Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 03:55 AM   #61
oldschooldeathwish
AF Newbie

Re: What age are you guys mostly, and what kind of work do you do?

Im 21 and in my last year of apprenticeship to become a truck and coach technition. Metal , industrial, punk and Blues
oldschooldeathwish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 07:57 AM   #62
exlonghair
AF Newbie

I'm 36 and a WAN Tech (Wide Area Network) for several school districts. Now...and man I'm going to get railed on for this..........

Bluegrass Rules!
exlonghair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 08:03 AM   #63
sdrado
AF Newbie

36 years of experience here. Graphic artist for a specialty advertising firm in South Dakota. Music-most anything except for rap (if that's considered music:-p)
Old 03-22-2005, 08:35 AM   #64
jeverett
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to jeverett Send a message via AIM to jeverett Send a message via MSN to jeverett Send a message via Yahoo to jeverett

Quote:
Originally Posted by exlonghair
Bluegrass Rules!
I concur...sometimes
"BIG 3"
2500+ watt audio

jeverett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 09:17 AM   #65
exlonghair
AF Newbie

Re: Re: What age are you guys mostly, and what kind of work do you do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeverett
I concur...sometimes
Yeah....The older "whining, twangy" stuff is certainly an acquired taste!
exlonghair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 01:19 PM   #66
TXAGG05
AF Regular

22, Part time structural firefighting instructor and consultant for a small inner Houston community. Also seasonal ranchhand/owner's bitch at a small time cattle operation outside College Station, Texas. 6 hours from a BS degree in economics from the only University of Texas mentioned in the Texas Constitution(Texas A&M). I listen to almost anything that sounds good at the time including bluegrass, mostly classic rock and classic country.
2002 Argo Conquest w/ tracks
Also driving, but not at my house:
2001 Pierce Saber
1989 Pierce Dash
(See Pics in my gallery)
TXAGG05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 10:10 PM   #67
silveradoking
AF Regular

Since I seem to have gotten everybodies attention....the reason I was asking these questions was that I was wondering the difference between the 'chevy guy' and the 'ford guy'.....You see, I don't know if it's just me....but I feel that most guys that drive Chevy's (now I am talking about trucks only), look a certain way, like they have rounder faces, then the guys that drive fords...who have longer faces....and like guys that drive chevy's have darker hair....and the fords have lighter hair.....Or how they talk and act....Or maybe I am wrong.....but I can sure bet that I can pick out the people that drive chevy's apart from the guys that drive fords.....anyone have this feeling?
silveradoking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 01:53 AM   #68
skipr
AF Enthusiast

35 I went to college for electronic engineerring, but found my love working with High Voltage (after college) transformer vaults, high tension transmission line towers...etc.I now own/operate a electrical sub-contractor (for Municapal or private Dept. of water/power co.'s). I also keep my job with Los Angeles County Fire Dept. as a Utilityman since it's only 10 days a month and has a good pension.I kinda had to keep this job, My dad is still upset I didn't want to be 3rd generation LACO. Firefighter (just had no interest with there work).I enjoy a wide range of music Elton John, Iron Maiden, UFO, Yes, The Guess Who, Rush,Steely Dan, Paul McCartney, Judas Preist, Dio, The Smith's, Roxy Music...etc. I even like Country Waylan Jennings, Willie Nelson, Johnny Lee (the older stuff).Oh and I do have dark hair but not sure about the the type of face (Italian looking) My friend is a ford owner and he does have light hair and shifty eyes, come to think of it he's got all the appearance profile for a homocidal axe murderer! Thanks for the heads up (J/K BTW)
skipr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 06:32 AM   #69
slacker_53
AF Enthusiast

52, but don't call me old, even though I've got kids older than most of you! I own a car dealership and always have some Silverados here because I love'em. Right now I own an '02 Extended Cab 4X4 and two standard cab 4X4s, a '99 and a '00, and I just purchased an 18,000 mile, 2003 K1500 LT Crew today.

I like hard rock and some of the oldies. I'm into street rods (got a couple) and Corvettes, although I just sold the '78 Vette pictured below, I'm always looking. I love my job! Wait a minute, I don't have a 'job'.

Also,I enjoy reading these forums, keep it up guys!

-slacker

Last edited by slacker_53; 03-24-2005 at 07:05 PM.
slacker_53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 08:53 AM   #70
Alexxn 00 Si
AF Regular

36, Systems Administrator for a marketing company.......
Old 03-25-2005, 12:41 AM   #71
localyokel
AF Newbie

WOW!! What an awsome thread .Although this is a weird feeling,alot of familiar names of people that judging by posts and pics I thought were older than what you all are.(most of you all) Its kinda like professional atheletes,celebs, its folks you look up to,admire or respect in some cases and then you find theyre 23 yrs old.It freaks me out a little bit! Its not a bad thing.I guess its cause I wasnt that mature or respectable at 23.. Anyways I'm 31 Sears auto tech for 13 years (about due for a change in career)starting to feel alittle burnt out.. I have always been fond of chevy trucks Ive had 65 shorty 61 step 84 blazer 89 silverado (had to sell do to divorce)ended up with 96 dodge ram,(which I like a hell of alot better than I ever thought I would.)But I'm still a chevy man at heart!Hell Ive never even been to the ram forum,I just dont care that much about them!Anyways I made sure to put my current wife in a genuine chevrolet!!!94 k1500 sub and love having it.As far as music I am non prejudice,I like anything makes me bob my head or tap my foot.Anything from Beatles to George Strait ,Alice In Chains, Black Eyed Peas,Prince, David Allen Coe or what have you.Just whatever's on the radio,I never listen to cds because I like the variety that radio offers w/ out having to change out cds all the time.Today while at a stop light some punk in a honda prelude pulled up next to me w/ a system so damn loud I couldn't hear what I was listening to let alone anything else..It almost made me feel nutty enough to get out and take a ball pean hammer to his head unit smash it up real good and say "HOW DO LIKE ME NOW PUNK" No really I'm just a normal guy.As are most other chevy drivin folk.I can kinda see what you mean about the "chevy guy" "ford guy" thing I can think of a couple ford guys that have long faces,but w/ dark hair .As many people as I deal w/ everyday seems to me that chevy people are more easy goin,laid back where on the other hand ford truck guys seem more uptight.I dont know if there's anything to this "ford guy" "chevy guy"as far as trucks go,all I know is that I would never buy a ford truck so that makes me bias.A chevy guys rival will always be ford and therefore will always look at them in a negative manner.Who knows they might be havin the same discussion about us right now in the ford forum.Oh well at least we know that our resale value (not to mention steet credentials)are better.Well my internet provider once again has kicked me off line and I'm about to pop the top off my 4th brew since I started typing this and thats about my limit.Hope I didnt put anyone to sleep while reading this long winded bio.Good luck and god bless to all chevy truckers everywhere and maybe even the few guys like me that are stuck driving dodges and stuff but have chevrolet blood pumping through there heart!
localyokel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 02:14 PM   #72
Jake795
AF Regular

i'm 21 and i work at a full service gas station doing pretty much everything from mechanic work to inspecitions tire repairs and pumping gas. This is just my means for paying my gas bill while i'm going to LSU for a degree in wildlife. I honestly feel that there is no difference in the ford and chevy guys. I also believe that all of the trucks these days are on the same level. The all break down at some point in time.

Jake
Old 03-25-2005, 02:57 PM   #73
rpreston
AF Regular

Glad I'm not the only old fart here at 52. Computer hardware technician for 19 yrs. Have 90 K1500 since new. Used mostly for huntin' and thrashing in the bushes here in Va. Music wise, rock, country and blues. Mostly though, Delbert McClinton, who does it all...some of you folks down Texas way will know who he is...
Old 03-25-2005, 10:51 PM   #74
silveradoking
AF Regular

And he says, 'well I guess that's just the cowboy in us all...'
silveradoking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 12:06 PM   #75
Vettribution
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Vettribution Send a message via Yahoo to Vettribution

23, United States Army - Satellite Communications. Currently stationed in Germany. It rocks.

Musical interests are any kind of rock.. From Jimi to Metallica... My two faves are easily Nine Inch Nails and Tool though.
Major Mod: Garrett GT35R Turbo...
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/811544.

Please... Come get some.
Vettribution is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Avalanche | C&K | Silverado | Suburban | Tahoe > Silverado