Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > Technical
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 04:35 PM   #1
smilezz
AF Newbie

Exclamation 98 328i Tranny Gear light!

OK, I'm back here again.
I had posted a thread last year about my problem. Pls read it for background on this.

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbul...21#post4198621

So I went to BMW. After 2 trips out there the car was finally running good. No tranny light, no check engine light. Working fine for jus about a year. Now I am having the same damn problem with the tranny light and the car driving in "limp mode". I do not want to go back to BMW , they only seem to give me a quick fix, and really dont get into the problem. I had the air ducting changed, changed the main relay, had the mass air sensor changed twice. Every now and then, since I had this fixed last year, the check engine light comes on. After a few days it'll turn off.

Ok so yesterday that damn tranny light came on. (and the check engine has been on for 2 days) I've turned the car off and restarted...no light. I wasn't really worried about it. But today that light will not come off. Once I start the car, rev the motor....there it is. I turned the car off, start up again...no tranny light. Rev the motor on it goes.

I'm wondering if it can be the throttle position sensor or the Inlet air temp sensor. I have a feeling it's something small. Something with the air / fuel mixture. I don't think it has anything to do with the tranny.

I can't be the only one that has had this problem! Pls HELP ME!

Thanks!
smilezz is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > BMW > Technical