Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Nissan > Frontier | Navara
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-01-2003, 01:36 PM   #1
novadk
AF Newbie

Im New and need some help.

Ok I bought my frontier 2.4 a week ago and for some reason it didnt come with a tach? Anyways i was trying to put in my Auto Gauge tach and ran into a few problems I got all the power, lights and ground working properly but not sure where to put the wire for engine rpm's? It says to the negative on the coil but im not seeing a coil period, I checked the hayns and what I thought was the right wire aparantly wasent. And to top it off I didnt plug in the harness that I was checking for negative and the enigne wouldent start, then I plugged it back in started but now get a check engine light. I tried disconnecting the battery but only for like maybe 5 mins top and the engine light was still on? Do i need to get a scan tool and clear my codes or what? any help would be great thanks guys!

The system I built saturday few imperfections but I dont mind http://anti-rice.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14542
novadk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2003, 06:22 PM   #2
novadk
AF Newbie

A pic might help?

Old 09-05-2003, 08:56 PM   #3
novadk
AF Newbie

ok it seams every nissan site I go to caint help with a tach on a 2.4 frontier? the hayns schamatic shows a tach wire(pink and blue) on it. Does the ecu still have the tach wire on the non-tach truck? Does anybody know anything about the trucks other than what wheels look good and stupid little crap?