Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > HHR
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 01:47 AM   #1
Jaguar D-Type
Banned

New Chevy HHR

The new HHR has styling from the 1949 Chevy Suburban which is shown below.

The new HHR uses the new Cobalt's chassis.

"The HHR's hood with its deep concavity and delicate accent lines requires five separate "hits" from the presses and ranks as one of the most complicated sheetmetal parts GM has ever produced, says small-car vehicle line executive Lori Queen."

Car and Driver September 2005

Jaguar D-Type is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 10:29 PM   #2
BellyRing
AF Newbie

Re: New Chevy HHR

Cool little ride. Just hope they come out w/ a sports package on one.
BellyRing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 04:07 AM   #3
TooMuchRock
AF Newbie

We just took one home today...well my dad did i guess

got the orange, seems incredible so far.

And youd be surprised at how many people will stop you to ask you about it and tell you how much they like it especially old men. Then again it could be because its based on an older car.

Of course i think pt cruiser, and mini ssr when i see it.
TooMuchRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 01:54 AM   #4
Jaguar D-Type
Banned

press release

4-6-2006

Chevy HHR Among "Coolest New Cars Under $18,000"

Editors of Kelley Blue Book's kbb.com Select Top 10 Cool, Affordable New Vehicles

DETROIT – The new Chevrolet HHR small utility vehicle has scored another accolade. Editors of Kelly Blue Book’s kbb.com selected it as one of the coolest, most affordable new vehicles on the market.

“As cool as the 1940s-style exterior is, the Chevrolet HHR is equally cool for its efficient use of space and worthwhile features like remote start and the increasingly requisite iPod connector. It offers hauling ability like a compact SUV, yet it handles like a car,” said Jack R. Nerad, editorial director, Kelley Blue Book’s kbb.com.

A standout for its bold styling and versatile, flexible interiors, the HHR has attracted the attention of trend watchers in the automotive industry since its launch in July of 2005. Among the compliments received to date are a “One to Watch” designation from Consumer Guide, Detroit Free Press’ 2006 “Car of the Year” and “Best Design for SUV” from the Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) for its accessory-friendly design.

The HHR also has earned the highest possible government rating for frontal crash tests, 5-stars.

With a base price of $15,890 (including freight and destination charges), the HHR offers great value for customers. More than 66,316 HHRs have been sold through March of 2006.

The top 10 coolest new cars under $18,000 were chosen based on the expert opinions of the Kelley Blue Book editorial team. Selection was based on price, design, style and performance as well as extensive research of each vehicle and test drives of vehicles selling at or below $18,000 during the week of April 6, 2006. For more information on these and other new vehicles, log on to www.kbb.com.
Jaguar D-Type is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 11:05 AM   #5
Old Lar
AF Regular

Motor Trend's May 06 ran a comparison between Mazda3, Toyoto Matrix, HHR and the Dodge Caliber. It was rated #3 of the four cars tested. The comment was "It has a large, inviting interior, one of the friendliest faces on the road, and is easy to drive, but only if the pace is sedate." It did beat out the Dodge.

As with most car magazines, even if the car had a Corvette LT2 powerplant, there would be peformance complaints.
Old Lar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 09:12 PM   #6
DrummersGirl
AF Newbie

Talking Re: New Chevy HHR

I bought a dealer driven '06 HHR almost two weeks ago, and I love it. Although it isn't a car for everyone, I am one happy owner. Not to mention this is the first car I am buying on my own, which makes me even more proud as I'm driving around.
DrummersGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 11:59 PM   #7
hotrod_chevyz
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummersGirl
I bought a dealer driven '06 HHR almost two weeks ago, and I love it. Although it isn't a car for everyone, I am one happy owner. Not to mention this is the first car I am buying on my own, which makes me even more proud as I'm driving around.
Thats wonderful. I like how those things look, way better than PT cruiser IMO.

Its a great feeling of accomplishment to pay for somthing yourself. Especially somthing as important to ones life as a vehicle can be. Ive been waiting to hear some owner opinions on these. I have a feeling most opinions will be good. I think you made a good choice.

p.s. Welcome to AF! Usually people dont post on any threads that are over a month or two old. But feel free and welcome to make your own "new" thread and tell some people what you think of your new car. And good luck with it i hope it turns out to be a real good car for you. Its a new model so check online from time to time and make sure none are recalled or have any known problems ect. Once again welcome
hotrod_chevyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 01:55 PM   #8
HHR Forever
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to HHR Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellyRing
Cool little ride. Just hope they come out w/ a sports package on one.
A HHR SS was confirmed from GM
Old 12-20-2006, 04:41 PM   #9
Old Lar
AF Regular

I've had my HHR for 10 months now and have almost 12000 miles on it. I finished a 4000 mile trip from Florida to Maine and back over Thanksgiving. Lots of miles on I-95 at 70 mph. The car got 32+ mpg on the trip. It has the 2.4 L with the automatic. One stretch I ran 465 miles between fill-ups and the DIC still said I had 65 miles range left. It took 14.4 gallons at the fill-up. I've kept recods of milage since new. I'm averaging 29.7 mpg after 11862 miles. No problems with the car at all.

I changed oil using Mobil 1 synthetic once I got back. The dealer did the first one for "free". They torqued the H*** out of the drain plug and oil filter cover. Both were a real pain to get off.

I still have trouble getting "comfortable" on long trips. I get right leg cramps just sitting with cruise control on. With the 6 CD changer, I just listened to music all the way.
Old Lar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 03:45 PM   #10
john m
AF Newbie

Hi, I just got my 07 HHR last week and am still reading the 'How To' book. So far, I like it. I traded my 97 Dodge Ram 1500 in on it, quite a change, both upward and downward for me. First in economy, 10-12 mpg on the Ram and over 35 on the 1st 1/2 tank on the HHR. Second is in size. I have room in the HHR, once I get all of me into it. I'm 6'3" and 340 lbs. I hope it holds up half as well as the Ram did. The only thing mine doesn't have is Onstar. It has all of the other 'Bells and whistles and still only cost me a little over 14K.
Oh Well, when ever I feel the need for speed, I'll fire up the '72 Gran Torino Sport and head to the Gas station(9-10 mpg).
john m is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > HHR