Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volkswagen > GTI
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
View Poll Results: Did VW bomb the New GTi?
Yes 1 10.00%
No 9 90.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 09:28 PM   #16
thespace
AF Newbie

Re: Did VW mess up with the New GTi???

I like the new styling too. The Mk V is an improvement. And, there's a site that allows you to make it your own. Check it out...vwfeatures.com.
thespace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 01:36 PM   #17
zazz14
AF Newbie

if you wanna see a little "rear end action" did you check out www.vwfeatures.com? when you configure your gti, you can take a ride with the german chick from the commercials - http://youtube.com/watch?v=4NNPvdUw53k&search=gti . vdubb is doin' it right in my opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidMazar
I for one am very disappointed with the new gti. I fell in love with them ever since mk2s. For one the rear end looks like a jap/usa car(lights). Second yes it has a 2.0 liter engine but only 16 valves, thats 4 less than the 1.8t and 8 less than the vr6. Third the rear valance is so huge, while the front valance is tiny. But one thing i do like is the interior, and the way the hatch opens. Maybe itll grow on me, but sorry i'll take a mk2 with a 1.8t motor on the side and have myself a sleeper.
zazz14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 11:34 AM   #18
GTIloveboost
AF Newbie

I've been a domestic car person all of my life. And I've built and driven 9 second street cars. I owned a 4 cylinder turbo mustang that ran 11.09@123mph and hit 60mph in about 3.0 seconds. I know all about speed.
However, with the gas prices going sky high, and being on a police officers salary and thinking about saving up some dough for family stuff in the future, I decided to start looking at better, more reliable cars that get good gas mileage and still have some zip to them. I was actually looking at the Ford Fusion (the Ford dealer we buy our crown vic's from seriously hooks us up) with the V6. 26mpg and decent performance for the price. I never even considered VW until a buddy of mine pointed it out the day before I was going to go pick up the Ford. I went up there, drove the new GTI, and fell in love with it. It was hard getting used to the looks and feel of it, but you can really see the detail in the german engineering. The quality of the car was far above the Ford, even though it was $3,000 more, I wanted it. So I picked up a silver GTI package 2 two days ago. The car rides great, handles nice, and actually performs very well. There is also an ECU upgrade that you can buy (not through VW) that puts the car at 250hp and 270ft/lb or something like that. Another $600 and this little dub could move right along. I probably won't mess with that right now, I'm just going to lower the car an inch, put some 18's or 19's on it and tint the windows. Call it good. It's a great blend of all things nice, and this is coming from someone who's had all speed, all luxury, and all economy separately. Two thumbs up from me!
GTIloveboost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 09:18 PM   #19
Gti_vr6_racer
AF Regular

Send a message via AIM to Gti_vr6_racer

i must say that no new styling or engine work can ever take me away from my 03 vr6! Boy i do miss her
Drop zone lowering springs 2'' all around
_--BS STUFF--_
VR6 inside sticker on gas door
Seatbelt pads
Frot air ducts
Blacked out emblems
_--EN ROUTE--_
Neuspeed titanium Catback system
Carbon fiber hood with rally scoop.
Gti_vr6_racer is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Volkswagen > GTI