Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Probe
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 01:59 AM   #1
slammed93gt
AF Newbie

Exclamation 93 gt wont start

i've got a 93 probe gt auto with abs and it won't start. it sat up for 3 months until i got the money to put a trans in it. i put it all back together and it wont start. i changed the plugs and gapped them, the wires, distributor, the cap and rotor button and still nothing. it hits the first time or 2 and then nothing i checked the fuel and its getting fuel also the fuel cutout light is on but the inertia switch is not tripped can anyone please help all the slow civics are waiting
slammed93gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 10:16 AM   #2
buggyfreak
AF Newbie

Re: 93 gt wont start

sure you put the new distributur in correctly try loosening the two bolts on the side and twist a little bit at a time and try starting it each time or the proffessional way bring the number one cylinder to tdc pull of the cap and see which spark plug wire the rotor is pointing at if not number one then its a time issuse
buggyfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 10:35 PM   #3
slammed93gt
AF Newbie

i tried to do all that and still nothing after it sits it wants to but just won't. i read somewhere that a wire that runs the inertia switch could be corroded causing it to not get enough voltage to operate properly. but it said for non abs models so i don't know but it is really ticking me off. is it possible that a corroded wire could do this. also they said a sensor for the coolant could be out tellin the computer that it is overheated. could it be????????????????????
Old 08-03-2007, 10:42 PM   #4
buggyfreak
AF Newbie

but you said that you had fuel, so the fuel system is out of the question put a fuel pressure gauge on it make sure its withinspec if it is put a time light on any one of the wires and make sure your getting spark, a corroded wire could be the culprit, but not likely i would lean more toward the crank sensor but the way to fine the out is to put the timeing light on it and make sure its getting spark if you have spark and fuel that only leaves air which could mean the mass air flow sensor has crapped out on you check the fuel pressure first then the spark and make sure there aren't any codes that your car is spitting out
Old 08-05-2007, 01:35 AM   #5
slammed93gt
AF Newbie

im not entirely sure i understand the whole timing light deal. Just put it on the specific wire to see if theres spark. i had the guy put a pressure test on it he said he hooked it up to the fuel rail and was getting right around 40 pounds of pressure not sure if over or slightly under. is it possible that it is getting its getting to much fuel and if so what could cause it to dump too much fuel. another thing when the transmission was out the mass air got thrown around a lil bit could that make it crap out? i mean nothing like football but chunked into the back seat. its just confusing ive never takin anything to a mechanic before and even hes gettin pissed off i pulled some strings with a friend of mine at the ford dealer and he' s sending somebody to hook up one of ther scanners to it to tell me whats going on but i kinda want to try figure it out to save some money.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:33 PM   #6
buggyfreak
AF Newbie

40psi should be enough, now you know you have fuel. now it is time to see if you have spark. all your going to do is hook up the timeing light to see if you have spark and here is how to do it so there is no misunderstanding, 1 connect the red lead to the battery + and then the black to the battery -. 2 hook up the remaining connection to anyone of the spark plug wires. 3. have someone sit in the car and cramk it over while you hold the button down on the timing gun. if the light flashes which it probably wont you have spark. but to tell you the truth with the information i have heard i would replace the crank sensor and if that didn't work the disributor because the exact same thing happened to me and if you need one i am parting out a 93 gt i have a known good crank sensor and new disributor with under 1000miles on it or you can also go to a junkyard
Old 08-07-2007, 12:24 AM   #7
slammed93gt
AF Newbie

i had a shop put in a new distributor about 3 days ago cause i don't have time. me and the guy pulled each plug wire off and put a plug in it and sat next to a ratchet and it had spark at each cylinder. the guy at ford i had come out said it was 180 out so i'm gonna try to correct the timing today.also is there anyway i an contact you regarding any parts i might need?
Old 08-08-2007, 06:29 AM   #8
buggyfreak
AF Newbie

yup, either leave a message up on the board or send me an email at farlow16@hotmail.com and i will get back to you asap hope it all works out for ya.

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Probe