Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Car Audio
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Car Audio Do you live in your car? Then you need to be able to listen to some high-quality music.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 01-12-2002, 02:21 AM   #1
RickDaTuner
AF Enthusiast

civic rear pannel speakers

does any know where to buy the 92-95 hacth rear speaker panel kit i been looking every where but cant find one can anyone give ma a place or a sit e that makes some After market ones i think tose are a real nice upgrade and would like to have a set
CARAMELO CREW
RickDaTuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2002, 11:41 AM   #2
sparq
AF Premium User

Send a message via AIM to sparq
Re: civic rear pannel speakers

You know they came stock in my CX... I'll sell it to yah, muahhaha ~ but you wont wanna pay what I want for it But honestly I dont know, ive never seen it for sale ~ but if all else fails just goto the Honda dealership and be prepaired to spend an arm and a leg

RIP AUNIE
sparq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2002, 05:57 PM   #3
RickDaTuner
AF Enthusiast

they never came stock the guy who bought the Cx originaly bought them after they started amking the inlike 93-94 Idont remeber. I have asked every honda dealer in Alberta (my province) and they all tell me that they have been discountinued they are very hard to find and I really want a set spark do you think oyu can replicates some with fiberglass???
CARAMELO CREW
Old 01-12-2002, 10:02 PM   #4
sparq
AF Premium User

Honestly yes I think I could do it... but its not going to look EXACTLY the same since you are talking about plastic vs. fiberglass... but yes I could replicate it ~ but your looking @ alot of money How much are you looking to spend, maybe we can work something out??

RIP AUNIE
Old 01-12-2002, 11:56 PM   #5
RickDaTuner
AF Enthusiast

well all i need id is the backing so i can get the right sound from the speakers i dont want the front i can make that from my own pannels i think i would be willing to spend around 30-50 bucks it you can make it out of bonda or anythinglkike that then it wuld be okay or just give suggestion on how to do ti
CARAMELO CREW
Old 01-13-2002, 12:03 AM   #6
sparq
AF Premium User

Quote:
Originally posted by RickDaTuner
well all i need id is the backing so i can get the right sound from the speakers i dont want the front i can make that from my own pannels i think i would be willing to spend around 30-50 bucks it you can make it out of bonda or anythinglkike that then it wuld be okay or just give suggestion on how to do ti
Rick dude, you cant "make" things out of bondo. Its a filler... even if you could get it to hold shape, with even the wimpy vibration from a speaker you would probably destroy it. I dont think 30-50 would cover the supplies for the "box" that needs to be made. Honestly if you want anything that isnt going to just fall apart on you and be crap ~ I would imagine you would need to spend probably at least $100 if you want it done right. And that would be like... remove the lil panel (is that panel piece even removeable on your vehicle???) and remove some little screws, and then stick the box in and reinstall the screws and presto!

Not like, oh you gotta do this, you gotta do that, you gotta make a piece to fit there blah blah blah... I would make it as simple as possible... even an EEEEDIOT could do it ~ not that you are, just an example

RIP AUNIE
Old 01-13-2002, 12:31 AM   #7
RickDaTuner
AF Enthusiast

well i was reading in a car audio magazine that they used bondo to make kick pannel speakers i though that thats how it was done my mistake thatnk for your help Sparq but my Parts GUy found me a OE kit sorry for the trouble
CARAMELO CREW
Old 01-13-2002, 12:40 AM   #8
sparq
AF Premium User

They said they MADE it outta bondo? Ack, I would never ever ever let someone do that. Bondo is a filler... it can be used in the process of making kick pods (do fiberglass, then use bondo over that to fill in the gaps and what not) but ack, whole thing? Man I dunno what mag you were reading

But I would say if he can get you the kit thing GET the plastic panels that sit in front of the pods... will look a HELL of alot cleaner!

RIP AUNIE