Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Street
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
WIP - Street Post topics for any "Works In Progress" street vehicles projects in this sub-forum.
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 04-01-2016, 10:10 PM   #1
griffin-gt40
AF Regular

2017 Ford GT---#1

I got a couple of these kits this past week. For a snap kit the level of detail is quite decent. I should of take some box opening pics, but I didn't. Next time. I like this kit so much I'm already planning on doing some more later this year.

The chassis is just a flat piece of plastic for the most part with some mold detail for the front and rear diffusors and front grill. The body is at least two pieces that are connected together at the factory, so in essence its a one piece body. There are a few mold line, apologies, I should of taken pictures of them before primer but forgot. Most notably you can see them down the front corners in front of the wheel arches and on the rear corners behind the rear wheel openings. There is also a mold line running down behind the doors, not the easiest to sand out, but doable. The wheels and tires are both simple but still look good and actually look pretty close to scale. No side wall markings, but I think its pretty safe to say those are a thing of the past it seems on new kits.

That's it for now, I'll post some pics of the interior tomorrow, but for now some body shots....

Shot of the GT's and Foose 'Vette I also got this week.

Front:

Side:

Rear:

First shot of colour...I did another round after this to deepen the colour abit, just haven't taken any pics yet. Colour is Ford Blue Flame from Scale Finishes. I love this colour.

Side:

Front:

Top:

Decals going on tonight, then some clear in the morning. ** There are no decals in the kit, I'll be stealing them from the parts box.

Thanks for looking.

David.
griffin-gt40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 08:28 PM   #2
nugundam93
Blarg! Wort Wort Wort!

Re: 2017 Ford GT---#1

Wow, looks great!

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Automotive Art > Car Modeling > WIP - Street