Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Honda > Civic | CRX > '88 - '91 Civic | CRX | Wagon | Shuttlee
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
'88 - '91 Civic | CRX | Wagon | Shuttlee Partnership with: LadyNRedSi.com
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 06-19-2003, 11:19 AM   #1
1PhatCX
AF Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to 1PhatCX Send a message via Yahoo to 1PhatCX
Angry Problems, Problems and More PROBLEMS!!!!

ok i'm getting REALLY Pissed off now,
first, i get the car done, then drive it into my garage wall by accident! now, the guy who did the safety said it FAILED! wut an asshole, 2 things i agree with, but the rest is bs
first, the rotors pulsate when he hit the brakes doing 30 km/h..... never did it with me but i'll replace em ne ways, 2nd, the rear bumper supports rotted out.. i knew this and thought nothing of it, so after i just finished moulding my bumper in... I GOTTA CUT IT OFF!!!!!!! how the hell do u even unbolt the rear bumper on the hatches?? please provide me with some pics so i know how 2 do it, ok 3rd, my rear brake line has a bit or RUST on it, the cars fuckin 14 years old, wut does he expect? they looked fine 2 me, and 4th he said i have a hole in my driver side rocker panel thats rotting away... i fixed the biggest part of it already, looks like i hafta do more, this is really pissing me off, as soon as the car gets home in 4 or 5 hours, i'm doin the brakes, takin the bumper off and welding a patch in the rocker even tho it'll still rust, he said hes gonna give me a list of everything wrong with it, so if theres more then the bills going higher!

someone PLEASE Give me pics of how the rear bumper comes off, and where all the bolts are!!! thanx
Old 06-19-2003, 01:40 PM   #2
Deadboy
AF Regular

Send a message via MSN to Deadboy
I had the same prob with my hatch rear bumper..damn rust. Sry i dont have a good pic but it may give u a idea where they are. There are 4 blts 2 inside the car and 2 under the car ...u dont have to remove any part from the inside maybe just the cover where the spare tire is. ou and screw on the sides like on the front bumper.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8401 copy.jpg (65.3 KB, 142 views)
Old 06-19-2003, 01:42 PM   #3
1PhatCX
AF Fanatic

alright thanx man
crap, this means i gotta move my stereo now! bah pain in the ass
Old 06-19-2003, 05:49 PM   #4
fiercecivic
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to fiercecivic Send a message via MSN to fiercecivic
when i ripped my rear bumper off the first time it almost fell of cause of rust, but a bit of welding and it pooped right back in! That sux dude. guess u wont be driving by tommorow, Did i tell u im gonna sell my 4th gen?? Yeh im lookin at a 5 gen hatchie or coupe. I hate to leave the 4 gen but, more and more problems are coming up, and theres no point in swapping the engine cause of my bad body work
Old 06-19-2003, 10:01 PM   #5
1PhatCX
AF Fanatic

wut?!? c'mon dude stay with the 4th gens! u've only been driving it for like 3 weeks! just sell it, keep the good shit, and buy a new one hehe

and yea i dont think i can weld this bumper together... if its like the front then its prolly all rust, i know when i kicked the car tons came out hehe,

update too, I got ONE rotor on tonight, the reason it pulsated was cuz there warped like a mofo.
i'll put the next one on tommorow, take the bumper off too

other problems he found r ... cracked bumper signal lenses, drivers door hinge loose and needs new bushings, hole in the rocker panel in the driver side, and both fenders r loose underneath cuz those bolts rotted off and theres nothing to bolt to now, might weld em on haha and my exhuast is off a hanger... since its after market i cant use all stock hangers, just a few, i'll find a way 2 get it to sit right tho

i followed my dad home tho, i was in the aerostar, had some fun too since it was my first night driving by myself, leaving the mechanics house i nailed it in the back section where he has all the cars which is gravel and shot stones everywhere, then pulling outta his driveway i nailed it and left a patch infront of his house and quickly caught my dad who was about 1/8th mile down the road already (he drove the hatchie incase he got pulled over) it was fun tho, ever stop sign i gunned it tryin 2 break the tires loose, i did it maybe 2 or 3 times, the last one was at the stop lights by my place, my dad took off doin like 90 in a 50 to piss off more neighbours so i nailed it off the line and I guess it hit Over drive off the line and they started spinnin quite a bit, i caught him down the road again cuz he started slowing down, hehe over all it was a fun time

oh yea, check engine light came on after 5 mins of drivin, got home, shut it off, turned it back on and was fine very puzzled, not too worried cuz it was fine all the way home he said, exhaust isnt loud either, just inside the car it is so thats a good thing, (unless my dad cant make it loud hehe)
well this is long enough, cya
Old 06-20-2003, 06:56 AM   #6
fiercecivic
AF Enthusiast

ur pretty hard on tires dude
Old 06-20-2003, 12:18 PM   #7
1PhatCX
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by fiercecivic
ur pretty hard on tires dude
yea well, its my moms van so I dont care, i dont pay for the maintenence hehe

update on the car, took the rear bumper off today, car looks funny without it hehe, only 2 nuts on the inside hold it on tho thought there was four hehe, i got it unbolted tho and since i moulded it in, i took a hack saw, slowly cut it where it goes around the car then just pushed on it and it fell off hehe, started my other rotor, cant get those fricken screws out, so when my dad gets home i'll let him do it since he got the other ones out and i dont wanna strip these, so there soakin in penetrating oil for now, and used the torch on em for 20 mins but didnt work.... oh yea, i torched a big hairy spider tho, it dropped off my caliper i think and was sittin there then tried to run and i got him with the torch didnt smell good tho hehe

tommorow i'm gettin a new bumper from the wreckers, and i'm gonna order new brake lines tonight at work for the rear, hope its ready by tuesday atleast so i can take it back up
Old 06-20-2003, 04:00 PM   #8
fiercecivic
AF Enthusiast

why dont u buy my hatch dude. than u dont need anything to saftey it, and it looks better too hahah
Old 06-20-2003, 05:34 PM   #9
Melt
AF Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to Melt
Quote:
Originally posted by fiercecivic
why dont u buy my hatch dude. than u dont need anything to saftey it, and it looks better too hahah
hmm ... have it run good ... or fail safety inspection ... that is the question
Old 06-20-2003, 09:20 PM   #10
1PhatCX
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by Melt
hmm ... have it run good ... or fail safety inspection ... that is the question
fail safety and plus mine already runs excellent! but its gonna be fixed in a lil bit, still need 2 find bushings for the door hinge.... hmmmmm
Old 06-20-2003, 09:33 PM   #11
i_a_n112784
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to i_a_n112784
Many Honda mechanics drill those screws out if they strip them, they don't do anything. It's the wheel that holds the rotor on. But that inspection guy might bitch about them being gone if he notices. Oh, and I LOVE living in an area with no inspections what so ever. (just had to add that i used to live in an area with it and it sucked)
i_a_n112784 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 09:47 PM   #12
1PhatCX
AF Fanatic

yea well all rotors r fine now, on with the screws and all, i'm keeping my old rotors cuz there still like mint, the new ones r .671 i think and the old ones r .632 so they havent lost much at all. so once school starts again i'm gonna take them in and machine them both so there perfect and keep em as spares

tommorow were off 2 the j/y 2 pick up my bumper, then gonna get some brake lines and weld the floor up,

just curious. does ne one know what size the brake line is in the back? its the part that goes from the flex line to the wheel cylinder. and how long is that too cuz we need 2 of em,
and where can i get new bushings for my door hinge? i dont wanna goto honda for em but i might end up doing it
Old 06-21-2003, 10:27 AM   #13
plkelley
AF Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to plkelley
if your going to get new brake lines may as well go braded stainless steel..they kick ass..unless of course you dont wanna pay much for your brake lines
Old 06-21-2003, 10:42 AM   #14
SiZ
AF Fanatic

What'd I tell you about moulding your bumper?!
Old 06-21-2003, 11:54 AM   #15
1PhatCX
AF Fanatic

Quote:
Originally posted by SiZ
What'd I tell you about moulding your bumper?!
yea yea, shaddap hehe
didnt take much 2 get it off tho, just hit it and it basically fell off hehe