Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse 2000+
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-02-2004, 11:09 PM   #46
johnnyBgood
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to johnnyBgood
Re: What to upgrade for HP?

Not to mention the fact that the 4G64 comes with a 9:1 compression ratio whereas the EVO is at 8.8:1.

I am getting real tired of people spouting off when they have ZERO clue about what they are talking about.

and $12K to replace a motor? c'mon, a 2000 3G 4cyl can go for ~$6-7K. And $6K to install a turbo kit? Who are you paying to install kit, Donald Trump?

Marcus, can you provide a dyno sheet and pictures? I want to see the 246hp you laid down with a 9:1 CR with intake, exhaust and chip. Email it to me (link below) and I will host it and post it up for everyone to see.
johnnyBgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 10:57 PM   #47
eclipsed4utoo
AF Fanatic

hes getting the bling bling option for that 12 grand
eclipsed4utoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 01:38 PM   #48
LandoAWD
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to LandoAWD
Re: Re: hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcuseclipse04
Well I was just trying to help out the dude. Not getting into a knowledge battle with you all. I'm a machanic for Mitsubishi and just wanted to tell him other things he can do to his car that can make a difference. The chip I got, I had made for me. The CAI, is a two input AI, you probably don't know what that is, that is why it was 300.00. YOu guys are messing with a car and engine that is new and trust me you will find out how long those turbos last and how they can tear up the engine. Call any mitsubishi in Chicago and ask them about the turbo for their Evolution's???? Same engine, but they are having problems with the car. I've seen three turbos on 2000+ eclipses and the car's came in on a flat beds, and we laughed. Some stupid kid thought it would be cool to drive to Cali to get a turbo put on and then came back. After about 20k miles, the compression was too high. BYE BYE engine. I told him that is would only be 12,000 to fix. So if you want to take the chance and if you are a genius then get one. I think mitsubishi would have put one on the car if they could have but what do they know, they just make the best engines in the world!!!
Old 12-06-2004, 10:05 PM   #49
andrewken
AF Enthusiast

I am getting confused. This guy is saying that FI will kill our engines. I believe JohnnyBgood but i'm not sure so dont get mad if im wrong, said that our gt engine was basically made for FI?
I am pretty sure i read that somewhere.
Old 12-06-2004, 10:15 PM   #50
crazy_ugly_coyote
Banned

Send a message via AIM to crazy_ugly_coyote
Re: Re: What to upgrade for HP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewken
I am getting confused. This guy is saying that FI will kill our engines. I believe JohnnyBgood but i'm not sure so dont get mad if im wrong, said that our gt engine was basically made for FI?
I am pretty sure i read that somewhere.
Its been said many times. just check a few threads and you will find menchion of it. But in most cases I believe that they were referring to the 4 cyl. though.
crazy_ugly_coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 10:51 PM   #51
eclipsed4utoo
AF Fanatic

yes its the 4cyl that was built for boost. but the V6 handles it pretty well too
Old 12-07-2004, 02:59 PM   #52
Igovert500
blue + red light magnet

Marcus thank you very much for the laughs...keep em coming.
-Cusco front + rear strut bars
-Greddy type-s
-ATR downpipe
-no cats
-15Gs, 3sx aluminum pulley, FMIC, SAFC, walboro pump, EVO 560ccs, and Meth Injection Kit all waiting to go in shortly.

Your 1996 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4 is the 92nd out of the 315 that were made that year. Only 21 of which are exactly identical.
Igovert500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 06:11 AM   #53
meclipsegt
AF Newbie

Ive been reading all of this stuff that everyone has written. Personally I think half of you guys have no idea what the hell you are talking about. First of all the 4 and 6 cylinder engines can handle boost the same. The difference with fi is with turbos heat is the killer. That is why RIPP Mods sc engines can handle more boost, plus there is no good turbo kits out there that you can put on the v6. Another thing that no one here understands is that programming is everything. Some of you laugh at programming but thats because your an idiot. And with the cai, headers and exhaust, you are partially right about the gains being small and almost not worth the money. Put that stuff on your car and get it tuned then you WILL definetly feel the difference. Not pointing anyone out or anything but most of you do need to research your stuff before you open your mouth. I do agree though that I would rather have a n/a power house than a fi power house. And one more thing, if you blow your v6 up, dont get a 4 banger. Spend the money and get the MIVEC v6. Alot better engine than the 6g72. But good luck on getting one.
meclipsegt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 07:11 AM   #54
LandoAWD
AF Enthusiast

Yeah, it is the heat. It has NOTHING to do with A/F and compression. That would be stupid.

Before you act like a holier-than-thou prick, do some research, and learn what paragraph breaks are. Reading that jumbled bit of misinformation was painful.
Old 07-12-2005, 07:37 AM   #55
eclipsed4utoo
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by meclipsegt
Ive been reading all of this stuff that everyone has written. Personally I think half of you guys have no idea what the hell you are talking about. First of all the 4 and 6 cylinder engines can handle boost the same. The difference with fi is with turbos heat is the killer. That is why RIPP Mods sc engines can handle more boost, plus there is no good turbo kits out there that you can put on the v6. Another thing that no one here understands is that programming is everything. Some of you laugh at programming but thats because your an idiot. And with the cai, headers and exhaust, you are partially right about the gains being small and almost not worth the money. Put that stuff on your car and get it tuned then you WILL definetly feel the difference. Not pointing anyone out or anything but most of you do need to research your stuff before you open your mouth. I do agree though that I would rather have a n/a power house than a fi power house. And one more thing, if you blow your v6 up, dont get a 4 banger. Spend the money and get the MIVEC v6. Alot better engine than the 6g72. But good luck on getting one.
i agree with lando, you need to do some more research. you state the the 4cyl and V6 handle boost the same. you are incorrect. the 4cyl can handle more boost than the v6(stock vs. stock).

and there is a turbo kit for the v6. a very good and reliable one. do some research.

you seem to know everything, but you are the FIRST person i have ever seen that refers to tuning as programming.
Old 07-12-2005, 07:39 AM   #56
LandoAWD
AF Enthusiast

Dude, programming is everything. :lmao:
Old 07-12-2005, 07:47 AM   #57
eclipsed4utoo
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandoAWD
Dude, programming is everything. :lmao:
Old 07-12-2005, 03:07 PM   #58
ccopriviza
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to ccopriviza

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipsed4utoo
i agree with lando, you need to do some more research. you state the the 4cyl and V6 handle boost the same. you are incorrect. the 4cyl can handle more boost than the v6(stock vs. stock).

and there is a turbo kit for the v6. a very good and reliable one. do some research.

you seem to know everything, but you are the FIRST person i have ever seen that refers to tuning as programming.
What kit is that?
ccopriviza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 04:12 PM   #59
eclipsed4utoo
AF Fanatic

Re: Re: Re: What to upgrade for HP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccopriviza
What kit is that?
the DE kit(formerly the AAI kit).

http://www.tearstone.com/portal/inde...d=17&Itemid=31
Old 07-12-2005, 07:12 PM   #60
Whathits14
AF Enthusiast

*sigh*....so much bad info in this thread.

First off....ummmm....rb26dett into a 3g? I don't think so.
Prove it or shut it. Why the hell would you want to do that anyways??? Get a 89 240 and slap that bad ass into it and you will have yourself a real car.

and 500 hp 3g = fastest eclipse in country? hope you meant 3g eclipse, because fast eclipses go 8's and have upwards of 800 hp. www.shepracing.com

Oh, and hate to burst your 3g bubbles, but neither the 4g64 or 6g72 (in the eclipse not 3000gt vr4) were built for boost. They can run boost yea, but they were definitly not built for it. And btw some genious said that adding FI raised the comp...this is totally wrong. The compression ratio stay exactly the same. You guys also have smaller injectors, so fuel will be a problem when you start boosting. Looking at the tearstone website, the upgrade injector size for you guys is 440cc, and in a 2g, stock turbo car at 210hp (which is built CORRECTLY for FI) the injectors are 450cc. So your stock fuel system will not be good for much FI! FI does not destroy a motor, as some people have stated previously, YOU do. If you turn up the boost past maybe 10 psi on some decent gas, then I have no sympathy for when you blow a rod and knock a hole through your block. If FI destroys cars, how does a 8 sec street driven supra TT manage to survive? It only pushes a measly 30+psi. Heres a article from dsport mag, same one with the tt supra in it (article is not online) about a fast 4g63 car.
http://www.dragsport.com/issue/2005/..._article.shtml

Your engine needs to be made to take boost! The 4g63 in 1g and 2g turbo eclipses were built for boost, the 4g64 in the 2g's never saw boost coming from the factory, and if it were to have happened, I am confident that mitsubishi would hire engineers smart enough to realize that proper compensations would have to be made to run boost reliabily. A N/A engine can handle boost in small amounts, but after that you are going to need forged internals to safely run more boost, not to mention tons of other supporting mods. I am sorry for the guy who decided to pay 1200 for a chip that will shorten the life of your engine by lying to it and making it run your injectors at a higher rate until one fails and then you get screwed because you aren't getting enough fuel. Chips, in general for 4 cyl cars, that claim to give performance gains are USELESS! Take for excample jet chips....500 to make a unsafe amount of changes to your fuel and timing tables. Some, chips like TMO and dsmchips are very useful but don't actually screw with your fuel....they can compensate for when you get bigger injectors, but they sure as hell dont screw with your tables because that is a fast way to kill an engine. And ridentity, not every car at the track runs nos. Ever seen a blown mustang run 7's? Happens all the time without nos. Hell, 2g eclipses can run 10's w/o nos....prob some nines but I dont know for sure.

FI is the best way to add power to most any car. For a mustang you can spend 8k to drop in a 450hp big block, or spend 6k to add a twin turbo setup that with some more internal mods will allow you to run 10psi and put down 500+ to the wheels. And no way you can get a good t3/4 running on a car that will last for more than a week before the POS turbo breaks. Most mechanic's charge around 90/hour at a normal shop, strangly enough dsm mechinic's charge a fraction of that and do it in less time. Usually shop charges around 600 for a turbo upgrade, not taking off your exhaust fabbing a down pipe, custom cutting the bumper for a intercooler, custom piping and some a new manifold, look at 2000 for labor and another 3k for the parts....if you are lucky. For those of you who really want to learn abuot turbos and not just sit there acting like you know something (some of you really do, the others should realize they don't and go learn) start reading the tech articles on dsmtuners.com or go back to AF under mistubishi and read some eclipse/talon/laser posts....BTW for those of you who don't know, those cars are, asides cosmetics the same car in their respective trim levels and generation. (laser was discontinuedl;only talon and eclipse had a second gen, then talon went out of buissness in early 98.) The tearstone kit looks like it is well done, I would be a little wary about running 12 psi on a 4g64 without some gooooood gas....like 100 octane, or your new toy won't likely last for very long.

Also, I only really care about performance, not looks. An OPTION for some of you guys who know something about FI would be to sell the 3g (which suprise me with the resale values) and buy a 2g turbo for 6k, take the difference fix it up and do a turbo upgrade for 350 hp no problem, no need for built internals, 20 psi all day long (you better tune it right to run 20psi).

And this is America! Hell, you know what even if this was china, russia or england and you bashed america, I am suprised you didn't get banned already, racisim of any kind, should not be tolerated at all on this website. My .02
------------------------------------
'95 Talon Tsi
EVO III GT, supporting mods, not running
Brand new never opened, walbro 190LPH fuel pump for a 2g $65 shipped.
Whathits14 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse 2000+