Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Camaro | Firebird > Firebird Discussions
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 12:57 PM   #1
Iron
AF Regular

30th vs 2002 Collector's Value

After finishing university and all that I am finally in a position to buy a nice Trans Am, which was my High School dream car. I have found 2 that interest me: a 1999 30th Anniversary Edition, and a 2002 Collector's Edition. The 1999 needs some interior work and has more miles, but is cheaper to compensate for this. The 2002 has fewer miles and is in better shape, but is more expensive. Ultimately if I really wanted the 1999 30th edition, for example, I would buy it and fix whatever it needed. The problem is that I am pretty much split 50/50 on which bird I like more...I really love them both. My question is regarding the value of the two cars if all factors were equal. The 1999's seem to be much rarer than the 2002's; are they worth more? I can't bring up a bunch of them to generate a mean price myself since there are so few of them to compare, especially in my area. For whatever reason I've always liked things that were considered rare and different, so if the 1999s really are rarer as it seems, it may sway me to picking that one over the 2002. If not so much I'm going back to square one and trying to decide which one I like more again. It's almost coming to a coinflip. Thanks for responses!

95' Z28, 00' GTP
Iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 11:52 PM   #2
tuske427
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to tuske427
Re: 30th vs 2002 Collector's Value

I say get the one you like. If you're looking for a financial investment get into the stock market.

Having said that, IMO- the 2002 CETA may prove to be worth more later on as it's the final year for the car. (typically first or last years of cars are more regarded by collectors) It also comes stock with the ls6 intake, and no EGR valve assembly by the intake, if you care about that sort of thing.

You can always do a "search completed auctions" on ebay for items that have sold. I find this a good tool as it tells me what the car actually sold for, not just what some fool thinks his car is worth.

I hope this helps.
Old 02-03-2014, 03:28 PM   #3
79Bandit
AF Enthusiast

Re: 30th vs 2002 Collector's Value

I second tuske - Cars aren't investments (well not retirement plans). Seeing as they are both pretty new finding parts for them will be equally easy. So get the one you like the most. If your not sure which one it is wait until you do. There will always be another one but I can tell you from personal experience getting a car you like then finding one you love sucks! Hope that helps a little.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Camaro | Firebird > Firebird Discussions