Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Renault > Laguna/Laguna II
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 07:22 PM   #1
Missk
AF Newbie

Hopeless Laguna

I have just picked up my 2003 2.2 DCi Sport Tourer from the garage where it had its new gearbox fitted. I have only had it 10 months and in that time it's also had a new engine (it broke 10 minutes after I bought it - still under warranty - phew) ! The air con doesn't work, neither does the trip computer and the boot wouldn't open for a while either. Then it wouldn't close. It has done 27,000 miles. Have I bought the worst car in the world ? Are all Lagunas like this ? Ps I bought it from a Renault dealer where it had been the company car of two employees at that franchise.
Missk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2007, 08:28 AM   #2
Stefanel1
AF Enthusiast

Re: Hopeless Laguna

All the Laguna II are hopefully not like that ! But the first models (year 2001) have had some electronic problems, then resolved the year after.
Though, your Laguna is a 2003 model, so it's suprising that it has so much problems. Maybe the car has had problems (maybe an incident ?)or while changing the engine, the workers have not made their work correctly ?
Or you've bought the classic 0,5% of the "problematic cars" of the production. You know, these cars which have always problems, never really resolved, in every make, every model...

Citroën C6 - Alfa Romeo 159
Stefanel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 07:24 PM   #3
Missk
AF Newbie

I think the guys were DRUNK when they built my car ! Anyway the turbo has blown now so I'm off to buy a Skoda - never see them on the back of a truck !
Missk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 12:09 PM   #4
Stefanel1
AF Enthusiast

Be careful with the Tdi of the Volkswagen Group, you should be not very happy about the reliability of your new car (problems of debitmeter, turbo, egr, etc.).
I you want a sportwagon, look also at :
- The Citroën C5 Touring hdi (end of life, good prices, good reliability, excellent comfort and handling, very big inside, etc.)
- The Fiat Croma jtd (excellent price/equipment, big inside, reliable)
- The Alfa 159 Sportwagon jtd if you can afford it, wonderful and many qualities.
- The Peugeot 407 SW hdi
- The Honda Accor Tourer
- The Volvo V50
etc.etc.

Citroën C6 - Alfa Romeo 159
Stefanel1 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Renault > Laguna/Laguna II