Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Tacoma
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 10:28 AM   #1
zosimov
AF Newbie

Air intake or Exhaust

I'm looking for a few performance mods before I put a 3 inch lift on my taco. Anyone have any experience with what works best? I'm looking at the airiad intake system first.
zosimov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 11:48 PM   #2
OBATDDSD
AF Regular

Re: Air intake or Exhaust

Air intake is the cheapest. Do the deck mod with an amsoil airfilter. Its cheaper then cold air intake and works a bit better.
OBATDDSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 07:18 AM   #3
kupe702
AF Newbie

Re: Air intake or Exhaust

i got a 99 taco v-6 and and got nice results installing a high flow straight pipe intake from injen technologies(better mpg,power,less hesitation plus gave the engine a cool sound when on the gas)$160, then just get a basic cone filter from autozone or pepboys you can get for 10-15 bucks, ifound out the hard way that k&n was a waste of money and caused more problems they like 60-75 bucks and the cleaning kit was another 25 on top of that when i did clean it following instructions to the tee the oil provided that they say to saturate the filter ended up going into my intake ruining the mass air flow sensor which is a coupl of hundred bucks, the cheap one i bought performed just as well and is a dry type filter element, the k&n which requires to hve oil for it to work just became a dust collector caking worse and worse , i also installed a flowmaster exhaust and got improved mpg and engine performance and gave it a nice rumble exspecially when you get on it, next i want headers and a high flow catalyic converter, edelbrock and downey are a couple that carry those, heard and read alot of good things , don't waste money on those computer chips i read into them and found they give slight results and only at certain rpms 4200-redline.
kupe702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 02:22 PM   #4
myronf
AF Newbie

I would advise using another brand other than airaid. They did not respond to me when I encountered problems with their throttle body kit. I would assume that the same would apply to the other products such as the air intake.

I have no regrets purchasing the Gibson cat back stainless exhaust for my 2004 Tacoma. You will have to cut the exhaust pipe after the converter with the Gibson product. On the positive side, you will not have to disturb the O2 sensor. I have heard that at least one person had problems after switching the sensor over to the after market exhaust. The sensor may have been contaminated or damaged during the swap. Unlike airaid Gibson does respond to problems with their products.
myronf is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Toyota > Tacoma