Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online!
Automotive Forums .com - the leading automotive community online! 
-
Latest | 0 Rplys
Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Probe
Register FAQ Community Arcade Calendar
Reply Show Printable Version Show Printable Version | Email this Page Email this Page | Subscription Subscribe to this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 02:38 PM   #1
coyotefive
AF Newbie

94 PGT Stalling

My 94 gt just stalls all the time. When i come to a stoplight. Anytime i let off the gas it stalls. Exept when i start it. It will stay running when i start it but as soon as i hit the gas and release it stalls. Whats causing this. HELP
coyotefive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 01:00 PM   #2
octagon
AF Newbie

Re: 94 PGT Stalling

I am on my second probe GT now. Just after I got the first one, it started stalling when I let my foot off the gas, that is to say it would not idle. It otherwise ran well. I discouvered the hard plastic pipe that connects the air filter box to the venturi was cracked. This allowed too much air to enter and so it ran lean and so it stalled. I was on a road trip and duct tape fixed it until I got home and could find one at the wreckers. Hope this helps.
octagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 12:47 AM   #3
CrossGT6
AF Newbie

Send a message via AIM to CrossGT6 Send a message via MSN to CrossGT6 Send a message via Yahoo to CrossGT6
Re: 94 PGT Stalling

This is common, as stated above if the plastic elbow cracks after the VAF (Volume Air Flow) Meter it will cause problems with the car idling normally a idle from 700 to 1500 jump constantly. You can also see the car die.

Vacuum Leaks is another thing to check as is a good cleaning of the TB.

What I suggest is checking this thread for the vacuum diagram and see if you have any error codes.
http://forums.probe-enthusiast.com/s...7717#post27717

Check your TPS Senor and make sure its on the makr and make sure you have no bad vacuum lines or cracks in your elbow.

A Good replacement elbow is the eBay CAI. You can just use the elbow if you want but you will never have a cracking problem and that line in the back is jut a breather line and most of those CAI's have the rear port for it.

Let us know howw things are going but that should handle your issue.

If your close by I will help you with everything, its not a big problem. Just supply something non-alc to drink. Maybe Lunch *shrugs*

I stayed up one night playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and 4 people died.
"Bub's are you an unethical quack?" - Homestar Runner
"Aww, now my heads not taped to the TV." - Strong Bad
I see you have the ring and I see that your Schwartz is as big as mine. -Dark Helmet
"The Claw decides who will go and who will stay."
"This is ludicris..." -Woody Toy Story
CrossGT6 is offline   Reply With Quote

POST REPLY TO THIS THREAD

Go Back   Automotive Forums .com Car Chat > Ford > Probe