Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mercury > General Discussion
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-11-2014, 03:54 PM   #1
wyodan59
AF Regular

keyless entry

My daughter just took ownership of a 2006 Mercury Mariner premier. The dealer had no information on the keyless entry combination. Is there a quick fix to be able to use this feature ie resetting something? Or would that be something a Ford dealership would need to do? It would suck to own this vehicle and not be able to use this function.
Thanks
wyodan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 06:52 AM   #2
shorod
SHO No Mo

Re: keyless entry

You're referring to the 5-button keypad on the driver's door, correct?

If you received an owner's manual for the Mariner, check for a card with the code. If no card, then scan through the owner's manual. Sometimes folks write the 5-digit code inside the front or rear cover or in the section related to the keyless entry keypad.

Many professional scan tools have the ability to access the code but you may end up paying around $100 for a shop to connect their scan tool. Another option would be to locate the keyless entry module and inspect it for a white sticker with black numbers on it. Often the module has a sticker with the 5-digit code printed on it.

If you need help determining where the keyless entry/Remote Anti-theft Personality (RAP) module is located and you didn't find the code written in the owner's manual, post back here confirming the keypad code is what you're after.

-Rod
shorod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 01:21 PM   #3
wyodan59
AF Regular

Hello. There was no owners manule in the vehicle when it was purchased. I don't know why the owners manual is ever out of the car. I have every owners manual and have sold all with the vehicle. The 5 diget code is what I am after. I read somewhere that there is a sticker on a deck lid. I have been all over this vehicle looking for any sticker. I realize the concern over security for others. If you can help me through this. It wouldbe greatly appreciated.
Old 12-21-2014, 04:48 PM   #4
shorod
SHO No Mo

The Smart Junction Box (SJB) is the box that controls the power locks and interfaces with the keypad on the driver's door. It is located behind the fuse box on the driver's side, down by the brake pedal. There is probably a white sticker with a black 5-digit code affixed somewhere to the SJB. Sometimes the sticker may be on the top surface though which is nearly impossible to see without a borescope or dental mirror.

As for the owner's manual, a lot of people like to keep owner's manuals from cars they own, but I'm not sure why. I doubt that any of the people that keep the manuals ever look at them again. You can download a PDF copy of the owner's manual from this website for future reference though.

-Rod
The Following User Says Thank You to shorod For This Useful Post:
wyodan59 (01-18-2015)
Old 12-25-2014, 01:06 AM   #5
wyodan59
AF Regular

I located the fuse access door by the brake pedal. There is nothing behind the door. No fuse block or SJB. just empty space. Is there somewhere else to look for this SJB? I had a mirror in the access door and could see nothing that resembled a junction block.
Old 12-25-2014, 08:49 AM   #6
shorod
SHO No Mo

I don't have a lot to go off of. According to the factory service manual the below image represents the SJB (Item 5). Does this image seem to match the area you were looking? Are you certain her Mariner is a 2006 model? What's the build month and year? Maybe it will align with one year older or newer....

-Rod
wyodan59 (01-18-2015)
Old 01-10-2015, 12:35 AM   #7
wyodan59
AF Regular

The picture does not resemble anything I see. The build is 2/06. according to the door sticker. Do they locate the SJB in different places? Where is this picture located on the car?
Dan
Old 01-10-2015, 12:18 PM   #8
shorod
SHO No Mo

I took a look at the manual again and reviewed the instructions for replacing the SJB. I've pasted them below. Based on these, and the connector location view, it appears the SJB is actually in the center stack between the driver's and passenger areas, probably behind the radio and climate controls.

1. NOTE: Prior to removal of the smart junction box (SJB), it is necessary to upload module configuration information to a diagnostic tool. This information needs to be downloaded into the new module once installed. For additional information, refer to Section 418-01 .
    Disconnect the battery. For additional information, refer to Section 414-01 .
  1. Remove the floor console SJB cover.
  1. Remove the transmission selector lever bezel from the floor console finish panel.
  1. Apply the parking brake.
  1. Remove the parking brake lever boot from the floor console finish panel.
  1. Remove the floor console finish panel.
  1. Remove the SJB screw.
  1. Disconnect the electrical connectors and remove the SJB.
Installation
  1. Install the SJB and connect the electrical connectors.
  1. Position the SJB and install the screw.
  1. Install the floor console finish panel.
  1. Install the parking brake lever boot into the floor console finish panel.
  1. Release the parking brake.
  1. Install the transmission selector lever bezel into the floor console finish panel.
  1. Install the floor console SJB cover.
  1. Connect the battery. For additional information, refer to Section 414-01 .
  1. NOTE: When successful, this step provides the calibration necessary for the SJB operation and clears DTC B2477. The clearing of the DTC indicates the calibration data has been successfully downloaded to the SJB.
    Download the SJB configuration information from the diagnostic tool to the SJB. For additional information, refer to Section 418-01 .
  1. NOTE: When successful, this step clears DTCs B2868, B2869, B2870 and B2871. The clearing of these DTCs indicates the SJB has recognized the tire pressure sensors during the training procedure.
    Train the tire pressure sensors. For additional information, refer to Section 204-04 .
  1. Clear the DTCs.
  1. NOTE: This step is required to clear DTC C2780, cause the SJB to exit the manufacturing mode, and to be sure there are no other concerns with the newly programmed SJB.
    Carry out the SJB on-demand self-test.
  1. Clear continuous DTCs and then check to ensure there are no additional codes present.
wyodan59 (01-18-2015)
Old 01-10-2015, 12:27 PM   #9
shorod
SHO No Mo

Notice C2280b at grid location A-5.

-Rod
wyodan59 (01-18-2015)
Old 01-18-2015, 05:02 PM   #10
wyodan59
AF Regular

I found the sjb in the console as your post indicated. The code was there and not easy to see. Thank you very very much for the help. My daughter is very happy that she can use the code. Thanks again for the help!!!!
Dan and Jovie
Old 01-18-2015, 05:21 PM   #11
shorod
SHO No Mo

That's great to hear. Thank you for the follow-up. I'm sorry I sent you down the wrong path initially, but I'm glad you ultimately found the code.

-Rod
Old 05-30-2016, 01:48 PM   #12
Paulmidi
AF Newbie

on a 2007 Mercury Montego does anyone know where the Keyless Entry Code would be?
Paulmidi is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mercury > General Discussion