Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Audio Do you live in your car? Then you need to be able to listen to some high-quality music.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-30-2001, 02:35 AM   #1
dreemkill
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to dreemkill Send a message via AIM to dreemkill Send a message via Yahoo to dreemkill
problem/question

ok...so i figured it wouldnt take me long to funk something up with my new setup.....it took meerly a week! here goes.........

so, christmas day....i decide its time to build a tempory enclosure for a couple subs i just got (from the king of POOR WIRE CAPPING[SPARQ!]@$#!@) got the box built, throw it in the back...proceed to hook everything back up...
and sure enough, just as the previous *6* wire ends, the + from the cap decides to pop off just as i am about to re-charge the cap...and the resistor thingy that you need to charge/discharge actually blew in 2 pieces.........anyone know what i should be looking for to replace it? there are several elec. places here, so location wont be a problem, just need to know exactly what im looking for...

(btw - sparq, i 'aint hatin on you' or anything...........it was just hard not to notice that every single wire end had to be re-crimped in 2 days, and being that it was 10 below outside....well, i got a bit annoyed )

love, justin
dreemkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2001, 10:48 AM   #2
xivera
AF Enthusiast

Hmmm... what parts are missing? Describe them.

Your first mod = HELMS MANUAL!!!
xivera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2001, 01:30 PM   #3
dreemkill
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via ICQ to dreemkill Send a message via AIM to dreemkill Send a message via Yahoo to dreemkill
the capacitor comes with a small resistor (a wire with a certain rated ceramic thingy in the middle) looks like: ---------=----------

well, i went to charge it, and it blew in 2... -------" ;---------- rendering it useless i just need the resistror thing so i can charge the cap again.
dreemkill is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio