Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > E Series
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
E Series Forum covers questions and discussions regarding Ford E-150, Ford E-250, Ford E-350, and Ford E-450.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 12:56 PM   #16
edford
AF Newbie

Re: bleeding a cluth slave clyliner

Quote:
Originally Posted by edford View Post
I can get in truck not running and pump pedal and have 1/2 pedal but not hard ,almost hard. It pumps enough to change gears while the motor not running. but if the truck is running i can pump pump and almost get enough pedal to change while truck is motor is running, but can't get enough to change while motor running. So if i cut truck off i change gears , then start it with clutch pushed in., but it tryed to takes off, even with clutch pushed to floor board ???
I tryed again this morning, i have to pimp lot to get little over half pedad, but it still not enough to change gears when i motor running, the hose i guess coming from the master clinder is high pres. well the master clinder fluid level dont goes down so, i assume the hose is not leaking. also no fluid on the hose . where could the air be?? it got to have air or it wouldnt pump up some ,after you pump the clutch 50 times ????
edford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 01:44 PM   #17
edford
AF Newbie

Quote:
I can get in truck not running and pump pedal and have 1/2 pedal but not hard ,almost hard. It pumps enough to change gears while the motor not running. but if the truck is running i can pump pump and almost get enough pedal to change while truck is motor is running, but can't get enough to change while motor running. So if i cut truck off i change gears , then start it with clutch pushed in., but it tryed to takes off, even with clutch pushed to floor board ???
Alos the push rod on the master clinder has bend and broke off 2 times in one year. also last year i had a new clutch pressureplate and throw out bearing put in what could be wrong ? Maybe the master clinder letting ait behind the plunger inside the master clinder ???
Old 01-12-2011, 10:14 AM   #18
Scrapper
AF Premium User

Quote:
Alos the push rod on the master clinder has bend and broke off 2 times in one year. also last year i had a new clutch pressureplate and throw out bearing put in what could be wrong ? Maybe the master clinder letting ait behind the plunger inside the master clinder ???
lets start over when you bleed slave cyl are you getting pure fluid or does it like air and fluid if it's pure fluid then i would think pressure plate like i say are you getting pure fluid on bleeding slave cyl?
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 05:19 PM   #19
edford
AF Newbie

Quote:
ok I got 3/4 clutch pedal now stll wont release while motor running. also now i have lost the spacer that goes on the slave clinder ,there at the bracket. does anyone know where i can get one? also does that spacer go in front of metal bracket on slave clinder ,or behind the meat bracket there at slace cllinder??
Old 01-12-2011, 06:15 PM   #20
edford
AF Newbie

On a clutch slave clylinder , is the fluid just behind the plumger or complely inside the slave clylinder ? This thing driving me nuts help
Old 01-12-2011, 06:22 PM   #21
edford
AF Newbie

Also the fluid line going from the master clutch to the slave cylinder the fiiting on the end of that lines, are they just fitting/ , or are they some kind of check values??
Old 01-24-2011, 06:54 PM   #22
edford
AF Newbie

Quote:
Also the fluid line going from the master clutch to the slave cylinder the fiiting on the end of that lines, are they just fitting/ , or are they some kind of check values??
UPDATE
The master cylinder was letting air escape, also the the fittings on the fluid hose on end at master clylinder,and at slave clylinder [ARE] just FITTING .

Also what was breaking my push rod on master clylinder was = The clucth fork on bell houseing ,when u push pedal down the clutch fork will move and botton OUT, on the bell houseing. I really need a new one ,but i just took the old out and grind some of it , so it wouldn't bottom OUT. Also the top of the clutch fork had been hitting on something ,maybe the pressure plate, but anyway i grind some metal off also on the top and made it smooth.Probbaly new clutch fork would even make it better, but i didnt really have the money ,so i fixed mine good enough ! hope this help SOMEONE . I worked several days on this, not one mechinic told anywhere told me to check the clutch fork to see if it was bottomng OUT when you push pedal in. The clutch fork easy to get out .Thanks for your suggestions, ed
Old 02-25-2011, 05:02 AM   #23
bnerobi13
AF Newbie

Chosen by Voters

Yes it's normal. I did for a day or two.
bnerobi13 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > E Series