Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Sunfire > General Discussions
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 10:15 PM   #1
kellig
AF Newbie

99' sunfire acting up PLEASE HELP!

I have a 99' Pontiac Sunfire 2.2 automatic, so here's the deal. First of all when I start it sometimes I have to restart it several times to get it going and all my engine lights are on ( abs, brake, oil, ect) It also kind of shakes.Anyways when I'm driving it sometimes just shuts off and the engine lights go on, from there my brakes lock up or I just coast. If I turn it off and restart it, it works fine, my local mechanic doesn't know what the problem is, he checked everything from the brakes to the transmission. My airbag light sometimes come on and my odemeter changes the changes back, could it be my computer, please help!!!
kellig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2005, 10:28 PM   #2
CA_sunfire
AF Newbie

Re: 99' sunfire acting up PLEASE HELP!

Definitely possessed!

Sorry no help from me...just sympathy! Makes my sunfire tranny noise sound angelic.
CA_sunfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 11:22 AM   #3
ve3rnx
AF Newbie

Sounds like the PCM to me, had (have) the same problem with my wife's. It's actualy in the shop right now, the mech. thinks it's the PCM (Powertrain Control Module) located inside the fender (stupid place for it) anyways in high corrosion areas (snow/salt) GM has a recall on some of these for computer corrosion (green death seaping out of joints in computer) so it might be worth calling GM with you're VIN and seeing if you have any outstanding recalls, if not find the computer (passenger wheel well, between the inner and outter fenders) and see if there's any green seepege or any other signs of corrosion/rust, etc. Hope this helps
ve3rnx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 12:53 PM   #4
matt09524
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to matt09524
^^^ Agree. Check the PCM or computer. All those faults together can only come from something controlling them all.
matt09524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 12:49 AM   #5
2001 Sunflower
AF Newbie

Mine just died as of this reason.. She started randomly not starting every once n a while.. till one day she only fired on 2 cylinders and the engine light was flashing non stop lol.. as we found out after taking it apart.. one half of the computer ended up being so corroded that it messed up the wiring harness connector with it.. Getting fixed now at the shop.
2001 Sunflower is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Pontiac > Sunfire > General Discussions