Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Renault > Laguna/Laguna II
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 10-23-2005, 09:23 AM   #1
labrat1974
AF Newbie

Smile laguna broken

hi guys i have a problem with starting my laguna the problem i have found is that there is no power going to fuel pump but i cant pinpoint the location of the fuel pump relay if anyone can tell me where this is i would appreciate it thanks in advance for any help given
labrat1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 05:40 AM   #2
TazzyK
AF Newbie

What year is the Laguna? All the relays are under the fuse box. There are also some on the top side of the fuse box but you need to do a lot of dismanteling to get to them. I think there may be some relays in th engine bay as well.

As for the precise location, can't help you cos all the relays under the fuse box are sort of lilac colour and nothing is labelled, nor have I found anything anywhere that tells you what is what.

It could however, be an immobiliser problem? Not sure how the immobilisor works on the Laguna, but normally the immobilisers cuts power to the starter and the fuel
TazzyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 01:04 PM   #3
labrat1974
AF Newbie

Re: laguna broken

cheers mate first the laguna is a n reg (year ?????) the relays under the fuse box i have checked there is 3 lilac ones and 2 brown ones i am starting to think now (after spraying the boot with petrol checking petrol pump) that you will be right with the immobalisier.the thought of taking to a dealer depresses me and my bank manager but thanks for the help.i will keep you informed of any developments
Old 10-24-2005, 04:25 PM   #4
TazzyK
AF Newbie

N reg, that is 1995 / 96. I know what you mean about the dealers. Just a thought though, have you got a spare key? It might be a faulty key that is not able to deactivate the immobiliser. Do keep me posted please.
Old 10-26-2005, 01:01 PM   #5
labrat1974
AF Newbie

seen as you have been good enough to try help me mate i thought i would tell you something that happened while looking at fuel pump last night it might make you chuckle.

i got my battery charger and a couple of probes just to try get the petrol pump to work,it fired up nicly and pumped petrol to the engine, result or so i thought i went to put the pump back in its housing a nice fit at that point one of my friends arrived so i removed the pump again to show him that the pumped worked by pumping petrol to engine at which point i accidently touched the two probes together nice spark resulted in big FIRE coming out of petrol tank and spare wheel well, after 5 mins of running round like a chicken on drugs i threw the boot carpet over the hole that the flames where leaping from looked down to see the battery charger , petrol pump , and some tools ablaze in spare wheel well after burning my hands removed all objects checked hole for fire glad to say it had gone out, so proceeded to go upstairs change pants and have a coffee
Old 10-26-2005, 02:07 PM   #6
TazzyK
AF Newbie

Oh dear, well hope your hands recover soon and that the cars not to bad either.

I really don't know what else to suggest. My bro-in-law's got a similar prob on his 206 and we recon the immobiliser is buggered. When you turn on he ignition, if you hear the pump it will start, but if you don't hear it then it obviously won't. BUT if you pump the pedal twice (Like on older cars with auto-choke) the car starts a treat normally. Also, he is able to start the car with his spare non-chipped key which definitely can't be right so we're stuck as well...car hasn't started for 3 days now and although its a different car I think there are striking similiarities.
Old 10-27-2005, 01:26 PM   #7
labrat1974
AF Newbie

i agree there do sound very simalar i have towed mine to a garage today and told them to have a look its not the money that bothers me so much its like admitting defeat i will ask about tomorrow about the 206 and let you know the outcome
Old 10-27-2005, 03:26 PM   #8
TazzyK
AF Newbie

that would be good, cheers mate!
Old 11-06-2005, 07:28 AM   #9
labrat1974
AF Newbie

Re: Re: laguna broken

just to keep you informed m8 i got car working by putting a new pump on seen as the other melted in the fire lol .the only other thing now is the petrol gauge doesnt work and i have an annoying voive saying petrol low every 45 seconds but at least it is running ........

getting to your 206 problem my mate at work is off to see someone this weekend and will try and find out for you because he works at peugeot.
Old 11-06-2005, 09:58 AM   #10
TazzyK
AF Newbie

Cheers for that mate. My petrol gauge on the Laguna does fluctuate quite a bit too. It wasn't always like that, but now it seems to fluctuate in rhythm with the car's movement. I think, in your case, you should recheck the connections on the pump. I believe the sender unit for the guage is a part of the pump and more than likely a connection is either loose or the gauge might just need to be recalibrated somehow?

On my Laguna, I have a new problem (for which I am just about to post a new topic on, so any insights on that will also be appreciated).

Look forward to hearing from you on the 206 front as well and really appreciate it.

Cheers

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Renault > Laguna/Laguna II