Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Modeling Share your passion for car modeling here! Includes sub-forum for "in progress" and "completed" vehicles.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 03:05 PM   #1
tuned.by.twenty
AF Vendor-TBT's Owner

Who wants stickers?

I'm currently talking with a company about some tuned.by.twenty stickers. I'm getting ready to order, but would love to hear your thoughts. The design will be what you see in my signature; a yellow box with the text inside.

Pricing will be low, probably about $2-3 per sticker, but I'm sure I can give some away for free with any orders that go out.

Who wants em? There will be sufficient supplies but if anyone definitely wants in on the first run, let me know!

Cheers,
Bill
tuned.by.twenty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 08:59 AM   #2
joelwideqvist
AF Enthusiast

Re: Who wants stickers?

For my part I wouldn't pay for a sticker that doesn't do more than advertising your company/brand.
/joel
Old 10-01-2009, 09:38 AM   #3
Mikke
AF Regular

Send a message via Skype™ to Mikke

I think the real question is: how much are you willing to pay me if I start advertising your company/brand with your stickers?
8.10.2003 13:44:25 Ales says: and with some work I'd be a great model
8.10.2003 13:44:36 Mikke says: no you wouldn't
8.10.2003 13:45:00 Ales says: good point
8.10.2003 13:45:01 Ales says: LOL!
Mikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 09:47 AM   #4
mhilez
AF Newbie

nice stickers, i am sorry,i have alredy.
mhilez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:22 AM   #5
tuned.by.twenty
AF Vendor-TBT's Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelwideqvist View Post
For my part I wouldn't pay for a sticker that doesn't do more than advertising your company/brand.
/joel
Fair enough, but it's the same as buying shirts with company logos on them, not to mention plently of companies offer stickers for sale. I just figured I should offer the same.

But if you don't want to, then I won't mind.
Old 10-01-2009, 12:31 PM   #6
AAlmeida
AF Regular

In my opinion, distribute free sticker is a cheap way to advertising. If you are not big enough to worldwide distribution, start on your city or country only. Talking about the sticker, I think it is not catchy enough, may be you have to work on a better art.
I won't buy it not because it is yours or its advertising your company, we do this all the time, but because I don't buy stickers, personally I don't care about it but a lot people do.
I have a band and usually I distribute about 200 free stickers in concerts, or when someone buy a t-shirt or CD. May be you should plan to sell t-shirts and offer one free sticker.
Good luck!
Old 10-01-2009, 12:35 PM   #7
tuned.by.twenty
AF Vendor-TBT's Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAlmeida View Post
In my opinion, distribute free sticker is a cheap way to advertising. If you are not big enough to worldwide distribution, start on your city or country only. Talking about the sticker, I think it is not catchy enough, may be you have to work on a better art.
I won't buy it not because it is yours or its advertising your company, we do this all the time, but because I don't buy stickers, personally I don't care about it but a lot people do.
I have a band and usually I distribute about 200 free stickers in concerts, or when someone buy a t-shirt or CD. May be you should plan to sell t-shirts and offer one free sticker.
Good luck!
Thanks!

If anything I can knock down the price of the stickers, maybe $1 each, and free with orders. Since my business is worldwide, I think it'd make sense to go with that.
I had a second idea for the stickers; just the name in the burgundy and black text you see below. This method with the box was easier for the company due to the shape, so I chose it for my quotes. T-shirts have crossed my mind, but I wanted to start small.

Final opinions folks; $1 each and free with an order. This design, or just text?
Old 10-01-2009, 02:11 PM   #8
voyageur
AF Enthusiast

Hi there,

to be honest: nobody is going to buy stickers like that. Has nothing to do with your or your company or your products - it's just like the other guy said: not catchy enough. Work on the logo, or to make things easier, run a logo contest here on AF. There are plenty of guys that will participate, I'm sure.

Oh... and i really sounds like the sticker company is trying to rip you off.

Cheers
voyageur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 02:56 PM   #9
flyonthewall
Car Mod guy

Send a message via ICQ to flyonthewall

What is the point? It's not going to be effective advertising for you if that is their purpose.

Besides, who buys stickers?...The under 12's, that's who!

Don't waste your money, put it back into your venture and develop new products.
flyonthewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 03:15 PM   #10
tuned.by.twenty
AF Vendor-TBT's Owner

voyageur: The more I look at it the more I like my other idea; I'll get a quote for that one and re-evaluate this. The company has rectangles as a standard shape so they're quick and easy to produce. I'll have to see what they can do with individual letters.
flyonthewall: I haven't seen you here in a while!
I thought I'd try something a little different with these. I still have some new products that I'm finishing up, so hopefully I can get those into production before long.
I'm the kind that'll collect stickers of various companies and manufacturers I buy from, so I started doing a bit of research into offering my own.

Thanks all, design 2.0 coming soon for critiquing,
Old 10-01-2009, 03:58 PM   #11
phatmitsu
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to phatmitsu

I figured I would chime in on this since I recently did stickers for my biz..
I had decals made of just my url. There about inch and a half tall and 12 inches wide. Anything more then that and people will not put them on anything. That keeps it clean and simple. Choose a neutral color to appeal to more people. A yellow sticker on a blue or green car is an eyesore..

However I would really suggest first having a logo professionally designed and then doing really good looking business cards. Not the cheap free ones from vista print but full gloss double sided ones or a step further would be to have a uv coating done. That will give more advertising bang for the buck then stickers ever will.. Handing out business cards at shows, with every order, and even sending bunches out to good customers to hand out works alot better then a sticker ever will.. I had Keg media do my cards and logo and they did an awesome job. Its expensive to get done but well worth the investment. First impressions are very important and if you dont make a good one all is lost..
Old 10-01-2009, 05:35 PM   #12
jrlugo45
AF Newbie

Hi there.

Maybe you could make some decals in scale, maybe some window scrolls that say tuned.by.twenty or scale down your current sticker design and it could be used as like a sponsor on a race car? I personally would not buy the full size sticker as i would have no where to put it, i don't put stickers on my car and i really wouldn't stick it somewhere in my workshop. Just an idea. Good luck.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:27 PM   #13
tuned.by.twenty
AF Vendor-TBT's Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatmitsu View Post
However I would really suggest first having a logo professionally designed and then doing really good looking business cards. Not the cheap free ones from vista print but full gloss double sided ones or a step further would be to have a uv coating done. First impressions are very important and if you dont make a good one all is lost..
I think you and I are on the same wavelength here. I have some business cards, which I do include in orders. I can't say I attend many trade shows or the like, but I do keep a stock to hand out when suitable. I always strive to make that all-important first impression a good one, so I've prepared some things, like the cards, to help me do that.
Thanks for pitching in!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrlugo45 View Post
Hi there.

Maybe you could make some decals in scale, maybe some window scrolls that say tuned.by.twenty or scale down your current sticker design and it could be used as like a sponsor on a race car? I personally would not buy the full size sticker as i would have no where to put it, i don't put stickers on my car and i really wouldn't stick it somewhere in my workshop. Just an idea. Good luck.
I've been looking into those too, actually. A friend of mine used to have some for his model business, and that initially gave me the idea. I'm sure I'll have to get around to them one of these days,

Cheers all,
Bill
Old 10-01-2009, 09:06 PM   #14
tuned.by.twenty
AF Vendor-TBT's Owner

Option 2, about 5 by 3/4 inches.
Old 10-02-2009, 07:48 AM   #15
joelwideqvist
AF Enthusiast

It's not the same as buying a T-shirt with a logo. A t-shirt also works as clothing.
/Joel

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling