Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Escape | Maverick | Escape Hybrid
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 07-18-2021, 10:39 PM   #1
ThatsLife13
AF Newbie

Question 2013 2.0 liter Weird System issues. Need help! Please

I've had my 2013 2.0 liter turbo Escape for about 5 years or so now. I havent had any issues until this year. All the issues I've been having are intermittent. It started with my SUV not starting. All the lights, radio, and such would come on but the engine wouldn't. Did that several times. Then the alarm started occasionally going off without the car or key fob being touched. I had to pull the fuse to stop it because nothing else turned it off. It will say 4WD is off. It will turn the radio to AM and change what's on my dash screen. The ABS light has turned on. Traction control will turn itself on and won't turn off again. The acceleration will stop working while driving. I've plugged my OBD reader in to check everything and try to read codes but it says everything is normal and no codes are popping up. I've popped the hood, taken off all the covers, gotten under it and have looked over absolutely everything I can without taking it apart. Everything looks completely fine. I am completely stumped as to what's wrong with it. I've taken it to the dealership more than once since these issues started and they've said there's nothing wrong with it except a minor oil leak. I have plenty of experience working on cars. However, all the cars and trucks I've worked on were older and didn't have all the fancy electronic bells and whistles. Most of the cars I'm used to working on are early 90s and 80s models.
ThatsLife13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2021, 05:15 AM   #2
Stealthee
Your worst nightmare

Re: 2013 2.0 liter Weird System issues. Need help! Please

Sounds like a low voltage issue. Could also be a bad/poor ground.
Old 07-19-2021, 08:16 AM   #3
ThatsLife13
AF Newbie

Re: 2013 2.0 liter Weird System issues. Need help! Please

I've checked both of those things. Nothing seems to be wrong there.
ThatsLife13 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Tags
computer , issues , problem
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Escape | Maverick | Escape Hybrid