Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > S2000
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 12-15-2001, 07:20 PM   #1
baldwonder
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to baldwonder
Thumbs up S2000 Question for a newbie...

Ok Im lookin at getting one of these lovely cars, im tryin to find out how much should I expect to pay total for this car, and what do you guys payments look like each month? And is it worth it?

New Millennium Auto Detailing & Accessories
Your auto detailing solution.

Top that Ghetto Leggs-My guy dances betta
baldwonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2001, 12:23 AM   #2
F20C
AF Enthusiast

32K MSRP.
F20C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2001, 09:57 AM   #3
LiuBei
AF Regular

Honda doesn't play around too much with the pricing. You have to negotiate very well.
Old 01-04-2002, 12:39 AM   #4
Tricked out DelSol
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Tricked out DelSol
you can get a used one lately for about 25k The thing is like civics and accords the dealer has to sell so many. So they can drop the price on their cars even to the point where they lose money. But in S2000s the demand is so high i doubt the max you can get off is about 2k which is really good...but i think they have to know you and you have to talk really good. But see what you can do.

And about the used ones....all under 10k miles are $25k. Not to badd if your short on money
-Clarion headunit
-intake with rative filter ( piece)
-some new wires
-obx exhaust with new piping - great sound
Tricked out DelSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2002, 08:21 PM   #5
baldwonder
AF Fanatic

sweet, well i can prolly afford the used one more so than a New one. Does the dealer sale used ones too? i love this car, i dont see why anyone would sell it.

Old 01-05-2002, 07:58 AM   #6
HondaS2000tuner
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to HondaS2000tuner
Thumbs up Your quiestion....

Sup man~ From personal experience and hours of research, I'd say whatever the honda dealership wants for the S2000 is DEFINATELY worth considering. If I were you though, if you haven't purchased a S2000 yet, consider the 2002 model. The rumor has it that the 2002 model S2000 is the last year that they are going to allow production of the car. I don't know if I want to believe that but just incase it is true, you might want to consider getting one. But all in all, look at what your getting...F20C engine: the most highest HP per litre engine, pumping 240Hp in a 2.0L engine. Thatz using 2000cc and that calculates to two pistons pumping 120HP and 1.5 per cc. Honda's point of the S2000 was NOT to make profit off this car. The S2000 is a "Gift" to the people from Honda. Honda actually loses money when producing S2000. S2000 originated from the S600 made back some 30 years ago. Honda decided to celebrate itz birthday by producing the S2000. The S2000, I'd admit, has a rough ride and is on the little noisy side. But hey~ if you want a couch on wheels go get a cadillac. Honda S2000 was built with, what they called it, the "Racing Spirit". Transmission of 6-speed gear box matched with the F20C engine allows the S2000 to reach 9,000RPM. THATZ SOMETHING SAID FOR A 4-BANGER ENGINES. Reliability, so far, is what we expected from Honda. Exellent...almost to the perfection. I'd also admit that the S2000 is not quite the type for the daily driving sort, but S2000 is POWER and soon will be a collector's item. There are less than 5000 S2000 made for the US each year and with the rumor of 2002 being the last of the S2000, yes...I'd say you SERIOUSLY need to consider getting one now. Because only people who will sell the S2000 is most likely the ones that have been in an accident or was raced like hell. Better get a new one when you can. The base price is tagged at $32,000 the last I checked. With the tax and the license tag and maybe a little fees, expect around $35,000 to $37,000 from most dealerships. If you can afford one, I'd say don't lose this opportunity.

TUNER
:smoker:
HondaS2000tuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2002, 01:43 PM   #7
Tricked out DelSol
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Tricked out DelSol
i have to agree its a great car. My uncle has one.....little bit noisy...but of course not as noisy as mine~~stupid exhaust. Anyways sounds very very nice never heard anything like it. I've been in NSX S2000 sounds very nice. Something spooling up to 9000 rpm is something. Plus how many rear wheel drive honda's do you know? Also its real cool....the shifter clicks everytime you put it into gear =)

Your listening to a 16 year old.....so i guess i'm not to helpful but hey..2.0L engine pumping out 240hp is pretty impressive. Now i have to go to SAT class..
-Clarion headunit
-intake with rative filter ( piece)
-some new wires
-obx exhaust with new piping - great sound
Tricked out DelSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2002, 01:14 AM   #8
baldwonder
AF Fanatic

dag you make me wanna buy it right now. I heard the 2002 model will have the hard top option, and thats what i am looking for. I just bought a daily driver today 91 Civic hatch. This will be my work car and S2000 when I get my money straight will be the fun car. Thanks for all the in depth info on the car. I think my mind is made up.