Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse 2000+
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 11-14-2004, 11:16 PM   #16
eclipsed4utoo
AF Fanatic

Re: V6 mustung V.S. V6 eclipse who would win

psychotic_z, i think you miss read. he said 4cyl, 6cyl NA stock under $30,000. yeah most of those cars would beat a v6 eclipse, but those are not under $30,000.
not under $30,000:
G35 http://www.infiniti.com/content/0,,a...-75219,00.html
$32,000

S2000 http://automobiles.honda.com/models/...rDetected=True $33,000

Z3 http://www.bmwusa.com/vehicles/Z4/25i
thats the Z4, which is just as slow as the GT eclipse
$34,000

the fact that you didnt know these cars were over $30,000 shows us that you dont know what youre talking about.

another thing, so you think a jeep wrangler is gonna beat a GT? i think you need to go slit your wrist sir. i have beat an RSX, RSX type S, Stratus, Civic SI, Integra GSR, Celica and have seen a GT beat the focus SVT. So you cant tell me that those cars will stomp my ass b/c they didnt when they had the chance.

and didnt the guy say NA? do you know what NA means? we know that just about every FI car will dog us, thats why we left them out.
Old 11-14-2004, 11:34 PM   #17
eclipsed4utoo
AF Fanatic

Re: Re: V6 mustung V.S. V6 eclipse who would win

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychotic_z
91-93 Acura NSX (under 30k)(270hp, 3.0L V6)
hey asked about brand new cars under $30,000. since when is a '93 brand new?
Old 11-14-2004, 11:53 PM   #18
3kgt8
AF Enthusiast

a civic si beating a gt? thats a joke. more than half of those cars you listed can be beaten by a gt. why is it that everyone underrates these cars? its no 2g turbo but it can still beat a lot of 4 and 6 cylinder cars.
Old 11-15-2004, 12:14 AM   #19
sivic02
AF Enthusiast

i drive an 02 civic si, my girlfriend drives an 01 eclipse gt so i know. Stock to stock (or hers basically stock), we have raced she wins every time. After mild performance suspension mods my si wins just because its gearing is shorter.

Keep in mind that we both race often, so when we race eachother its not like its 2 kids who dont know how to drive driving. So that at least takes care of the si thing!
Old 11-15-2004, 03:25 AM   #20
psychotic_z
AF Newbie

Talking Re: Re: V6 mustung V.S. V6 eclipse who would win

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipsed4utoo
psychotic_z, i think you miss read. he said 4cyl, 6cyl NA stock under $30,000. yeah most of those cars would beat a v6 eclipse, but those are not under $30,000.
not under $30,000:
G35 http://www.infiniti.com/content/0,,a...-75219,00.html
$32,000

S2000 http://automobiles.honda.com/models/...rDetected=True $33,000

Z3 http://www.bmwusa.com/vehicles/Z4/25i
thats the Z4, which is just as slow as the GT eclipse
$34,000

the fact that you didnt know these cars were over $30,000 shows us that you dont know what youre talking about.

another thing, so you think a jeep wrangler is gonna beat a GT? i think you need to go slit your wrist sir. i have beat an RSX, RSX type S, Stratus, Civic SI, Integra GSR, Celica and have seen a GT beat the focus SVT. So you cant tell me that those cars will stomp my ass b/c they didnt when they had the chance.

and didnt the guy say NA? do you know what NA means? we know that just about every FI car will dog us, thats why we left them out.
Touched a nerve, did I?

You're looking at MSRP's... For those who don't know, it stands for "Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price". Suggested is the word you'll want to look at. If you stroll down to any of your local dealerships, you'll never walk away with one of these cars at MSRP. More importantly, you'll notice '05 S2000's invoice price is $29,640. We may never actually pay this price due the middleman dealership, but this is the actual cost of the vehicle. $29,640 < $30,000. I can say that the S2000's actual price then is less than $30,000. I win there.

Again, look at MSN Autos as I posted. This website lists the invoice price, MSRP, and price range that you will pay for new and used vehicles.

Some of these cars do barely tip over $30,000 MSRP(S2000), I'm sorry you can't read between the lines, but it merely shows that many cars exist, several with only an inline-four, that will destroy the high and mighty GT in a race.

The G35 is only over $30,000 fully loaded (MSN Autos), btw.

I think YOU misread: The Z4 and the Z3 are different cars, different prices. The Z4 is a different incarnation of the Z3 and targeted more at the Porsche Boxster and $40k-$50k market. The most recent Z3, however, was the 2002 model that peaks at about $28,000 by Kelley's Blue Book. That and all the years before are less than $30,000 and will outrun a GT. Not to rub it in, having driven one with the smallest engine, I can tell you honestly the GT would fall victim to even the 2.5L I6, not to mention the 3.0L.

I thought that would stir someone up... The Wrangler is surprisingly quick with its 4.0L, you'd be surprised. With its low gearing and gobs of torque available early on, it'll get you and most other "quick" cars off the line and down the 1/8 mi. It can always run you over if you win, anyhow.

Have you been to the drag strip? You honestly have to know that racing from light to light and drag racing can't be compared. Have you raced any of these cars legally, on a strip? I've heard that GT's are low 15-second maybe high 14-second cars in the 1/4 mile (15.2s as tested by Motor Trend, that's a 210hp GTS). As slow as that actually is, the GSR you mentioned will beat you out assuming equal drivers (I've seen a best of 14.8 on a stock GSR), the Stratus I mentioned (not the 4 cylinder... congratulations defeating a 2.4L 142hp in a 3200lb car, really the achievement Mario Andretti, isn't it?) has the same curb weight and same V6 as the GT but with a DOHC cylinder head which means you raced a base model Stratus again, and you lose. The RSX Type S consistantly produces mid to high 14-second timeslips (which I'll post if you'd like, although it wouldn't prove anything) which, let's go back to this math thing: mid-14 second < high 14-second/low 15-seconds. Type S wins. The base model RSX, again, you could beat. We know that already. Thanks for adding that in again.

To the SI driver... I may have been wrong about the recent generation of SI's. The 00-01 SI's, with the B16A3 and not the K-series motor are a little lighter than this new generation. The 1.6 SI's usually run low, low 15's stock. You losing to your girlfriend could be attributed to the extra pounds that the new generation Civic has. Regardless, I might have been wrong, but it would be close race nonetheless. The same goes with the Del Sol VTEC, as they both have the same engine.

Celicas again post mid to high-14 second times right next to the GSR. In fact, it has 10 more ponies than the GSR. Either way, you lose.

Anyway, I think I nailed everything you said. There's really no point in arguing about it. The Eclipse GT is not the fastest car around, and certainly not the fastest V6 under $30,000. You should be able to admit that. If I left something out, please do tell though. All of the data I mentioned above was posted on autos.msn.com, so you kids can do your research there if you're interested. The 1/4 mile figures and such vary from driver to driver, track to track, and I can't prove those to be true beyond word of mouth. However, the Honda/Acura times come off actual timeslips from Honda-Tech.com posts. I'm sure you can poke around in model specfic forums and find 1/4 mile times for stock models.

However, just food for thought, I'll rip your ego some more. These are actual "Road Test Results" out of the August '04 Motor Trend. Note that they don't have every car tested (they probably do on their website), but only the newest cars with changes in the last model year or two. This is just another sampling of "brand new" cars. Enjoy.

................................................As tested Eng 0/60 1/4mi

Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS Spyder/'03....$28,000.....3.0L....6.9s...15.2s

Chevy Impala SS V6/'04.................$27,995.....3.8L...6.5s....14. 7s
Honda Accord V6 Coupe/'03............$26,000.....3.0L...6.3s...14.5s
Honda Accord V6 Sedan/'03............$28,890.....3.0L...6.5s...14.9s
Honda S2000/'04..I4......................$33,840.....2.2L...5. 8s...14.2s
Mitsubishi Galant V6/'04.................$26,292.....3.8L....6.8s...15. 1s
Volkswagen R32/'04.......................$30,625.....3.2L...5.9s. ..14.2s
Old 11-15-2004, 10:36 AM   #21
eclipsed4utoo
AF Fanatic

i never said that the GT was the fastest car around. i just said that i couldnt think of any cars under that criteria that could beat a GT. i was also thinking more of performance cars. i know that the new accords will stomp us, and the new maximas will stomp us. i was thinking more of two door cars. i got my figures from the manufactors websites. i used those b/c price varies from dealer to dealer. a cars thats $32,000 where i live, could be $29000 where you live. thats why i went to the manufactor to see what they have them priced for.
Old 11-15-2004, 12:18 PM   #22
dickswhip00gs
AF Enthusiast

damn, psychoticz really gets into this! I have an idea... get off the computer and get laid.
who the F cares about what car will beat what.
psychotic probably drives a ricer honda and hes just upset. or is the z supposed to stand for datsun or some overrated nissan. remember the original question was about a V6 mustang and the V6 eclipse. to finally answer the question, yes, to eclipse owns the mustang, hands down. psycotic- you should spend your friday nights tryin to hook up with the ladies, not in front of your computer with your king size box of Kleenex.
Old 11-15-2004, 02:00 PM   #23
eclipsed4utoo
AF Fanatic

he drives an acura integra...probabaly riced out just like a honda. hes just jealous b/c stock for stock, our cars are faster, and look better than his.
Old 11-15-2004, 03:25 PM   #24
3kgt8
AF Enthusiast

yea psychoticz has too much time on his hands. and about a gsr running a 14.8 that is bull. also i dont know why people make the rsx-s seem like the fastest car around.it does low 15s and high 14s, but its not way faster than our cars, as a matter of fact, a gt vs an rsx-s should be a drivers race with weight being the advantage for the acura.
Old 11-15-2004, 04:13 PM   #25
eclipsed4utoo
AF Fanatic

yeah we eclipse owners seem to know that, but obviously he doesnt. maybe he should take his knowledge of cars back to the honda/acura forum.
Old 11-15-2004, 06:36 PM   #26
andrewken
AF Enthusiast

I am the one who posted the very broad statement. I was not saying that NO CAR UNDER 30,000 DOLLARS BRAND NEW and is a 4 or 6 cylinder NA engine will beat us.... I MEANT THAT USUALLY OUR ECLIPSE GT V6 5 SPEED HAS A FIGHTING CHANCE TO BEAT MOST OF THE CARS UNDER THAT CRITIA.

I know that there are some cars under that critia that will smoke us, but not as many as we can smoke.

Accord V6 will smoke us
S2000 even though its over 30000 in 99% of the US, will smoke us
The Nissan 350z which meets all of the requirements, will smoke us

Argue with me all that you want, I really do not care
Old 11-15-2004, 07:21 PM   #27
3G GT
AF Newbie

I raced a 98 Integra GSR with CAI and exhaust. I was running only on an AEM CAI. I beat him by like 1 1/2 to 2 cars. so i think our cars can beat on GSR and celica GT-S. Mine is a GT
Old 11-15-2004, 09:02 PM   #28
psychotic_z
AF Newbie

Re: Re: V6 mustung V.S. V6 eclipse who would win

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickswhip00gs
damn, psychoticz really gets into this! I have an idea... get off the computer and get laid.
who the F cares about what car will beat what.
psychotic probably drives a ricer honda and hes just upset. or is the z supposed to stand for datsun or some overrated nissan. remember the original question was about a V6 mustang and the V6 eclipse. to finally answer the question, yes, to eclipse owns the mustang, hands down. psycotic- you should spend your friday nights tryin to hook up with the ladies, not in front of your computer with your king size box of Kleenex.
Bwahahaha, I'm getting E-thugged by the V6 Econo-box crew. I *do* drive an Acura, thanks for noticing!

Dude, seriously, how many cars have you guys driven? You really think the new Eclipse is fast? The Eclipse V6 is slow, it's a FWD shit-stain on the whole fucking sports car market. It's a fucking econo-box, you guys should be debating how many grocerys fit in the trunk of your car or how to get your lipstick stain off the dash, not how many Mustangs and Toyota Echo's you can blow the doors off of.. Wow, it can beat a V6 Mustang! My little stock "riced out Honda" hands them their ass... My friend's Daewoo gives Mustangs a run for their money... Props to you guys!

You guys might consider dropping your welfare checks on a different car company, maybe one that's not going into bankruptcy..maybe one that makes a V6 "sports car" that can outrun 4 cylinders. Peace!
Old 11-15-2004, 10:01 PM   #29
eclipsed4utoo
AF Fanatic

we're sorry that our econo box piece of shit car can beat you. you dont have to take it out on us. if our car is so slow, then why does the acura integra (which just happens to be the car that you drive) always lose to a V6 eclipse? looks to me like somebody doesnt have a life. you come over here from you ricer boys forum just to flame us and tell us our car is slow. thats really pathetic man. do you really think we are taking you seriously?
Old 11-16-2004, 01:19 AM   #30
3kgt8
AF Enthusiast

man this guy is nuts, i say we ignore him since he will probably continue with this nonsense. man i cant believe these ricers. no wonder hes name is psychotic, he's that and more.

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse 2000+