PM   #108
Porsnatic
AF Enthusiast

you are welcome 250 Testa Rossa, which Alfa? The Tipo 33? If is that one, I stoped because I was rushing it in order to take it to the GSL and it wasn't being well and since it's an expensive kit I didn't want to ruin it. I finished another one, a Guilia. It's here:

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...d.php?t=947389

Also, I already finished a Tamiya Porsche Boxster that being beatifull. I will post some pictures soon. After that, will arrive a big project for me,a Revell Aston Martin DB4 with al the corrections. I have already lotsssss of pictures and goodies to start to play with. I had take my time geting the correct paint with the color Aston Martin UK sent me. That's the reason I had enter this Testarossa thread so much, to check the Derrington gwheel
I will mess it if it wasn't for your thread, because, I would use the Renaissance one, which looks like a little bit, but it's totally incorrect. I will have to try to control myself on that one, because, in that Aston the center piece it's semi-gloss black and I will not enjoy the beautifull chrome look as in your

Keep an eye on it as I'm following yours, I've been tempted to build one...a great one indeed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 250 Testa Rossa View Post
Thanks for backing me up, Porschnatic. How is the Alfa coming out ?
Porsnatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 02:22 AM   #109
tony126c2
AF Regular

Quote:
I love final assembly
That is the real moment! I can feel the thrill
tony126c2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 08:46 AM   #110
250 Testa Rossa
AF Regular

The Tipo 33. I would love to see it when it's done.
Old 09-25-2009, 11:38 AM   #111
Porsnatic
AF Enthusiast

OK, for that one I think will have to wait around 4-5 months more
But I'm preety sure you will love the Aston Martin...first pictures..next week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 250 Testa Rossa View Post
The Tipo 33. I would love to see it when it's done.
Old 09-25-2009, 11:56 AM   #112
CrateCruncher
AF Enthusiast

Here's the last pic of the engine before frame fold:

I got just about everything in there I wanted. The armor cable was twisted up by hand from some aluminum 32 gage. It took forever but I'm happy with the result. The front water lines are solder and heat shrink. I replaced the tie rods with brass though once the body goes on no one will see it.

250 Testa Rosa: If you'd like to chit-chat with other people about subjects unrelated to the thread there is a feature called PRIVATE MESSAGE. Please learn to use it. Some people check a WIP thread every time there is a new post and it is rude to waste members time like that.
Old 09-25-2009, 01:40 PM   #113
tony126c2
AF Regular

Mike the engine and all its connections are a real gem! Weathering is well done too. Are considering to weather the disc brakes a little ?
Old 09-25-2009, 08:36 PM   #114
Porsnatic
AF Enthusiast

Sorry if I bother you so much, I didn't know you will take this so personnal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrateCruncher View Post
Here's the last pic of the engine before frame fold:

I got just about everything in there I wanted. The armor cable was twisted up by hand from some aluminum 32 gage. It took forever but I'm happy with the result. The front water lines are solder and heat shrink. I replaced the tie rods with brass though once the body goes on no one will see it.

250 Testa Rosa: If you'd like to chit-chat with other people about subjects unrelated to the thread there is a feature called PRIVATE MESSAGE. Please learn to use it. Some people check a WIP thread every time there is a new post and it is rude to waste members time like that.
Old 09-25-2009, 09:01 PM   #115
CrateCruncher
AF Enthusiast

Getting close. I still need to do the windshield and headlight covers and a few odds and ends.

Ton, I put a bit of wash on the drums initially but took it off. It just looked untidy. I generally don't do a lot of suspension detail prefering to focus on carbs and steering wheels. This car has such incredible seats I spent a lot of time on those too. Before I start I mentally assign a visibility score to every part of the project and alot my time in proportion.

This car has been a big challenge but I've loved every moment.
Old 09-26-2009, 02:12 AM   #116
tony126c2
AF Regular

Wow ....she is a real beauty! Be careful with the windshield and the covers ! Love to see the final pictures!
Old 09-27-2009, 12:45 PM   #117
tuned.by.twenty
AF Vendor-TBT's Owner

Wow, this really is getting close!
tuned.by.twenty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 10:28 PM   #118
CrateCruncher
AF Enthusiast

My deadline was Saturday the 26th so I could show this car at our local IPMS show. Friday night about 11:00 I was exhausted and realized it wasn't going to happen. If I had just one more day I might have been able to pull it off. In any event, I'm kinda glad I have more time now so I can do my best. More to come....
Old 09-28-2009, 12:20 AM   #119
250 Testa Rossa
AF Regular

This model is gonna look good when it's done. I can already see it completed. Good Job CrateCruncher. If you want a real head-turner, get a Hasegawa TR, both a correct RHD conversion and engine from Historic Racing Miniatures, MFH Borranis, and a steering wheel from Renaissance.
Old 09-28-2009, 02:25 AM   #120
tony126c2
AF Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrateCruncher View Post
My deadline was Saturday the 26th so I could show this car at our local IPMS show. Friday night about 11:00 I was exhausted and realized it wasn't going to happen. If I had just one more day I might have been able to pull it off. In any event, I'm kinda glad I have more time now so I can do my best. More to come....
Next show is yours Mike Under the conditions you described you probably would have ruined it.

Quote:
If you want a real head-turner, get a Hasegawa TR, both a correct RHD conversion and engine from Historic Racing Miniatures, MFH Borranis, and a steering wheel from Renaissance.
IMO this is a real head turner, done with a great expertise and craftsmanship. But I assume the "real head turner" setup you mention is the one you cannot show us because you canīt upload pictures:sarcasm1:

Last edited by tony126c2; 09-28-2009 at 06:07 AM.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorsports