Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Daytona
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-16-2005, 02:57 PM   #1
4dr92cavi4cyl
AF Enthusiast

Power Window Help - 91 ES

Passenger side. The motor works, I have taken off the panel and from what I can see i looks like a white plastic gear, but it's shaped like a belt or something with teeth on the inside, I found a few pieces of it in the bottom of the door. The window was stuck down in the door, I got it up to about a 1/2 inch from the top and used some strip ties to hold it up for now. It's been this way for about a month and I'm wondering how to fix it, for good.

The way these doors were made make it look impossible to work on...

The door has been hit in the rear and needs some work, so I was thinking it would be easier to get another door and kill two birds with one stone. Thing is they are not very easy to find.

Any Daytona owners here who have worked on their power windows before please let me know, thanks!

Odometer: 223259 & still running like a horse!

Rockin' to: Dream Theater, Queensryche, Symphony X, and Pagan's Mind. Check them out!
The "radio groups" these days have lost creativity and skill. It's the same thing for five minutes.
4dr92cavi4cyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 05:44 PM   #2
93_R/T_TT_Stealth
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 93_R/T_TT_Stealth Send a message via MSN to 93_R/T_TT_Stealth Send a message via Yahoo to 93_R/T_TT_Stealth
Re: Power Window Help - 91 ES

yeah the door design makes it hard to work them- but it sounds like the u need the whole window regulator set up -- i would just put a new door in if i was u- it will save alot of cut up knuckles an swearing .... I think i can get u a door in good shape i'll let u know...

matt

93' Stealth R/T Twin Turbo Intercooled - 24v DOHC 3.0 v6 engine - AWD AWS - 320 hp 317 lb ft. torque when I bought her unmolested hoping to be in the 600-700 hp when finished with ...

~FASTER THAN A SPEEDING TICKET~
93_R/T_TT_Stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 12:29 PM   #3
4dr92cavi4cyl
AF Enthusiast

Thanks! Where are you? I bet shipping a door isn't cheap, lol.

Odometer: 223259 & still running like a horse!

Rockin' to: Dream Theater, Queensryche, Symphony X, and Pagan's Mind. Check them out!
The "radio groups" these days have lost creativity and skill. It's the same thing for five minutes.
4dr92cavi4cyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 12:27 AM   #4
93_R/T_TT_Stealth
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to 93_R/T_TT_Stealth Send a message via MSN to 93_R/T_TT_Stealth Send a message via Yahoo to 93_R/T_TT_Stealth

im in nj - i have located a door -btw
93_R/T_TT_Stealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 12:05 PM   #5
GOLIATHGMC
AF Newbie

Repair is easy..

You don't need a whole door or regulator setup. The window motor is fixed in one position, and the movement is controlled by a plastic "Belt". Your window wont close all the way because the belt broke. Remove the inner door panel, and wind the window up as far as it will go - then pull the glass up the rest of the way after it stops. the belt is attached to the bottom of the glass with a bolt -remove it. You should then be able to pull what is left of the belt out from there. Clean & Lube the track the belt rides on (teflon lube or White lithium grease) and feed the new belt on - then use the window crank/motor to pull it on the rest of the way. Replace the bolt. Replace the inner door panel. BTW - new belt comes from Dodge directly.
Feel free to email me if you have questions!
CRUISE5421@aol.com
George
REBEL Motorsports
GOLIATHGMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 04:55 AM   #6
DodgeDaytonaV6
AF Newbie

I'm in NorthWest Florida...

I have a door (from a 90 ES), power windows... no interior panel... the plastic around the outside of the window isnt perfect.. would have to be replaced to look good...

Also has a crease along the side... bondo or bang it out and would be fine...

Doing/Done:
4 Wheel Disc Conversion (In progress)| 5 speed manual swap (In progress) | 52 mm Throttle Body | K&N Air Filter

Soon to come:
Underdrive Pulley System | Port & Polish Heads, Intake & Exhaust manifolds, and plenum | 0.040" Venolia Forged Pistons |
3" Catback exhaust (custom mandrel bent) | Custom exhaust manifold and crossover pipe | Garrett TO4E 57 trim | Walbro 255 lph Fuel Pump
DodgeDaytonaV6 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Dodge > Daytona