Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse 2000+
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Closed Thread Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 12:14 PM   #31
rodbls
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to rodbls
Re: dual exhaust for 01' Eclipse GT?

There are plenty of threads on this forum relating to suspension...search around a little. But to help you out right now, most of the 3G owners are very happy with the KYB AGX shocks and Eibach Proline springs. I have this setup and it looks real good. I am however thinking about cutting a half a coil or so off the front springs to get a little lower in the front because there is still a pretty decent wheel well gap that I'd like to get rid of a little more.
Mods: SPEC 2+ Clutch, Fidanza Flywheel, PowerStop Rotors, Red Stuff Pads, Stainless Brake Lines, B&M Short Shifter, Energy Suspension Shifter Bushings, Deyeme Firm Motor Mounts, KYB AGX shocks with Eibach Proline springs, Halo Projector Headlights with HID 12000K Conversion, TYC Carbon Tails, Kicker SS6.5 Component Front, SS MB8 Custom rear, Tsunami 2F Capacitor, ***New Stuff*** JVC KD-AV7010 In Dash DVD Player, Kicker L7 12" Woofer, Kenwood KAC-X10D Mono Amp
Old 08-08-2006, 01:19 PM   #32
808drifter
AF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodbls
There are plenty of threads on this forum relating to suspension...search around a little. But to help you out right now, most of the 3G owners are very happy with the KYB AGX shocks and Eibach Proline springs. I have this setup and it looks real good. I am however thinking about cutting a half a coil or so off the front springs to get a little lower in the front because there is still a pretty decent wheel well gap that I'd like to get rid of a little more.
or if you got the $$$$ get coilovers (im getting JIC's in a few months)
Old 08-08-2006, 02:53 PM   #33
moto_gdo
AF Newbie

Lowering Springs???

Hey bro do u kno wats wrong with using Coilover kits to drop my car??? ive been hearing all kinds of smack about those springs, but i dont think there bad do recomend them for me??? do u have Coilz????
Old 08-08-2006, 03:19 PM   #34
808drifter
AF Enthusiast

Re: Lowering Springs???

Quote:
Originally Posted by moto_gdo
Hey bro do u kno wats wrong with using Coilover kits to drop my car??? ive been hearing all kinds of smack about those springs, but i dont think there bad do recomend them for me??? do u have Coilz????
If your just looking to lower the car go the drop spring route. If you plan on racing save for the coilovers. There are 2 companys that make for our car (that i'd buy from at least), one is Tein the other is JIC. There are rumors that HKS is in the prosses of developing one though.
Old 08-08-2006, 10:01 PM   #35
moto_gdo
AF Newbie

Lowering Springs???

i do plan on racing but wat i dont get is in time will the Coilover kit mess my ride up??? cuz i kno tat Coilz lower ur car to the ground but i dont kno how trust wurthy they are, my friend told me tat Coilz. mess ur ride up do to the matrial.....so should i go with the Coilz for racing or just the Springs for racing???
Old 08-09-2006, 07:09 AM   #36
rodbls
AF Enthusiast

Well...the beauty of coil overs is that the height is adjustable...so it isnt slammed to the ground unless you want it to be. Also, Nothing will mess your ride up if you do it right (although, coil overs will make your ride feel like a sack of bricks, nothing is wrong). They could possible strain your drivetrain due to the very harsh ride, but it has nothing to do with the material of the coil overs, it all has to do with the overall structural integrity of the rest of your drivetrain. If you plan on over beefing up one part of your car, it could possible do damage to other stock components (just like if you are boostin your car, and you decide not to put a high torque clutch in it you will blow your clutch in no time, which in turn will mess up your tranny). If you go fast you also need to slow fast, so brakes are also another often forgotten thing to upgrade. Everything must be done in equals, little bits at a time, or if you have the money just beef everything up at the same time (unfortunately this is often never the case). Your car needs to work togeather with itself, so having components on your ride that compliment the performance of each other is critical. And I will stress this again....coil overs will bruise your kidneys if you drive it on regular streets all the time.
Mods: SPEC 2+ Clutch, Fidanza Flywheel, PowerStop Rotors, Red Stuff Pads, Stainless Brake Lines, B&M Short Shifter, Energy Suspension Shifter Bushings, Deyeme Firm Motor Mounts, KYB AGX shocks with Eibach Proline springs, Halo Projector Headlights with HID 12000K Conversion, TYC Carbon Tails, Kicker SS6.5 Component Front, SS MB8 Custom rear, Tsunami 2F Capacitor, ***New Stuff*** JVC KD-AV7010 In Dash DVD Player, Kicker L7 12" Woofer, Kenwood KAC-X10D Mono Amp
Old 08-09-2006, 05:59 PM   #37
moto_gdo
AF Newbie

thanx man u really gave me sume great info. on the Coilz and u kno wat? ur rite wen i mode the engine ima mode the breaks so i can stop way bttr...hey i got another question for u??? how do i make my car louder??? i have an Eclipse Gt 3.0.....i have and AEM intake and a Onzaku Exhaust it has a 2 3/4 catback but i dont got the headers for it yet.......so can u help me???
Old 08-09-2006, 11:49 PM   #38
Sleepr awd
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Sleepr awd Send a message via Yahoo to Sleepr awd

learn to speak english

then talk

Don't act like you don't love it.
503/2000
Old 08-10-2006, 12:21 AM   #39
moto_gdo
AF Newbie

Hey man i do speak very great English.....anyways hey wat do u mean somthing is still hooked up to the engine, everything has to hook up the engine doesnt it......right??? or is there another way to make my car louder??? come on man i need some help on this give me the 411
Old 08-10-2006, 07:47 AM   #40
rodbls
AF Enthusiast

Well, there are plenty of ways to make your car louder....like, dont put oil in it, lossen your valves, break a CV joint. However, none of these are good noises, but they would indeed make your car "loud". Sorry to be an ass, but questions like that will get an equally retarded answer. Modding your intake, and exhaust are the most common ways to get a more aggressive throttle note, however, there are many fine tuning things you can do to the motor to make it perform better, and henceforth make it louder. I dont feel like getting into any of them right now because I think you need to get a better understanding of exactly what things will do what to your car. If you want it loud fast just take your air intake off, and unbolt your headers.....it will be loud, followed by a massive fire, but it would at least be loud while your car was flamin down the road.
Old 08-11-2006, 01:09 PM   #41
Shpyder
Moderate moderator

Holy...2 years old.

The daily driver. The weekend cruiser. The lazy shop hog.

Closed Thread

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Mitsubishi > Eclipse 2000+