Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Hyundai > Tiburon | Tuscani > General Topics
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 04:00 PM   #1
rachel7
AF Newbie

08 Tiburon Shuts Off While Driving

I just bought this car 2 years ago with 14,000 miles on it. The entire car will jolt and then kick back on as if I just started the car again...my speedometer and all the lights flash like it just turned itself on. Now it's started not wanting to start at all. This has only happened twice so far, but when I insert the key it will beep as if the battery is working, but won't turn over. After waiting a few minutes it starts. Frequently my radio will cut out, usually when I do something like press the brakes, mess with a window, turn on a blinker, or flip on my headlights, but it also will do it randomly. Another thing that it does is sometimes not register when I'm pressing the lock button on my key. I'll press it several times and then the alarm sounds on the car. Does anyone have any idea what this is? Hyundai has been completely unhelpful; I've taken it there about 5 times so far and they keep saying they "can't get it to do it". I figure next time I go there I'll mention I'm going to start having to contact my attorney because this car is not safe for me and for the people around me. I could get seriously hurt or hurt someone if the car suddenly decides to completely shut off on me while I'm driving.
rachel7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:06 AM   #2
speeddemonGtV6
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to speeddemonGtV6
Re: 08 Tiburon Shuts Off While Driving

id take a look at the altinator, and also get yourself to another shop and get a second opinion... go to a better hyundai dealership and have the work done, and if your car is waranteed then send the morons youve been dealing with the bill!!!