Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Opel/Vauxhall > Commodore/VS/VT/VX
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-21-2003, 01:17 AM   #31
Purpura Delujo
AF Enthusiast

Well what your missing is that no Nissan in Australia has had a shape sexier then the HQ Coupe and no 30+ year old Nissan has had balls bigger then a HK GTS.

HSV VT GTS was the fastest 4 door ever built from Australia, and I'm pretty sure that Ford ahsn't come close yet. Sure they have new engines like the XR6 Turbo and the new Boss XR8 but if Holden had enough guts to just take a stock Corvette engine from GM and put it in the SS then Ford would be up shit creek, again. Ford are fine but they are nothing to a good HSV or Holden.
Purpura Delujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2003, 01:40 AM   #32
Jimster
Here for the pussy, man.

Send a message via ICQ to Jimster Send a message via AIM to Jimster Send a message via Yahoo to Jimster
Quote:
Originally posted by Mopar Muscle Maniac
Well what your missing is that no Nissan in Australia has had a shape sexier then the HQ Coupe and no 30+ year old Nissan has had balls bigger then a HK GTS.

HSV VT GTS was the fastest 4 door ever built from Australia, and I'm pretty sure that Ford ahsn't come close yet. Sure they have new engines like the XR6 Turbo and the new Boss XR8 but if Holden had enough guts to just take a stock Corvette engine from GM and put it in the SS then Ford would be up shit creek, again. Ford are fine but they are nothing to a good HSV or Holden.

Perhaps- but the Boss V8 is apparently a big disappointment- the XR6 Turbo is just as quick- I haven't seen any perfomance figures for the FPV GT- but it'd run the 300Kw HSV's pretty close- and apparently they are going to attach a blower to make a 350Kw GTHO. I haven't driven any of the VY/BA range- so I am only making assumptions.

But why waste money on any of these "super-sdeans" when the 350Z eats them alive for less????

And I think the S15 Silvia is a fair bit sexier than the HQ

2007 Audi A4 3.0 TDI Le Mans
Jimster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2003, 01:39 AM   #33
kielbasa
AF Newbie

to the guy in the beginning...

its pretty obvious a HSV would perform better than a XR8, u fool.

XR8 is at the same level as the Commodore SS
XR6 is the same level as the Commodore S
and... the HSV (im not sure what models you were talking about, the AU/VX or the new BA/VY), but the HSV is the equivelant as the FPV Falcon. Or in the AU series - the T series.

And I'm sure if he tested out a FPV or T-series AU model falcon and compared it to a VX/VT/VY HSV, the falcon would come on top. I guarantee it.
kielbasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 10:53 AM   #34
Ford_Man_1984
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Ford_Man_1984
Re: HSVs are awesome

have u eva heard of a ford 9 inch blown? not worn out blown?
it hasnt happened in history even with over 3000hp running through them..
holden is shite!!!! ill admit they hav risen from nothing at all when they actully start using holden made engines..not chevrolet HOLDEN *cough*gay*cough*
and i agree with kielbasa!!!
LS1 is straight out of a corvette...
fastest production car in australia is the BA GT running 13.98
2nd being the BA XR6 turbo running 14.11 and 3rd being the 1972 E49 charger
Where is holden huh???
the 300kW VY HSV is only 300kW at the flywheel people..its actully 235kW at the rear wheels!!!
get your facts right boyz and gurls as ford has dominated aus eva since september 1960!!!
Ford_Man_1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 05:17 AM   #35
hsvman
AF Newbie

Re: Re: HSVs are awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford_Man_1984
holden is shite!!!! ill admit they hav risen from nothing at all when they actully start using holden made engines..not chevrolet HOLDEN *cough*gay*cough*
Where is holden huh???
the 300kW VY HSV is only 300kW at the flywheel people..its actully 235kW at the rear wheels!!!
get your facts right boyz and gurls as ford has dominated aus eva since september 1960!!!
__________________________________________________ ___________

oi cock sucker,
the gt is not the quickest australian production car ever. what do i have to back it up well in the november issue they haad the clubbie II up with the fpv gt. the gt ran a time of 14.22, the clubbie howeva ran a time of 13.56. in the december issue of motor they had the ss up againt the xr8, the xr8 ran a time of 14.37, ss ran a time of 13.94 and in motors own words "
hsvman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 05:19 AM   #36
hsvman
AF Newbie

Quote:
Where is holden huh???
__________________________________________________ ___________

oi cock sucker,
the gt is not the quickest australian production car ever. what do i have to back it up well in the november issue they haad the clubbie II up with the fpv gt. the gt ran a time of 14.22, the clubbie howeva ran a time of 13.56. in the december issue of motor they had the ss up againt the xr8, the xr8 ran a time of 14.37, ss ran a time of 13.94 and in motors own words "NOT ONLY IS THE SS HALF A SECOND QUICKER THAN THE XR8, BUT IT OUTPACES THE 290KW FPV GT AS WELL".

__________________________________________________ ___________"NOT ONLY IS THE SS HALF A SECOND QUICKER THAN THE XR8, BUT IT OUTPACES THE 290KW FPV GT AS WELL".
Old 01-11-2004, 07:25 AM   #37
Ford_Man_1984
Banned

"cock sucker"
thats a good one, ill remember it next time im climbing off ya mum
now listen here u fucking idiot..HOLDEN hasnt yet broken the 13 second barrier in ANY stock holden!!!
FORD BA GT FALCON RUNS 13.98 second quarter mile at 167km/h!!!!
The Only Australian Production car to break the 13 second barrier!!!!
ive been in my mates GT at calader park and it run 13.7 with some different tyres (BFG 265) on the rear!!!
your local FORD Dealer will tell you they run 13.98 outa the box!!!!
you shouldnt really believe everything u read mr HSV..
theres only been 2 other production cars the reach the 13 second mark and thats the stock phase 3 and stock E49 charger with modern rubber..but that dosnt count!!!
Old 01-11-2004, 08:01 PM   #38
hsvman
AF Newbie

buy some motor or wheels mag's and it has the times of the cars and holden & hsv has brocken the 13 socond mark sry bout the harsh commment on cock sucker but yeh my mum is free...but thtas not the point. buy the august 03 issue, wheels april 03, motor issue december 03, motor november 03, motor november 2002, motor august 03, i have all of them and most holdens and hsv's run 13 seconds and all ford, fpv dont what have you got to say bout that its the cold hard fact and if ur mate has a different seat of tyres on his gt thats kinda cheating as well holden wins again and dont forget csv with the 370 kw beast witch beat the gts coupe any ways my point it holden wins ford loose as normal so go out and buy these issue's im pritty sure you can order old issue so go out and buy them and then start saying that ford is better
Old 01-11-2004, 08:05 PM   #39
hsvman
AF Newbie

and ford under mark there kw they use DIN and holden use ECE if hsv were to use DIN the clubbie would be putting out 292 kw 2 more than the gt plus it is lighter so it will go quicker but i cant wait to see the fpv turbo with 285 kw now that is a michine to bad its got a ford badge
Old 01-11-2004, 09:16 PM   #40
AndrewHatch
AF Newbie

Quote:
"cock sucker"
theres only been 2 other production cars the reach the 13 second mark and thats the stock phase 3 and stock E49 charger with modern rubber..but that dosnt count!!!
Why do people quote the Phase 3 as having a sub 13 second time??? This is the original Wheels test at a Ford web site : http://www.fomoco.com.au/PhaseIII-WheelsMag.html (Note it says 14.7 for the quarter mile.)

Also I believe the R/T E49 Charger only did a 14.3 as well.

Correct me if I am wrong but "officially" no production Ford (be it Tickford or FPV enhanced) has ever cracked 14 seconds.
AndrewHatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 11:50 PM   #41
hsvman
AF Newbie

thtas what i said no Tickford or fpv has done under 14 but ford man b-leives they can. have you heard of any holdens and hsv's doing under 14 second???
Old 01-14-2004, 07:48 AM   #42
Zwrangler
AF Enthusiast

I absolutely love HSV's and Fords but i have to say that although in the past HSV's have always dominated ford, the new for designs like the Gt and the colours that they come with are much MUCH better looking than anything holden offers on its cars. I especially love that bright metallic blue, lime green and bright orange on the new fords. Yes HSV still has more power but I'd rather be driving an XR6 turbo with looks and guts rather than a simple looking HSV with an extra 40 kws or so to make up for its lack of looks. Plus i gotta say the new holdens look kinda bulky and round rather than sleek like the new Falcon Gt. And that is my

93 camaro Z28 R.I.P.
From this......................to this and this

check it out at my website

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars but glory is forever !"
Zwrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 09:45 AM   #43
hsv_gts_908
AF Newbie

Mate, who cares about the power war between HSV and FPV? The facts are that a bottom end HSV (Clubsport) can outrun a top end FPV (GT-P), and use less fuel while doing it. I don't know why FPV doesn't just give up now, because it will never beat HSV, and everyone knows that. If FPV were to put a 350kW supercharged 5.4 litre Boss V8 in a Falcon to make a GTHO, HSV has a 360 kW 6.2 litre stroker Gen III available from Chevy. I have heard of a 370 kW 6.4 litre Ford V8 (the old Windsor), but HSV has that covered too, with their 420 kW, 7.0 litre, 427 ci Gen III, which they recently canned, but there's no doubt they can bring it back if FPV ever comes close. By the time Ford thinks about building a truly powerful car, Holden will have its VE Commodore, which means 280 kW for Commodore SV8! Then there is about 320 kW for Clubbie, GTO and Maloo, a bit more than that for the luxury cars, right up to 370 kW in GTS! (up to 420 kW available in top spec if needed), and all this is before a supercharger is required! Like hsvman said, Ford is giving Holden a head start by using the dodgy DIN method to measure power, so really, the GT should line up against Clubsport, and GT-P has to face Clubsport R8, Senator, Grange and GTO Coupe, leaving GTS Sedan and Coupe alone! Even the cheapest HSV, the Maloo, can outrun Ford's dearest Ute, the FPV Pursuit, and also handles better, thanks to independent rear suspension. HSV has picked yet another hole in FPV's lineup, introducing the 270kW AWD Coupe4 this month with a claimed 0-100km/h time of 6.6 seconds ON MUD! I think the Blue Oval should just give up while they are close to being infront. They just haven't realised that it's all downhill from here, and HSV will enjoy many more years of dominance.
hsv_gts_908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 11:10 AM   #44
Ford_Man_1984
Banned

andrew hatch.......read what i said..with modern rubber........BA GT does 13.98.......thats under 14 isnt it????.....lol.......Zwrangler....the blue is called "Blue-Print Blue" and is fords new top selling colour, grenn is called "Envi" and orange is called "Blood Orange".......and yes they are bloody awsome........LOL ford has a supercharged 5.4 litre Boss V8 Which Puts out 373kW.......and they dont hav to stroke anything.........or get anything imported for the USA......Unlike Holden Who Dosnt Make There Own Engines........maybe your refering to the 372kW 6.4 litre V8 Ford made for shits and giggles........Ford Arrow........HSV hav covered that too???? what by using an engine 1.6 litres bigger WHICH they didnt manage to get into production.........Holden found out they wouldnt make enough sales on the hunks of crap to get a big enough profit.......u eva been in a chev with a 427???..........they are slugs down low in the revs........where street driven cars need the power........do a little research on it and youll find out what holden did.......not worth the hassel.......420kW out of a 427 thats not even a kilowatt per cube......unlike most of fords new models.......VE Commodore.......280kW........October australia will see the release of the Ford F6 Typhoon.....270kW 4 litre turbo.........with alot more torque than any Holden out........550Nm @2000RPM to 5250RPM.........as for the 320kW club sport........fords new GT wont have any trouble with that putting out ova 340kW.......and as for the twin overhead cams in the Boss.......and the old day pushrod type engine (LS1) holden is using u figure what has better acceleration.........as for looks.........i havnt heard of anyone and i mean ANYONE that dosnt like the BA XR8.......and fords new design........$50 million went into the design of the BA.......the XT Falcon 4 litre out corners every new holden out.....even with the new advances Ballistic steering and out performs the VY Supercharged ecotec V6 with ease........ever heard of the Herrod Ford AUII......XR8 5 litre with minor work.....herrod extractors herrod exhaust multi throttle bodies(8)..... and its running 350kW......naturally aspirated.......add that combo to the Boss290 and lets see who has the braging rights in the power specs......ford hasnt put a V8 bigger than 5.4 litres in a Falcon Since 82 and there still dominating V8 supercars vs. the 5.7 litre (LS1) commodores and look who won last year and look whos winning this year.......FORD........your blabber is tired old shit that everyone uses that hav no clue.......all u can say is holden is better.......you cant prove it.........your all talk......wake up and smell the roses, ford has allways and will allways dominate this planet wheneva it comes to cars.......your suffering a bad case of denial.......and next time look shit up about what your talking about.......maybe then you wont be proved wrong so damn easy........
Old 05-21-2004, 09:44 PM   #45
hsv_gts_908
AF Newbie

Ford_Man_1984, what I was saying is that FPV should quit while theyre doing ok. What the hell is a turbocharger doing on their 4.0 litre DOHC straight six shitbox? The easiest way to get the required power is to drop in a big ass V8, like HSV did, instead of rooting around with all the high tech bullshit, which is just more that can go wrong. I said that if there is ever going to be a challenge from FPV, they have a 6.2 Gen III and a 7.0 Gen III, and those two have beaten FPV before they even start to challenge. All this is before a supercharger is required. I have also heard of a 350kW 6.5 litre Gen III (CSV) which I'm sure HSV could produce if they had to. And with all this turbo six bullshit by Ford, I think it's a pretty safe bet that Holden will come up with a supercharged version of their new V6. And have you heard about some Buick concept car using a twin turbo 3.2 litre Holden V6? It puts out 300kW and 600 Nm before it's even trying! Now if Buick can do that, surely HSV can. and thats not using the largest engine! If you work out the kW per litre, a 3.6 version should pump out around 340kW. The maximum possible displacement of the new V6 is 4.0 litres, which equates to about 375kW in biturbo form. (remember this is before they are even trying. There is even word about a 300kW, 900Nm, 8 litre twin turbo diesel V8 finding a home under the Clubsport bonnet. And what is FPV gonna do about the HSV Coupe4? Oh, I almost forgot. What about the HSV Avalanche (specced up Adventra LX8) and the HSV XUV AWD (specced up Crewman Cross8)? And the V8 Supercars don't use LS1 and Boss engines, they use the old cast iron pushrod 5.0 litre V8's. The Holden engine has been destroked to 304 cubic inches and the Ford has been stroked out to 303.5 ci. And if FPV is so 'brilliant', how do you explain the poor sales figures compared to HSV? And the Arrow Coupe, i said 370kW, you said 372kW, same difference. The fact is that it was slower than the 5.7 litre 305kW CSV Mondo. I don't know the exact weight figures of HSV's and FPV's, but i have heard that the GT-P is nearly 200 kg heavier than a Clubbie R8! No wonder Fords are slow! Oh, and err, the Gen IV V8 is a twin cam pushrod with 3 valves per cylinder. Work that one out, smart arse. And your comment about the 427, It won the Bathurst 24 Hour TWICE FROM TWO TRIES and came home 1-2 in one of them, beating a 3rd placed Porsche by 13 laps. Those ones have 520 kW, which is about 1.22 kW per cube. Now which naturally aspirated Ford has that sort of power? None of them except for V8 Supercars. If the 427 had the same kW per litre as Skaifey's supercar, it would pump out around 680 kW.
hsv_gts_908 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Opel/Vauxhall > Commodore/VS/VT/VX