Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '88 - '91 Civic | CRX | Wagon | Shuttlee
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
'88 - '91 Civic | CRX | Wagon | Shuttlee Partnership with: LadyNRedSi.com
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-03-2002, 09:56 AM   #1
88hondaowner
Banned

Send a message via MSN to 88hondaowner Send a message via Yahoo to 88hondaowner
Question I need all the help I can get with my 88dx...somebody help please

Alright I have a 88dx Hatch..current mods include:
15in Motegi White MR12 wheels
Futra Super Sport GLS 195/50/15 tires
APC cold air intake
Pacesetter Header
APC strut tower bar
APC short shifter
Bosch Platinum+4 plugs

Im only running 16.7's in the 1/4 mile...any help on how i can get it to run faster...
88hondaowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2002, 02:16 PM   #2
zcmadman
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to zcmadman
be happy w/your time w/that motor b/c thats pretty good! if you want faster, start savin for a new motor, or go cheap way and piece by piece, like a adjustable cam gear, si intake manifold swap, si tranny swap, but that will just up your rice quotient up a lot and your time wont go down much more. My advice depending on how deep your pockets are drop a d16z6 sohc vtec in w/an si tranny or b16 or any other motor besides the dx b/c dx's just suck, no way around it. or shoot some juice in it if youre really craving that instant gratification.

zcmadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2002, 02:24 PM   #3
civicHBsi91
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to civicHBsi91
if you want to go faster buy some quality stuff not that piece of crap apc junk..................but i would just leave it on there and save for a new motor
Old 08-03-2002, 11:28 PM   #4
Melt
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Melt
would people lay off apc already? I mean sure, their shit is not of the highest quality, but do you suggest someone who makes better stuff that is as readily available? Something you could try to improve your 1/4 mile times is put your stocks on the front because less torque is required to turn a smaller rim and the bigger profile helps with launch. But like zcmadman said, you shouldnt be bitching at all 16.7 is pretty good. I suggest the motor swap is the way to go if you really want to go faster.
Old 08-04-2002, 01:13 PM   #5
zcmadman
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to zcmadman
no name sway bars and stuff are usually pretty good or w/some riggin can be great, but i quit saying junk bout rice stuff b/c people who love rice love their rice and it was their money they already spent, but just dont buy any more and dont like put SUPER STREET or APC on your front window and ill still talk to you, but when i see rangers and crap w/ SUPER STREET or APC on their fonr window then that just makes me laugh and then feel bad for the chap that wasted their time and money on it. if apc offered me a sponsorship for my car id turn it down b/c they dont got anything i want

zcmadman is offline   Reply With Quote