Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Thunderbird
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-22-2004, 11:26 PM   #16
lightin rod
AF Regular

Send a message via MSN to lightin rod
Re: cheap mods

ok my car has 3.73 gears we have checked that already and besides according to the chiltons book the 8.8 rear end was not limited slip which it is and it is stamped in big numbers 8.8 on my rear axle. and i have not had good luck in the past with k&n filters i personally dont like them but thats ur opinion and i respect that but i dont like them. and the 4.6L has o2 sensors after the cats to meter how they are workin and if u cut them out it will trip a code and light so have to have them i guess. I thought bout high flow ones anybody ever used them? and is it a pain to run true duals under the 94 LX or is it easier to run the smaller pipes offf the cats into a larger pipe like 3.5" the run it to the rear of the car and split back into the smaller 2.5" pipe then into mufflers and out the rear. what series of flowmaster sounds good but not to loud the one of the city cops is a major dickhead bout thatthanks in advance for your opinions
lightin rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 12:57 AM   #17
Scott Long
AF Newbie

On a 94 you can run duals all the way back but the pipes have to almost touch each other till you get back past the gas tank, then they can angle off to each side. You'd be oke going to a 3" center and then Y off to 2.5" on the sides.

The pre-94 models w/ SC or V8 had a trac-lok from the factory. The 94+ had traction control and an open differential for the automatic cars. Only the 5-speed SC got the trac-lok in the newer style cars. If you have 3.73's then maybe someone put in a trac-lok unit from an older bird. Brake torque it and see if you leave dual stripes or one.

I know my trac-lok works good.

And K&N filters are proven to work great if you don't oil the shit out of them and get it all over your MAF sensors wire.

Oh yeah, get high flow cats, and 2 40 series flowmasters and it'll sound sweet.
Scott Long is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 07:41 PM   #18
Franky-5-Fingaz
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Franky-5-Fingaz

whoa Scott that ride is very slick, very smooth. Alot of people hate on the 4.6's but there not a bad car, i've found many many mods for that platform and i'm not complaining. Ya if i could i'd have my 4.6 & a SC cause who doesn't love a supercharged car? But i guarantee if i put a supercharger in this bad boy... bye bye haters.

PeAce
FW
a.k.a
Franky-5-Fingaz
Franky-5-Fingaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 08:26 PM   #19
wilson_Del_Sol
AF Newbie

yes his car leaves dual marks, very nice ones too. we have even had one wheel on gravel and one on pavement and both tired spun. oh yah i am a good friend of his.

edited for spelling
wilson_Del_Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 10:53 PM   #20
lightin rod
AF Regular

Send a message via MSN to lightin rod

my car dosent have traction control but it does have trac-lok i am almost positive the guy that had the car before modded the rear end along with the transmission ill have to post a pic of the holes i dug with my car sumtime my trac-lok works nicely.
lightin rod is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Thunderbird