Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Impala | Impala SS
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-14-2005, 07:41 PM   #76
dmorlow
AF Regular

Re: All the problems i have had.......

No matter what you all say, I don't think you guys can change my mind. I just bought my Impala 2004 brand new a few months ago. I have just barely over 4,000 miles on it now. It's such a great car. But I do have a 100,000 mile warranty, so my modo is... bring it on. My luck the car will run perfect until 100,001 miles and then everything will die at once. That's just my luck. But it's probably true that no matter what car company you talk about, every car company has it's defects. There is no such thing as a car line that never has a problem. (I'm sure also that some car companies have more problems than others too.) Nobody comes to this forum to put up posts about how great their car is (I guess except me). Any forum area you go into for any car company is going to have dissatisfied customers. Even the best car company that makes millions and millions of cars is going to make a very small percentage of cars that are just duds. Those small percentage of owners can make a lot of noise in a forum like this. I don't know if this is the way this forum is or not. I'll find out from my own experience as my car gains miles. I have a long way to 100,000 miles.
dmorlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 12:01 AM   #77
Pat_OD
AF Enthusiast

Re: All the problems i have had.......

"I tell you what i think about all those guys. they are the ones with nothing to do... i'll be suprized if they even own or drive a car any car!!
they are the ones that jerk us all around with fake stories that i've never heard of before!!" Come on now we aren't that pathetic.
Old 06-15-2005, 10:37 AM   #78
jhuckaby
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to jhuckaby
Re: Re: All the problems i have had.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmorlow
No matter what you all say, I don't think you guys can change my mind. I just bought my Impala 2004 brand new a few months ago. I have just barely over 4,000 miles on it now. It's such a great car. But I do have a 100,000 mile warranty, so my modo is... bring it on. My luck the car will run perfect until 100,001 miles and then everything will die at once. That's just my luck. But it's probably true that no matter what car company you talk about, every car company has it's defects. There is no such thing as a car line that never has a problem. (I'm sure also that some car companies have more problems than others too.) Nobody comes to this forum to put up posts about how great their car is (I guess except me). Any forum area you go into for any car company is going to have dissatisfied customers. Even the best car company that makes millions and millions of cars is going to make a very small percentage of cars that are just duds. Those small percentage of owners can make a lot of noise in a forum like this. I don't know if this is the way this forum is or not. I'll find out from my own experience as my car gains miles. I have a long way to 100,000 miles.
You may have the 100,000 mile warranty as I did on my 2003, but it's up to the dealership as to whether or not they fix the car, or tell you they can't replicate the problem, an added frustration. Seems there's so many problems with this particular model to say it's just a handful of duds. BTW, if you happen to trade your car before it's paid off because you are tired of the problems, make sure you ask for a refund on the extended warranty. The dealership you bought the car from won't tell you that, either.
jhuckaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 09:20 PM   #79
impalaguy2
AF Newbie

Re: Re: All the problems i have had.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmorlow
WOW at last a guy with some sense in here!
your car is young yes, but trust me, follow the services, do the right maintainace and you won't need that warranty!
altough it is always good to be on the safe side and be able to sleep good at night knowing you are covered.
All those guys here with the fake stories and I hate GM and GM suck have no clue about cars and i'm pretty sure don't even own an impala or any GM model car or for that matter any car.
GM sold over a million and a half impala's, who expect to have 100% satisfaction.... not possible... but after all check the rating of major car magazines and major automobile and internet sites (which i'm sure you did prior of buying the car) they class the impala with over 97% satisfaction! well 3% of unsatisfied customer i think is acceptable - altough i do feel for those 3%, it is aweful to be stuck in a problematic car.
also how can someone say That the all company sucks?? that is so childish! if someone is not satisfiesd with one car model there are plenty more lines and divisions and check all the truck lines i think that GM trucks are by far superior to other manufacturers...
(altough i must say that late Ford explorers and the Ford Pickups are awesome trucks - Ford is selling more Pickups a year than Camry, Maxima and impalas combined!! and those are the three top sellers!
so pal enjoy your car, drive safe and don't listen to those deadbeats.....
they like those mosquitoes that annoy you in the middle of the night.....
as much as you try to make them go, they just keep on coming..
impalaguy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2005, 04:23 PM   #80
bermis519
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to bermis519 Send a message via MSN to bermis519 Send a message via Yahoo to bermis519
Re: Re: Re: All the problems i have had.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by impalaguy2
WOW at last a guy with some sense in here!
your car is young yes, but trust me, follow the services, do the right maintainace and you won't need that warranty!
altough it is always good to be on the safe side and be able to sleep good at night knowing you are covered.
All those guys here with the fake stories and I hate GM and GM suck have no clue about cars and i'm pretty sure don't even own an impala or any GM model car or for that matter any car.
GM sold over a million and a half impala's, who expect to have 100% satisfaction.... not possible... but after all check the rating of major car magazines and major automobile and internet sites (which i'm sure you did prior of buying the car) they class the impala with over 97% satisfaction! well 3% of unsatisfied customer i think is acceptable - altough i do feel for those 3%, it is aweful to be stuck in a problematic car.
also how can someone say That the all company sucks?? that is so childish! if someone is not satisfiesd with one car model there are plenty more lines and divisions and check all the truck lines i think that GM trucks are by far superior to other manufacturers...
(altough i must say that late Ford explorers and the Ford Pickups are awesome trucks - Ford is selling more Pickups a year than Camry, Maxima and impalas combined!! and those are the three top sellers!
so pal enjoy your car, drive safe and don't listen to those deadbeats.....
they like those mosquitoes that annoy you in the middle of the night.....
as much as you try to make them go, they just keep on coming..
How can you sit there and tell someone to follow the maintance schedule and they won't have any problems??? Thats bullshit. My car was properly taken care up and i still had all the problems. The problems people are having is not from a lack of maintance...it's a lack of quality parts. GM trucks are not superior in the truck world....ford is.....and chevy just makes their product line more appealing as far as looks...then you get fucked in the ass with the problems....i was sold on the impala beause of the looks and supposively what i thought would be a nice solid car. but i was wrong.....GM sucks...and in my eyes they will always suck!!!

mike
bermis519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 09:38 PM   #81
impalaguy2
AF Newbie

Re: Re: Re: Re: All the problems i have had.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by bermis519
How can you sit there and tell someone to follow the maintance schedule and they won't have any problems??? Thats bullshit. My car was properly taken care up and i still had all the problems. The problems people are having is not from a lack of maintance...it's a lack of quality parts. GM trucks are not superior in the truck world....ford is.....and chevy just makes their product line more appealing as far as looks...then you get fucked in the ass with the problems....i was sold on the impala beause of the looks and supposively what i thought would be a nice solid car. but i was wrong.....GM sucks...and in my eyes they will always suck!!!

mike
You right Ford trucks are great, the F series is the best selling pickups for many years, (had one myself and was happy as can be with it), but still from repair experience and friends in the same business I see GM trucks as 100% more reliable, than all! Domestic and foreign.
the mileage on those 350 engines sometimes so high that the whole body root up but the darn thing still running like new... amazing !!
as far as the cars.. well you somewhat right.. they are not built as good as the trucks but thats why you pay half price when buying a car!
I don't say because they cost cheap they should be junk. I'm just saying that they are not built to last and recieve the same abuse as a heavy duty vehicle.
unfortunaly today cars are built of cheap recyclable materials. the bodies are not strong as used to be, the powertrain is not as strong as used to be, most of the cast iron parts replaced by aluminum... what can i say the world is changing... and trust me it's not only GM you take any car apart.. domestic or foriegn they all built cheap.. it is sad ineed and that's sucks!!
So if your car wont last or take the same abuse as your old one used to.... don't be suprised!!
And by that i'll say that almost all of todays cars SUCK!
but we need to drive something so if you fed up with GM, try another manufacturer, maybe you'll get lucky there and maybe not...
wish i could help you with that decision but they all have thier share of problems.. sorry
impalaguy2 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Chevrolet > Impala | Impala SS