Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Neon | Plymouth Neon
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 11:04 AM   #1
dhashton8288
AF Newbie

Question 03 dodge neon sxt idle problem causing vibration

Me and my wife bought a used 2003 dodge neon sxt with 70k. recently we had to have the transmission rebuilt. After doing so the check engine light was coming on and it was a vac prob. after fixing that it came on once again and that time it was the oil sensor. so we replaced that and while replacing that we also replaced the motor mounts because there was some vibration. After replacing the oil sensor and both motor mounts the car started vibrating really bad at a stop light while in gear. It stopped when she put it in neutral but now it's doing it in both. Please help we have been researching on this problem and can not figure it out. If you know what we can do please let us know. You would be a big help to both of us. Thanks.
dhashton8288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 10:34 PM   #2
HikinTech
AF Newbie

Re: 03 dodge neon sxt idle problem causing vibration

Hey, This exact same thing is happening to me right now. Did you ever figure out what the problem was?
HikinTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 10:54 PM   #3
bloe03se
AF Newbie

Re: 03 dodge neon sxt idle problem causing vibration

My car does the something aswell.

When I first bought the car I really liked it but the last few months more and more crap has been happening to it.

Actually when mine started idling like crap it was right after I had the oil changed and fuel system cleand at WalMart, that was a big mistake. I even had a bad feeling when the mechanic asked me but i went ahead anyways. the next day I called up walmart and talked to the Manager and got nothing but excuses.
So piece of advice and never have WalMart work on your car.

I really believe that alot of the neons with idling problems is from vacume leaks. The mecanic at walmart had told me that they put the fuel system cleaner in from the vacume line off the powerbooster. I have checked for a leak before but never found one. well hopefully we find an answer to this idling problem bacause it drives me nuts at stop lights. as for my i too have replaced the motor mounts.
bloe03se is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Neon | Plymouth Neon