Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse 2000+
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 12:13 PM   #31
eclipsed4utoo
AF Fanatic

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Turbo in 2005 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewh4386
To me a super charger is a lazy mans turbo as well as the autostick is a lazy mans 5 speed.

for your age your a loser you cant come here expect people here to not know there shit. you should just sit back and learn. I do so i dont look like a dumb ass. you make stupid shit up on here people don't forget.
i couldnt have said it better myself

supercharging is the easy way out. theres no fun in modding a supercharger. you have no way of regulating the boost.
eclipsed4utoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 01:09 PM   #32
rodbls
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to rodbls
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Turbo in 2005 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipsed4utoo
i couldnt have said it better myself

supercharging is the easy way out. theres no fun in modding a supercharger. you have no way of regulating the boost.

I agree and disagree with that post. Sure, a supercharger is not as adjustable as a turbo, but you CAN change the blower pullies for different psi. Although, like many people have said, belt slippage is a MAJOR problem with blowers. HOWEVER, I do feel that superchagers are a ligit form of FI because why else would Pro Mod and top fuel run them against N20, and win most of the time? I'm pretty sure they dont use turbos because the huge turbine they would use would probably wouldnt spool up in the 5 seconds it takes for them to run a 1/4. My buddy is putting in a 695CI motor in an 85 drag Camaro and is gonna blow it. The motor alone puts over 1200HP, and the blower will add another 300+.

IMO, different strokes for different folks. If someone likes a blower more than a turbo, so be it. And visa-versa. I dont think that there is any BAD form of FI, so badmouthing isnt really going to change anything. HOWEVER, BRAGGING ABOUT OWNING A GT MUSTANG IS REFUCKINDICULOUS!!!!! Owning a Ford is not something that I would want to get out in the open...maybe a vintage one, but nothing new. If people think that our cars are unreliable, they have obviously never driven an American car...lol. I LOVE JAP!!! (but not Honda...sorry. The sound of that starter just gives me the willies)
rodbls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 01:40 PM   #33
eclipsed4utoo
AF Fanatic

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Turbo in 2005 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodbls
I agree and disagree with that post. Sure, a supercharger is not as adjustable as a turbo, but you CAN change the blower pullies for different psi. Although, like many people have said, belt slippage is a MAJOR problem with blowers. HOWEVER, I do feel that superchagers are a ligit form of FI because why else would Pro Mod and top fuel run them against N20, and win most of the time? I'm pretty sure they dont use turbos because the huge turbine they would use would probably wouldnt spool up in the 5 seconds it takes for them to run a 1/4. My buddy is putting in a 695CI motor in an 85 drag Camaro and is gonna blow it. The motor alone puts over 1200HP, and the blower will add another 300+.

IMO, different strokes for different folks. If someone likes a blower more than a turbo, so be it. And visa-versa. I dont think that there is any BAD form of FI, so badmouthing isnt really going to change anything. HOWEVER, BRAGGING ABOUT OWNING A GT MUSTANG IS REFUCKINDICULOUS!!!!! Owning a Ford is not something that I would want to get out in the open...maybe a vintage one, but nothing new. If people think that our cars are unreliable, they have obviously never driven an American car...lol. I LOVE JAP!!! (but not Honda...sorry. The sound of that starter just gives me the willies)
i was more relating my comment to our cars. a supercharger is great if you dont want much adjustability and if you dont know how to tune a car. but marcuseclipse04 was saying that the supercharger will make more hp than a turbo and that turboing this car was a crap....which we all know is false(running at the same psi).

drivability = supercharger is better
power = turbo is better
Old 03-22-2005, 03:07 PM   #34
Back
Banned

Re: Turbo in 2005 GT

Originally Posted by marcuseclipse04
Oh let me say that I'm sorry, you probably got a ride a turbo 1992 eclipse hahahaahahah what ever dude ohhoh it is so fast, and you beat everything because it's yours.

I can almost garuntee my 1991 Talon TSI AWD will spank almost every car in this 2000+ forum. Ive only put 4K in mods in it, and that includes the car. It runs low 13's all night long, and then I can drive it to work the next day.

P.S. Screw the FMIC, Supra side mount is the only way to go. Keeps the sleeper status I want.
Back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 03:25 PM   #35
rodbls
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to rodbls
Yeah, eclipse4auto, i was just sayin in general, a supercharger is not always the lazy way out. I dont even think the sweetest turbo kit will look as sweet as a huge 700CI motor with a huge Blower on top...plus then you can put the huge snorkel hood scoop on. But I do like it when they mold the hood on drag cars to let the turbo suck fresh air right from the hood, that looks sweet!

I agree, turbo for our cars may be more complicated, but the extra effort Im sure adds moster HP, along with the added satisfaction of having a semi 1off job.
rodbls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 05:36 PM   #36
eclipsed4utoo
AF Fanatic

oh marcus...no time to hide now money man
Old 03-22-2005, 08:25 PM   #37
Tyrone Biggums
AF Enthusiast

is that the same dude who claimed to work @ a dealership and had a chip that gave him all this horse power.
Old 03-22-2005, 09:58 PM   #38
eclipsed4utoo
AF Fanatic

Re: Re: Turbo in 2005 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums
is that the same dude who claimed to work @ a dealership and had a chip that gave him all this horse power.
yup thats him
Old 03-23-2005, 08:05 AM   #39
Tyrone Biggums
AF Enthusiast

jesus christ! this guy is a true idiot. even the moderator made fun of him
Old 04-02-2005, 04:34 AM   #40
Hydro420Eclipse
AF Newbie

Send a message via ICQ to Hydro420Eclipse Send a message via AIM to Hydro420Eclipse Send a message via MSN to Hydro420Eclipse Send a message via Yahoo to Hydro420Eclipse
lol guys i think uve scared him off. safest way to go i think is the s/c. and they are more common to find for the GT v6 then a turbo. but hell if u guys find a site or sumthing for a v6 GT turbo. then let me know
Hydro420Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 08:08 AM   #41
Tyrone Biggums
AF Enthusiast

aai is still building a kit for the 6cyl.
Old 04-02-2005, 09:06 AM   #42
eclipsed4utoo
AF Fanatic

and they actually have two distribiturs for the AAI kit. and just b/c more people go with the SDS doesnt mean its better. most people are lazy and just want to be able to throw the SDS on and go. they dont have to have to worry about tuning.
Old 04-02-2005, 07:09 PM   #43
keymaster4225
AF Regular

Fuck RIPP...overpriced morons. They think they are god's gift to 3G's. They have their Boost Cooler, which is nothing more than water injection...and they're selling it for $500!!! You can get a water/meth injection system elsewhere for less than $200. I repeat: FUCK RIPPMods

Edit: Oops...didn't realize this thread had 2 other pages. Anyway, this was in response to the last post on page one. Anyway, glad to hear the DSM guys chiming in here. I hate to say it, since I did own one, but the 3G V6's do suck for the most part. Yeah, you can make semi-decent power with the SDS or a custom turbo setup, but you're gonna put down MAJOR bucks tuning and maintaining it.
keymaster4225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2005, 12:33 AM   #44
eclipsed4utoo
AF Fanatic

lol...yes the last post on the first page fired up alot of members
Old 04-03-2005, 12:36 AM   #45
Tyrone Biggums
AF Enthusiast

can we let the thread die now?