Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Audio and Videos
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 02:51 AM   #1
mtcs
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to mtcs Send a message via MSN to mtcs
Amplifier setup help...

I am running 2 amplifiers in my eclipse. The first is to power my component speakers, the second is to power my sub. My question is how do I 'split' the remote wire to goes to both amps. Do I just splice somewhere and feed off of that to both or what?

Thanks

Ben
2.3 Storker, 6 bolt, XACT flywheel, ACT Clutch, B&M shifter, DC SPORT Carbon steel strut tower bars, EVO2 exhaust, 1000cc injectors,Aeromoive rail, MBC boost controller, PTE 6152SP, SBR exhaust manifold, TIAL BOV, SBR FMIC, TEIN SS, Walbro fuel pump, AEM EMS, AEM UEGO, FP turbo intake, Aeromotive FPR, Magnus intake, 62mm throttlebody, Stoptech big brake kit, brembo rear slotted discs, Stage 2 Shep transmission (quafe), sparco fighter seats, sparco harnesses
Old 07-16-2007, 12:48 AM   #2
vanilla gorilla
AF Enthusiast

Re: Amplifier setup help...

I always like to put a switch on the remote wire of my amps. What I do is run the remote wire from a constant power source when the car is on (something in the fuse box like cigarette lighter fuse, etc.) (or power antenna wire off the back of the cd player). I run the remote wire from the constant to the switch. Then another wire from the other side of the switch to the amp. If you want both amps to be on at the same time the just run two remote wires from the switch to the amps, one to each amp. Or if you want them seperate..which I always do, I have a seperate switch for each amp. I'm not good at explaining stuff but hopefully I helped somewhat.

'99 Spyder 2.4 5-speed - Red/black,14b,slow
'96 Eclipse GST 5-speed - Paint
www.myspace.com/ballsoutperformance
Old 07-16-2007, 09:09 AM   #3
SilvrEclipse
Holset powered 420a

Send a message via AIM to SilvrEclipse

Yes you can split the wire anywhere
Megasquirt 2 - Holset HY35 Turbo - Built motor - P&P Head and Intake - 3" Turbo back - FMIC - Greddy RZ BOV - Walbro 255 - Aeromotive AFPR - 650cc Injectors - Fidanza Flywheel - Zoom clutch - 13" Cobra Front Brakes - AEM WB - Devilsown meth injection - 3.55 Final Drive gear ratio

1981 Chevy Scottsdale
1987 Nissan 300zx - Chump Car
2001 BMW 325i - DD
Old 07-16-2007, 01:20 PM   #4
97gs-t teamrtv
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to 97gs-t teamrtv Send a message via MSN to 97gs-t teamrtv Send a message via Yahoo to 97gs-t teamrtv

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilvrEclipse
Yes you can split the wire anywhere
Yes you can split the remote wire anywhere. It does not carry much power at all.
97 gs-t: Guages: boost, oil pressure and temp, water temp and volts. AEM cam gears, short throw shifter, hks ssqv, injen intake, brembo drilled rotors, akebono ceramic pads, sportline springs & koni ajustables, Strut bars: front, rear and lower rear tie bar. Evo III manifold and o2, megan downpipe, Apexi N1 catback, 16g, 190 fuel pump and FMIC.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:24 PM   #5
rickyrickster25
AF Regular

Whenever I did it i just ran one remote wire back and spliced in another wire and ran each wire to the amps... never had a problem...
Interior:
Blue Glow Dash Guages & HVAC Controls, Neon Accents, Custom Dash Work\Paint, Alpine Type-R/JL Audio System, Custom Trunk Layout

*GOAL* - Prove Him Wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderEstimate Me
I doubt bolt-ons will get you to 160hp on the 420a. Unless you have some dyno sheets Im calling bs.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:01 PM   #6
SilvrEclipse
Holset powered 420a

Send a message via AIM to SilvrEclipse

Come on now, you know better than to bring back a thread that is 8 months old....
Megasquirt 2 - Holset HY35 Turbo - Built motor - P&P Head and Intake - 3" Turbo back - FMIC - Greddy RZ BOV - Walbro 255 - Aeromotive AFPR - 650cc Injectors - Fidanza Flywheel - Zoom clutch - 13" Cobra Front Brakes - AEM WB - Devilsown meth injection - 3.55 Final Drive gear ratio

1981 Chevy Scottsdale
1987 Nissan 300zx - Chump Car
2001 BMW 325i - DD

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse/Talon/Laser > Audio and Videos