Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Geo > Nova | Prizm | Spectrum | Sprint
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 08:55 PM   #1
WS6 Formula
AF Newbie

1999 Chevy Prizm started running rough, misfire in # 1 and # 4 cylinders

My 1999 Chevy Prizm started running rough. I checked it with a code reader and it revealed that I had a misfire in # 1 and # 4 cylinders. I then checked the plugs and found # 1 appeared to be fouled out. I replaced all of my plugs and cleared my check engine light. I drove it and it seemed fine for a day or so. Then the problem reappeared. I added some injector cleaner that doesn't seem to be helping. I'm thinking of replacing the plug wires, but I ohmned them out and ohmned out a new set at the auto parts store and got the same readings. I got 122,000 miles on the car. Any ideas?
WS6 Formula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 04:35 PM   #2
snivley whiplash
AF Newbie

Re: 1999 Chevy Prizm started running rough, misfire in # 1 and # 4 cylinders

maybe possible the 02 sensor is bad causing rich running condition, when was it changed last?
snivley whiplash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 01:36 PM   #3
ikejones
AF Newbie

Re: 1999 Chevy Prizm started running rough, misfire in # 1 and # 4 cylinders

i am having this same problem right now. it runs rough and barely makes it up hills.I changed the plugs and wires, then i had a misfire in 2 and 4 i beleve it was, so i changed the coil pack, it ran like a champ for a day now today its doing it again. is there a cam sensor on the prism or is it an o2 sensor? please help
ikejones is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Geo > Nova | Prizm | Spectrum | Sprint