Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Lumina
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 03:23 PM   #16
StewartFan20
AF Newbie

Re: #1 Cooling Fans Not Working!!

I had the exact issues you describe on a 91 grand prix and a 92 lumina.....both were bad temp switches. It was located behind and below the thermostat housing and a pain to get to. Not sure of the location on your year model but its worth looking into. Mine were both 3.1's btw. Good luck with it, your gonna need them working with summer just around the corner.
StewartFan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 09:44 AM   #17
offshore_idol
AF Newbie

welp i am at the end of my rope. My fans are both operable however they are seeming to have an attitude and do not want to work continuously. I here a click that usually precedes the fans operation. ( i am assuming that noise is the relay). The fans both 1 and 2 spin about three times and stop. My car seems to be fluctuating in temp quite a bit. Add water every few days. No apparent leaks. Oil has good consistency and very clean exhaust for 158k. Strong motor and well maintenanced. Do you think the frequent loss of water could be due to a lack of cooling from the fans. Does the relay need 2 be replaced. Or should i just give up and pay sumbuddy who knows what the hell is going on?
offshore_idol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 10:30 AM   #18
offshore_idol
AF Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by offshore_idol
welp i am at the end of my rope. My fans are both operable however they are seeming to have an attitude and do not want to work continuously. I here a click that usually precedes the fans operation. ( i am assuming that noise is the relay). The fans both 1 and 2 spin about three times and stop. My car seems to be fluctuating in temp quite a bit. Add water every few days. No apparent leaks. Oil has good consistency and very clean exhaust for 158k. Strong motor and well maintenanced. Do you think the frequent loss of water could be due to a lack of cooling from the fans. Does the relay need 2 be replaced. Or should i just give up and pay sumbuddy who knows what the hell is going on?
radiator crack at top of composite. Just found it. Fans working as long as a/c is on. Hope i can fix the composite. radiators are expensive.
offshore_idol is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Lumina