Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorbikes
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
WIP - Motorbikes Post topics for any "Works In Progress" motobikes projects in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 02:57 AM   #1
ace91
AF Regular

camel honda '04(max biaggi)

hi guys,

while waiting for the decal for the gauloises '05 to arrive, i'm building the camel honda '04 max biaggi version. here are the photos of the naked part of the bike.

here i made a bit of work on the cf.

here is the photo of the nose cowl

i mostly use the leftover s27 decals except for the camel logos & the decals which were used before. these parts are from cm decal.

when i reached to this stage, only i realised that biaggi's seat is thicker than tamada's & the fuel tank cover is shorter too. i discovered it when i saw the s27 decal sheet & looking through the pit walk photo book.

this means that i have to order the camel honda kit to get the seat & the fuel tank cover & this model would not be completed by today. at the brighter side, i thought of building the valencia version one day, so, with the camel honda kit remains after taking the seat & the fuel tank cover, i can use them to build the valencia bike.

adrian
ace91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 01:25 AM   #2
joelwideqvist
AF Enthusiast

Re: camel honda '04(max biaggi)

Go to www.rainbowten.co.jp and order just the part trees which hold the parts you want. Much cheaper. And might I add that it will be hard to do the Valencia kit justice with the cowls from the Camel bike. Atleast without some major adjustments as there are irregularities.

May I ask what paint you used for the Camel ´04 cowls? Seems to be a bit off the decal on the wind shield.

CF on heat shield looks good!
/Joel
Old 03-05-2007, 02:03 AM   #3
slightfan
AF Regular

You are turning out those bike's Ace
Shame about the 2 diff colours on front nose cowl , when I did mine I masked off and painted it.
Otherwise keep up the good work and looking forward to the next one.
BTW
Did you go to the tests this year and get any good shots of the bike's?
Shayne
slightfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 02:48 AM   #4
ace91
AF Regular

hi,

i'm using the camel yellow(i think it's ts-34 as i'm not mistaken) only if the screen uses the same colour as the ts-34.

shayne, i'm staying in the borneo island in m'sia & since sepang is in the capital, this means that i have to fly over there. is the test access to public? anyway, i'll definitely be going to this year gp & hopefully i can go to the pit this time with some friends & get some good photos as i've always been going to the last gps with my father.

i understand that the camel honda bike is different in seat & the fuel tank size but are the frame & swing arm same in size? i have some leftovers as i have few valencia kits which i used to make '05 bikes. so, this means that i have the nose cowl, fairings, the seat & the tail. i need the opinion on you guys, has anyone of you done the valencia using the s27 decal or tamiya decal? i would like to know the difference. the only difference i know so far is the orange tone colour is different & the sun design at the top fuel tank cover on s27 fits well.

adrian
Old 05-23-2007, 09:36 AM   #5
ace91
AF Regular

hi again,

even though i was very upset that i nearly cried with the fact that i couldn't make a good looking nicky hayden's machine today though the starting was going all right except for the overwhelming weight of the swing arm & the frame which couldn't hold the bike properly, is still could find time to finish this model which was delayed due to lack of parts.

here are the photos in different angles.

could have shown this earlier but just because that photobucket takes like eternity to download the site, i only managed to show this now.

i was surprised with the quality of this decal set as it's nearly as good as s27 version except for the instruction sheet. the sheet is like a replica version of the s27 sheet except for the tiny numbering guides & the instructions written in chinese. overall the size is right for the scale of the bike.

oh, i forgot, i used the seat cowl, cushion, the seat stopper cushion & the fuel tank cover from honda team pons kit.

adrian
Old 05-24-2007, 01:22 AM   #6
joelwideqvist
AF Enthusiast

Looking good Ace! I love that yellow scheme!
/Joel

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Motorbikes